Mississippi State c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey y'all!

I feel like in the past threads I don't see too many State applicants, so I was going to start one for MSU since the first round of OOS interviews are in just 11 days! :nailbiting:

I am a OOS second time applicant (first time I was missing a pre-req). I am also currently attending here as a Master's student so if anyone has any questions about the overall vibe/town I can help ya out there!

Best of luck to everyone applying!!

(Hail State!)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First time, OOS applicant! I attended the interview prep zoom session and loved the vibe from everyone. Really hoping for good news!
I also attended their Zoom interview session! I loved the enthusiasm and friendliness from everyone- I really got a sense that they have a tight-knit school with the way they were all joking around. It definitely got me more excited about the school because a supportive campus culture is super important to me!
 
Second time applicant! Out of state technically but have lived in MS now for over a year. Really hoping for better luck this year! Has anyone been invited for interviews yet since the first date is so close?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh okay! I haven't gotten any e-mails from them, but I didn't submit until the 14th, and was just recently verified.

Here’s a copy of the email from 8/13

Thank you for your interest in Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine. Interview dates for this application cycle have been finalized. Applicants invited for interviews will be assigned one of the following dates:

Interviews will be held virtually with interviews for non-resident applicants being held in the fall and interviews for MS resident and contract applicants being held in February.

Interested in seeing some of our facilities? Watch our photo tour here.


Sincerely,

MSU CVM Admissions Staff

https%3A%2F%2Fu25867.ct.sendgrid.net%2Fwf%2Fopen%3Fupn%3DXX8vPESotB0sE92sYwE-2FLMFRo9fS-2FltrvYZfEAlmx57gsHEc3Wj0EQE-2FrZz0MxwJrkV7eZYya7YzD7GT18EDDc8oUgPyARHbIu5GaXxMq6As0Ebc1m1-2BzjR7vm7ewpPgzL2MfMsCo5LLCZqivnhZE9Y6r8SofnF3A3NV2QhbiM0y5h6KNRAgTfqQgKoheCQXkzfjMpHSW870OsWb4oD-2BwK4rTCf2Kh5BY907Uv9iXMq02-2FaMnZUbEu2a5JlKkUZCYaT68Gv7DybWNrOCvY09Qb4s76oUq12n-2BKngqwdSeEQRQPOr46nrm-2FnVcx6V-2F7lCvzEMLz835irZNQrmJD5JCBtf62AUybz5TCTbd5BenxiCQyoMVa3za0UTfDCw5g2H
 
are these interviews for people who turned in their applications early? I feel like for people who turned them in two weeks ish ago that would be very fast?
That's what I'm thinking? I'm trying to fight my natural panic reaction with the logic that they probably haven't been able to even look at the apps of people who just got verified yet. Following this timeline, should we expect invites for December interviews to go out in mid-November?
 
I turned my application in August 16 and was verified on August 18th. I just received an invitation for the October 15th interview date!
 
Oh no I was verified on the 26th last month 🙁 good luck to those who have interviews today!
 
Yay!! I hope that means you’ll get an interview invite soon! You’re OOS, right? When was your application verified?

Yes I am OOS! I submitted on 9/6 and was verified on 9/8! I was super disheartened when I saw people were already getting interview dates last month, but I think they are just now making their way through the September submissions. Hope you get an email soon as well!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SC 2nd time applicant. I haven’t received anything about my application going to the committee for review yet. Anyone else? Last year I got the email about it on 10/6.
 
Has anyone else (this cycle or a previous one) received an email that you’re missing a prerequisite? I’m taking physics II in the spring, so it wasn’t on my application. I’m not sure it will make a difference for my application, but it definitely made me nervous.
 
Anyone heard updates since the last interview? According to their website, the next interview invite pool should be this Friday (3 weeks before the interview date)!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Quick question, do we send our fall transcript to the school or no? If so, when is the deadline to do so? I tried looking on the website, but the site is not cooperating with my laptop. I figured I would reach out here first before I emailed admissions as I know they are very busy.
 
Quick question, do we send our fall transcript to the school or no? If so, when is the deadline to do so? I tried looking on the website, but the site is not cooperating with my laptop. I figured I would reach out here first before I emailed admissions as I know they are very busy.
The website has been messing up for a few days now, I think ITS is working on it. I can't recall exactly, but I don't think they do. I know they require all repeated course work to be done prior to submission, I don't know about if it is a pre-req being done for the first time. Your best bet would be to contact them until the site is fixed.
 
Congrats to everyone who got an interview invite! I had my interview back in October and it was great! Don't be nervous and just be yourself. I recommend attending the zoom party the night before