Mississippi State c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pawprintsandponytails

MsState 2025
Reaction score
Hey y'all!

I feel like in the past threads I don't see too many State applicants, so I was going to start one for MSU since the first round of OOS interviews are in just 11 days! :nailbiting:

I am a OOS second time applicant (first time I was missing a pre-req). I am also currently attending here as a Master's student so if anyone has any questions about the overall vibe/town I can help ya out there!

Best of luck to everyone applying!!

(Hail State!)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS, first-time applicant!

Members don't see this ad :)
Literally so excited that there are folks on here applying to State! This is my top school after being here for my masters. I LOVE it!

First time, OOS applicant! I attended the interview prep zoom session and loved the vibe from everyone. Really hoping for good news!

OOS, first-time applicant! I can’t believe their interview dates are so early this cycle!

First time, OOS applicant! I attended the interview prep zoom session and loved the vibe from everyone. Really hoping for good news!
I also attended their Zoom interview session! I loved the enthusiasm and friendliness from everyone- I really got a sense that they have a tight-knit school with the way they were all joking around. It definitely got me more excited about the school because a supportive campus culture is super important to me!

OOS, second time applicant, first time to Mississippi!

I'm also OOS 2nd time applicant, first time applying to Mississippi!

Second time applicant! Out of state technically but have lived in MS now for over a year. Really hoping for better luck this year! Has anyone been invited for interviews yet since the first date is so close?

Second time applicant! Out of state technically but have lived in MS now for over a year. Really hoping for better luck this year! Has anyone been invited for interviews yet since the first date is so close?

I have not! I have heard we should get around a 3 week notice before any interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh okay! I haven't gotten any e-mails from them, but I didn't submit until the 14th, and was just recently verified.

Here’s a copy of the email from 8/13

Thank you for your interest in Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine. Interview dates for this application cycle have been finalized. Applicants invited for interviews will be assigned one of the following dates:

Interviews will be held virtually with interviews for non-resident applicants being held in the fall and interviews for MS resident and contract applicants being held in February.

Interested in seeing some of our facilities? Watch our photo tour here.

Sincerely,

MSU CVM Admissions Staff

https%3A%2F%2Fu25867.ct.sendgrid.net%2Fwf%2Fopen%3Fupn%3DXX8vPESotB0sE92sYwE-2FLMFRo9fS-2FltrvYZfEAlmx57gsHEc3Wj0EQE-2FrZz0MxwJrkV7eZYya7YzD7GT18EDDc8oUgPyARHbIu5GaXxMq6As0Ebc1m1-2BzjR7vm7ewpPgzL2MfMsCo5LLCZqivnhZE9Y6r8SofnF3A3NV2QhbiM0y5h6KNRAgTfqQgKoheCQXkzfjMpHSW870OsWb4oD-2BwK4rTCf2Kh5BY907Uv9iXMq02-2FaMnZUbEu2a5JlKkUZCYaT68Gv7DybWNrOCvY09Qb4s76oUq12n-2BKngqwdSeEQRQPOr46nrm-2FnVcx6V-2F7lCvzEMLz835irZNQrmJD5JCBtf62AUybz5TCTbd5BenxiCQyoMVa3za0UTfDCw5g2H

oos, second time applying!

nervously waiting for an interview email...

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to anyone who received an interview offer today, I saw it on Facebook that invites for OOS for October 15th went out!

No news is good news right? I just have to keep telling myself that lol

Reactions: 1 users
same, same lol I mean there are two more interview dates for OOS so that is good!
are these interviews for people who turned in their applications early? I feel like for people who turned them in two weeks ish ago that would be very fast?

are these interviews for people who turned in their applications early? I feel like for people who turned them in two weeks ish ago that would be very fast?
That's what I'm thinking? I'm trying to fight my natural panic reaction with the logic that they probably haven't been able to even look at the apps of people who just got verified yet. Following this timeline, should we expect invites for December interviews to go out in mid-November?

I turned my application in August 16 and was verified on August 18th. I just received an invitation for the October 15th interview date!

Oh no I was verified on the 26th last month :( good luck to those who have interviews today!

OOS second time applicant! Interview on 10/15 :)

Yay!! I hope that means you’ll get an interview invite soon! You’re OOS, right? When was your application verified?

Yes I am OOS! I submitted on 9/6 and was verified on 9/8! I was super disheartened when I saw people were already getting interview dates last month, but I think they are just now making their way through the September submissions. Hope you get an email soon as well!

OOS, first time applicant. I got my “you’re being reviewed” email on 9/17. Haven’t heard anything else yet.

Just received an e-mail this morning that my application has been forwarded to committee review!

Did anyone on here interview yesterday? How'd they go?

Did anyone on here interview yesterday? How'd they go?
I did as well! I thought it was very organized, everyone was also very happy to help if you had difficulties with internet or other things!

SC 2nd time applicant. I haven’t received anything about my application going to the committee for review yet. Anyone else? Last year I got the email about it on 10/6.

Has anyone else (this cycle or a previous one) received an email that you’re missing a prerequisite? I’m taking physics II in the spring, so it wasn’t on my application. I’m not sure it will make a difference for my application, but it definitely made me nervous.

Anyone heard updates since the last interview? According to their website, the next interview invite pool should be this Friday (3 weeks before the interview date)!

Just received an interview invite for the December 3rd interview date!

Just got an interview invite too! OOS
It’s gonna be a long day since I’m in pacific time lol

It seems like they are sending emails on the Wed. that is three weeks in advance of the interview time. I also got a letter in the mail today. So I would assume that on November 25th would be the next date emails go out for the December 17th date.

I got an invite!!!!! So exciting after not getting one last year!

Quick question, do we send our fall transcript to the school or no? If so, when is the deadline to do so? I tried looking on the website, but the site is not cooperating with my laptop. I figured I would reach out here first before I emailed admissions as I know they are very busy.

Quick question, do we send our fall transcript to the school or no? If so, when is the deadline to do so? I tried looking on the website, but the site is not cooperating with my laptop. I figured I would reach out here first before I emailed admissions as I know they are very busy.
The website has been messing up for a few days now, I think ITS is working on it. I can't recall exactly, but I don't think they do. I know they require all repeated course work to be done prior to submission, I don't know about if it is a pre-req being done for the first time. Your best bet would be to contact them until the site is fixed.

Congrats to everyone who got an interview invite! I had my interview back in October and it was great! Don't be nervous and just be yourself. I recommend attending the zoom party the night before