Mississippi State c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a question for those who already interviewed it says my interview day starts at 8:15 in the morning but my interview isnt actually until almost 11. So am I logged onto my computer watching seminars and such or am I just waiting to log in before my time slot ?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to everyone who got an interview invite! I had my interview back in October and it was great! Don't be nervous and just be yourself. I recommend attending the zoom party the night before

Did they send you the information on that the week of on Monday?

Does anyone know roughly what the odds are of being accepted once interviewed?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well they don't really post stats around, but....
from what I looked at there are already 68 people signed up for the interview date I have. Assuming there are 75 people invited to each interview date... that would mean they are interviewing around 300 people.
The class makeup is five are South Carolina students on contract, seven are West Virginia students on contract, and the remainder are non-resident students... leaving 43 students for "true" OOS seats.
So in general I would guess there is a top 15% trend of those interviewed invited for admissions.... but state also seems to have a more holistic approach, the GPA range is from 3.41-4.0 for incoming class but the average is around 3.8, so I mean they do take other factors into consideration. Take my numbers with a grain of salt though because I mean I just made assumptions about the amount interviewed, and I would say that the OOS interview numbers are going to include some SC and WV students so that messes up the data a little bit in that aspect.

I mean I do not have a stellar GPA by any means from my UG, so they are for sure taking into account other factors when offering invitations to interview!

I mean I do not have a stellar GPA by any means from my UG, so they are for sure taking into account other factors when offering invitations to interview!
I agree! I’m also currently in a masters program, but at Kansas State! My undergrad was not stellar either.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a question for those who already interviewed it says my interview day starts at 8:15 in the morning but my interview isnt actually until almost 11. So am I logged onto my computer watching seminars and such or am I just waiting to log in before my time slot ?
You attend orientation in the morning. Then you can log off. You log back in 15-20 minutes prior to your interview.

Reactions: 1 users
Got an interview invite this week by email, and yesterday a formal invite by mail (which I thought was super cool)!

The website is up and running again. I just wanted to post the answer to my own question from last week regarding transcripts. The website states " Final official transcripts will be requested if you are invited to be part of an entering class.  " Just in case anyone else was wondering.

For those who have an interview coming up how are you preparing? Those who have interviewed what was it like in terms of being over a computer? And what did the zoom party consist of the night before? Sorry that I ask a million questions lol!

For those who have an interview coming up how are you preparing? Those who have interviewed what was it like in terms of being over a computer? And what did the zoom party consist of the night before? Sorry that I ask a million questions lol!
I already interviewed, I prepared by going over possible questions (none of which were asked :rofl:), it was really easy going. Three people interviewed me and they each asked questions. The zoom party had breakout rooms of 10ish people and every 10 minutes a different faculty, staff member, or student would join the room and they would tell you about themselves and they opened up the floor for questions.

So tomorrow (I would guess around like 9am) I think the next group of email invitations is going to go out, just a bit of well wishing on a Tuesday!

Members don't see this ad :)
So tomorrow (I would guess around like 9am) I think the next group of email invitations is going to go out, just a bit of well wishing on a Tuesday!
This will be the last round of OOS interview invites, right? If we don’t get one tomorrow that’s as good as a rejection? So nervous!!

Just got an interview invite!!!!!!! Almost had a heart attack hahaha I thought it wouldn’t be til tomorrow!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Omg I got an interview invite!! I just spent the last few hours moping because I thought I wasn’t making the cut for the final OOS interview date. I am ecstatic!!

Reactions: 3 users
OOS interview invite!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻

Congrats to everyone who got an interview invite! I had my interview back in October and it was great! Don't be nervous and just be yourself. I recommend attending the zoom party the night before
Were the questions more behavioral based? Or what kind of questions were asked? Also, was it closed or open book? Thanks in advance :)

Good news!! The university is closing tomorrow at noon so I guess they sent them out early! Congratulations everyone!

Were the questions more behavioral based? Or what kind of questions were asked? Also, was it closed or open book? Thanks in advance :)
It's an open book interview!

Anyone who is interviewing on December 3rd not been contacted by a mentor yet?

Anyone who is interviewing on December 3rd not been contacted by a mentor yet?

I have been contacted, but they haven't responded to my questions. There are a few first years on some of the Mississippi State postings on APVMA that are offering to answer questions. I can answer questions about the town, and stuff in general! (I am here currently!)

Considering my interview is on Thursday I should be doing things to make my self less stressed but surprise I am not and here we are! So if they have 5 interview dates and there are interviewing roughly 126 students on Thursday, do y’all think they are interviewing over 500 candidates? Seems like a pretty large jump from previous cycles. Maybe they are interviewing a different number of students each time? What do y’all think?

Considering my interview is on Thursday I should be doing things to make my self less stressed but surprise I am not and here we are! So if they have 5 interview dates and there are interviewing roughly 126 students on Thursday, do y’all think they are interviewing over 500 candidates? Seems like a pretty large jump from previous cycles. Maybe they are interviewing a different number of students each time? What do y’all think?

Based on the packet I got in the mail they interviewed 321 students for the 2024 class. I would say a large number of those are from OOS. (The data on VIN says that for the class of 2021 there were only 71 applicants, and I doubt that has varied too much) I do think they are interviewing more this year, but I don't think they are interviewing over 500. I haven't heard where a single person has gotten an interview on the initial September date. It seems like all OOS is lumped into the October and December dates. I did look at the later December date and there are a few more interview slots available but only 98 filled, whereas on our date there are 125 signed up. (My estimation is they are interviewing around 425 students total with IS and OOS)

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE.... because State has a set number of seats for OOS, we will likely hear a decision by the end of December.. In the past (when it was just a single interview date) admission calls began about two weeks after the interview. State's campus is closed 23rd until Jan 2 So if we hear in December that gives us around the 21 to 22 to hear... I think their goal is to announce to OOS by the end of December.

State is my dream school, so I have been doing extensive creeping.... :rofl:

So is anyone else getting nervous for this interview lol?

So is anyone else getting nervous for this interview lol?
I interviewed in October. I was very nervous. However, all my fears went away as soon as the interview started. They were so nice and we made some jokes. Pour a cup of coffee and just breathe.

Are any of you attending the zoom party tonight ?

Unfortunately, no. As ridiculous as it sounds, I’ve managed to get covid (ya know, right before an important interview- go figure) so I’ll just be doing the interview tomorrow and that’s all. Hope it goes well though!
Are any of you attending the zoom party tonight ?

Anyone else still stuck waiting for the meeting? Been here for 20 minutes now and kind of worried...

Anyone else still stuck waiting for the meeting? Been here for 20 minutes now and kind of worried...
So glad you said this because I'm waiting as well, and was starting to panick a little bit

I have zoom pulled up on my laptop and phone and neither is working

Ok thank goodness I’m not alone! Not sure what’s going on🤷‍♀️

Okay I'm on!

Hey guys just wanted to share some info from this morning, a lot of people had left the zoom meeting when there were some good questions!

- The last two interview dates (Dec) have more interviewees than the previous dates (Sept and Oct), so the number of invites is not proportional across the dates
- They are increasing the class size to 112, they aren't exactly sure how to seats will be but likey meaning they are taking more OOS
- Some people will hear by the end of December, all decisions will be released about a week after the Feb interview date
- They focused heavily on your MSU supplemental essay and your required course GPA this year, it seems that they may vary on what they analyze the most heavily each year
- Folder reviews are offered and they will share your interview feedback
-On the panel (2 or 3 people) only one person has access to your full application, the others are "cold"

Thought some of y'all may enjoy this information!

To everyone who still has interviews good luck! You will all do great!

Hey guys just wanted to share some info from this morning, a lot of people had left the zoom meeting when there were some good questions!

- The last two interview dates (Dec) have more interviewees than the previous dates (Sept and Oct), so the number of invites is not proportional across the dates
- They are increasing the class size to 112, they aren't exactly sure how to seats will be but likey meaning they are taking more OOS
- Some people will hear by the end of December, all decisions will be released about a week after the Feb interview date
- They focused heavily on your MSU supplemental essay and your required course GPA this year, it seems that they may vary on what they analyze the most heavily each year
- Folder reviews are offered and they will share your interview feedback
-On the panel (2 or 3 people) only one person has access to your full application, the others are "cold"

Thought some of y'all may enjoy this information!

To everyone who still has interviews good luck! You will all do great!

I didn’t catch the increase in class size, or what they were focusing on the most! Thanks for the information! Hope everyone’s interview went well! Now the wait begins!! Good luck to everyone!

Anyone else have their fingers crossed to be in the set of people who will get an answer by the end of December?

Yes I got a random phone call earlier and my heart dropped lol!

well in the past (my creeping abilities showing..) they start calling around 10ish day after the first interview date... sooo maybe they will call next week with results from our date and the other two. The university closes on Dec 23 until Jan 4

well in the past (my creeping abilities showing..) they start calling around 10ish day after the first interview date... sooo maybe they will call next week with results from our date and the other two. The university closes on Dec 23 until Jan 4
I appreciate your creeping abilities though 😂

• Haha
Has anyone who has had an interview already heard of any phone calls of acceptance?

No, they will probably wait until all interviews have been conducted. They have one more round this week I believe!

Who else is interviewing this week and is starting to get reeeeally nervous? I’ve heard that these interviews are more conversational and lower stress than at other schools, but I would love someone to confirm that! Were the questions this year mostly about each person’s background/application or were there some behavioral or knowledge questions thrown in too? Thanks guys! Good luck to everyone else interviewing this week! Hope to see some of you on the Zoom party!

Who else is interviewing this week and is starting to get reeeeally nervous? I’ve heard that these interviews are more conversational and lower stress than at other schools, but I would love someone to confirm that! Were the questions this year mostly about each person’s background/application or were there some behavioral or knowledge questions thrown in too? Thanks guys! Good luck to everyone else interviewing this week! Hope to see some of you on the Zoom party!
I will be interviewing this week too! And a friend of mine from undergrad is also interviewing as well!

From what another friend of mine said (she interviewed in the last group), it was super friendly and relaxed. She mentioned they asked about hobbies or things she likes to do for fun, but nothing too serious I don't think. It definitely sounds different from the interview I had at LMU so I'm really hoping this one will go better and feel less stressful.

Mississippi State was my first interview so I don’t have anything to compare it to, but everyone was super friendly! I would say to be prepared to talk about yourself and your experiences, as well as understanding the breadth of the field, and understanding the financial burden you will be taking on. Everyone’s interview is truly different and personalized to what the interviews want to ask as well as your application, they did not have a set list of questions that they asked. While I was asked about financials I know others were not. But, before the interview you will be able to talk with current students as well as learn a little bit about who will be interviewing you. Don’t overthink your answers! They just want to know you better as a person!! Good Luck! You are welcome to message me with any questions!