Mississippi State CVM Class of 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are the December dates for in-state students only? If we haven't gotten an invite as an OOS student yet should we consider it rejection?

Members don't see this ad.

Are the December dates for in-state students only? If we haven't gotten an invite as an OOS student yet should we consider it rejection?
This is from the email sent to us early in the process.
At this time, interviews will be held virtually with interviews for non-resident applicants and South Carolina residents being held in the fall and interviews for Mississippi and West Virginia residents being held in January. All interview invitations will be sent no later than December 10th.

So no, I do not think it is a rejection.

At this time, interviews will be held virtually with interviews for non-resident applicants and South Carolina residents being held in the fall and interviews for Mississippi and West Virginia residents being held in January. All interview invitations will be sent no later than December 10th.

Adding onto this, it seems as though they sent out a large batch of interview invites exactly a year ago today for late November/early December interviews, so my guess would be that if we'll be invited to one of those dates we'll hear something pretty soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Also just received an OOS interview invite!! Can anyone whose previously interviewed say how long the whole interview day is? I am supposed to work that afternoon so don’t know if I should start looking for coverage!

When did your app go to committee review? If you don't mind me asking! Just trying to avoid panic mode for a little while longer lol!

Sometime in September! I wouldn't panic, don't count yourself out. There are more interview dates after this one still!

I really spoke too soon😅 OOS invite received via email today! (I ugly cried in a grocery store parking lot)

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I really spoke too soon😅 OOS invite received via email today! (I ugly cried in a grocery store parking lot)
What interview date did they offer you? If you don’t mind me asking. And Congrats!!

Did everyone that received an interview invite on 11/11 go to committee review in September?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did any SC residents hear anything yesterday? Or only OOS?

I interviewed in December last year and didn't hear anything until the spring, so don't count yourself out yet if you have already interviewed! Current first year if you have any questions as well :)

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Current students or anyone who had already been interviewed (idk if this has happened yet) - what was the process like? What kind of questions did they ask? if you don't mind sharing of course lol

Current students or anyone who had already been interviewed (idk if this has happened yet) - what was the process like? What kind of questions did they ask? if you don't mind sharing of course lol
I went to state for undergrad and I’ve mostly heard it always starts with a “tell me about yourself.” Then I’ve heard it’s pretty conversational like talking about your experiences and what not. I’ve heard it’s usually like 20-30 minutes long. Only like 1-2 people have told me they’ve asked a few ethical questions. I think they’re really just trying to get to know you and your passions to see if you’d be a good fit and have an understanding of the profession.

Reactions: 1 user
Oof, does anybody know if there are still any OOS interview dates? My friend is freaking out about the invites sent last friday and I want to try to console them. If they applied last september is there any chance they still havent gotten to them? I think they went to comittee review like mid october?
Any info would be greatly appreciated, they`re freaking out and I have no clue how to help :/

Oof, does anybody know if there are still any OOS interview dates? My friend is freaking out about the invites sent last friday and I want to try to console them. If they applied last september is there any chance they still havent gotten to them? I think they went to comittee review like mid october?
Any info would be greatly appreciated, they`re freaking out and I have no clue how to help :/
The last OOS interview date is 12/17. I assume the invites will be sent out next week because they usually send them out 3 weeks before the interview. For SC students, my friend said she emailed the office and all SC students that are chosen will be interviewed at the 12/17 interview. So, no SC student should have gotten an invite as of this moment if that information is correct. I am so stressed with this waiting game :/ fingers crossed we hear something soon.

The last OOS interview date is 12/17. I assume the invites will be sent out next week because they usually send them out 3 weeks before the interview. For SC students, my friend said she emailed the office and all SC students that are chosen will be interviewed at the 12/17 interview. So, no SC student should have gotten an invite as of this moment if that information is correct. I am so stressed with this waiting game :/ fingers crossed we hear something soon.
I think we are supposed to be getting notification on the 23rd. Dr. Henderson said that everyone would be notified December 23rd but I wonder if she meant Nov 23rd. I asked an upper class men I know to check for me and ask her—this is where I got that info from.

• Love
Also if anyone wants to add me on IG or Facebook feel free too! I only have one other friend applying for vet school who truly understands how stressful (but exciting) this is. 🤗

Also if anyone wants to add me on IG or Facebook feel free too! I only have one other friend applying for vet school who truly understands how stressful (but exciting) this is. 🤗
Hey! What is your IG? I am also an SC resident applying for a contract seat :)

I would also like to state that we are in the middle of finals right now so some communication may be a little slower just this week or two at least for those waiting to still hear. In terms of the interview itself it is a panel of 3 veterinarians, 2 of whom are usually faculty and then an alumni. Only one has read your application and the other 2 have not so they literally know nothing about you! It's a very conversational interview, I personally didn't have any clinical questions or ethical questions asked. Mostly tell me about yourself, future plans, motivation/support system, what I do in my free time, how I will handle the classload, etc. They really truly want to know you as a person so although I'll tell you not to stress and you probably still will, it was one of the best interviews I've ever had! Everyone who is doing the interviews want us to succeed and they are all amazing doctors so take comfort in they want you to do good! Hope this helps some of you! Best if luck!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else interview today? I’m honestly not sure how it went. Not bad but not fantastic. Thirty minutes is not enough time! Lol

Hey everyone I spoke with someone in admissions today and she said that SC interviewers will be interviewed on December 17th. Decisions regarding interviews will be going out in 1-2 weeks . She also said that no news is good news at this point.

Reactions: 4 users
Is tomorrow presumably the last day to hear about interviews for OOS?

This is what I have gathered. I am an OOS applicant and no contract. So I’m taking tomorrow as my answer.

This is what I have gathered. I am an OOS applicant and no contract. So I’m taking tomorrow as my answer.
I wouldn’t say that they are not interviewing OOS on the 17th it’s just the date that SC students are being interviewed so I wouldn’t give up until you get a definite answer. They might decide to interview some OOS on that date as well.

They just changed the last OOS/SC contract interview date to January 21st—all invites will be sent by December 21st.

Just got an email saying that there was a date change. interviews for dec 17th will now be held on Jan 21 of 2022. and be for both residents and nonresidents. so it seems there are still invites for OOS students to be had

Did everyone who interviewed receive a shirt or was my assigned mentor the sweetest person ever? I just got a shirt in the mail from the student assigned to answer my interview process and school-related questions!

Did everyone who interviewed receive a shirt or was my assigned mentor the sweetest person ever? I just got a shirt in the mail from the student assigned to answer my interview process and school-related questions!
I got one too! They are so thoughtful!

Yes I am interviewing Friday. And yes I did check spam. hmmm I will reach out to them I guess. Thank you!

Yes I am interviewing Friday. And yes I did check spam. hmmm I will reach out to them I guess. Thank you!

Last cycle this also happened to me. We got to the virtual tour and I still hadn’t heard, so I mentioned it in one of the smaller breakout rooms and was contacted later that night. Things happen sometimes! Even though it wasn’t until the night before my interview she was still super helpful, and they apologized many times for the mix up!

Just touching base to see if you were able to contact your mentor. I am a student envoy at MSU.
this is super random but is that a guinea pig in your profile picture? I love it!!!

Has anyone else been waiting to be let into the interview? I've been waiting since like 7:55 and I'm not sure when I should contact someone

Has anyone else been waiting to be let into the interview? I've been waiting since like 7:55 and I'm not sure when I should contact someone

I’m also waiting! I believe they well let us in at 8:15