You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Mississippi State CVM c/o 2027
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Checked my portal just now - got an invite to interview!! Now lowkey panicking bc I haven’t gotten anything in the mail yet and idk when I’m supposed to go!!
I’m guessing this is for the Jan 5 interview. I might give up my interview, because flights are almost $1k from where I’m at to there [emoji51]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just checked flights and they are $2,500 from my location…
Edit: that was arriving at GTR airport. Just looked for flights to JAN airport and they are much cheaper though 100 miles from the school. Has anyone flown to JAN and how did you travel on land to the school afterwards?
Edit: that was arriving at GTR airport. Just looked for flights to JAN airport and they are much cheaper though 100 miles from the school. Has anyone flown to JAN and how did you travel on land to the school afterwards?
Last edited:
I flew into MEM and rented a car and drove the 2.5 hours.. also not cheap :\Just checked flights and they are $2,500 from my location…
Edit: that was arriving at GTR airport. Just looked for flights to JAN airport and they are much cheaper though 100 miles from the school. Has anyone flown to JAN and how did you travel on land to the school afterwards?
futurebonedogtor
Full Member
I just got my email invitation to interview!!!!!! IM HAPPY CRYING!!!
Well. That's a letter making an unnecessary journey abroad...
OOS interview Invite for Jan 5th. If anyone is traveling from the New Jersey/New York/Connecticut area please reach out!!!
OOS Interview Invite for January 5!
Interview check-in begins at 7:30am, and the last available timeslot to interview is 3:25pm. You can pick which timeslot you would prefer upon interview registration.Does anyone know what time the interview day will end? Is it a full day event or can I expect it to end at a certain time?
Interview check-in begins at 7:30am, and the last available timeslot to interview is 3:25pm. You can pick which timeslot you would prefer upon interview registration.
Thank you! Trying to see if I can fly back home right after haha
Dr.SnowWhite
Full Member
Just got my interview invite! Anyone have any tips from the first wave?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was waitlisted last year and got an interview invite todayThose that were waitlisted last year- anything??
How much was the rental car?I flew into MEM and rented a car and drove the 2.5 hours.. also not cheap :\
IS or OOS?I was waitlisted last year and got an interview invite today
Mine says their reviewing 🤷🏻♀️ who knows at this point lolMy application still says submitted :/
ch3yruh
Tuskegee c/o 2027 🐾
Same, in reviewMine says their reviewing 🤷🏻♀️ who knows at this point lol
charliesmom98
Full Member
Just got an OOS interview!!!!!
charliesmom98
Full Member
I just got mine through email!Are the interview invites through email or just the portal?
For those running into cost issues for flights: Try flying into Jackson, Memphis, or Birmingham. We flew into Birmingham and out of Jackson because that was cheapest. Also if making it isn't financially feasible for you, reach out to admissions and ask if you can participate virtually. The worst thing they can say is no, but if you don't attend at all it's a no anyways.
Out-of-staters traveling to campus: has anyone found a place to spend the night and want a roommate? Happy to split the cost with you! 🙂 🙂
charliesmom98
Full Member
are we allowed to bring guests on the actual interview day?
My mom came with me!are we allowed to bring guests on the actual interview day?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My mom came with me and just waited in the main area while I did my interview.are we allowed to bring guests on the actual interview day?
futurebonedogtor
Full Member
Is anybody interviewing on the 5th?? Are you guys excited/nervous? I’m trying to mentally prepare myself ((it’s my first interview)) but i’m super excited for the pizza party!
Yes! I left right after mineAre we able to leave immediately after our interview? I’m a little anxious because my flight is in Memphis after it, so I’m in a bit of a time crunch to get out of there asap. Thanks!
Yes! I left right after mine
Sounds good, thanks!
Is anybody interviewing on the 5th?? Are you guys excited/nervous? I’m trying to mentally prepare myself ((it’s my first interview)) but i’m super excited for the pizza party!
I’ll be there, and I’m pretty excited for it! You’ll be fine, just prep answers! Not sure if I’ll make it to the pizza party 🙁
charliesmom98
Full Member
I am! I am nervous too, but I’m more excited to talk about my love of vet med! Good luck! 🫶Is anybody interviewing on the 5th?? Are you guys excited/nervous? I’m trying to mentally prepare myself ((it’s my first interview)) but i’m super excited for the pizza party!
dvmbound26
Full Member
Anyone else NOT heard anything yet? No email, nothing in the mail and the portal says my application is still under review
There’s still time to hear back. All applicants will hear back by Feb 25th.Anyone else NOT heard anything yet? No email, nothing in the mail and the portal says my application is still under review
dvmbound26
Full Member
I thought they said in an updated email that interview invites end the week of Jan. 8thThere’s still time to hear back. All applicants will hear back by Feb 25th.
The last interview date is 2/18 so I imagine the last round of invites would be sent out around 2/4I thought they said in an updated email that interview invites end the week of Jan. 8th
Same! They said to reach out by mid January if you still haven’t heard, so planning on doing that if I still haven’t heard.Anyone else NOT heard anything yet? No email, nothing in the mail and the portal says my application is still under review
We should hear by Jan 8th, yesI thought they said in an updated email that interview invites end the week of Jan. 8th
Am I missing an email here? Where does it have this info?We should hear by Jan 8th, yes
It was in an email from December 12thAm I missing an email here? Where does it have this info?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did not receive and email 👀. I’ll contact them and make sure Im not missing other stuffIt was in an email from December 12th
ch3yruh
Tuskegee c/o 2027 🐾
Nope, not meAny OOS heard back yet? 👀
Similar threads
- Replies
- 483
- Views
- 66K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 171