Mississippi State CVM Class of 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm curious now when they will release the last round of OOS invites now that the interview date has changed... waiting game lol!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I got an email saying my application was sent to committee review on September 19th, and I still haven't heard back for an interview. Should I take that as a rejection? I'm a first time application OOS.

I got an email saying my application was sent to committee review on September 19th, and I still haven't heard back for an interview. Should I take that as a rejection? I'm a first time application OOS.
There is still one more round of OOS invites on December 21st. To my knowledge, that is the last date for interview invites. Until then, we are still operating on "no news is good news"

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did everyone who interviewed (or everyone in general?) receive the email with the dates of the student preview days in the spring? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else receive an invited student preview day schedule? Haven’t received an admissions letter so I am a tad confused lol

Did everyone who interviewed (or everyone in general?) receive the email with the dates of the student preview days in the spring? Thanks!
I haven’t received an interview but got the email (WV contract applicant).

I got the email too. I think that it's a little bit odd that they sent that email when they haven't even finished sending interview invites (I am an SC resident and I am very tired of waiting at this point lol)

I thought this at first as well. But now I’m seeing they aren’t sending the signups to attend until after acceptances go out. So I guess it makes sense that they’d send out a heads up just to make sure people don’t plan vacations or stuff like that during those dates

How did everyone that has interviewed already feel about their experience? I felt very confident and happy with my answers, but the longer I sit here psychoanalyzing everything my interviewers did and said, I can’t help but feel like my interview was not as relaxed as I thought it would be. Like idk I just wouldn’t describe it as “conversational” as all the envoys and admissions people said it was going to be…. Anyone else feel this way?

How did everyone that has interviewed already feel about their experience? I felt very confident and happy with my answers, but the longer I sit here psychoanalyzing everything my interviewers did and said, I can’t help but feel like my interview was not as relaxed as I thought it would be. Like idk I just wouldn’t describe it as “conversational” as all the envoys and admissions people said it was going to be…. Anyone else feel this way?
I felt the same way with one of my interviews. I think that, unless you see a score sheet, you are never going to really know how well you actually did. The thing that I keep telling myself is that I cannot change anything about it now, so it is not worth it to stress myself out over. Easier said than done, I know.

Personally, I found it more conversational than expected but felt as though I was the one making it conversational, but I also didn't really believe them when they said it was relaxed. I was engaging them with jokes and referencing what little I knew about them in my answers and I think that helped make everything go over a little more fluidly. At the end of the day, it is still an important professional interview, so it probably won't feel relaxed no matter what they do. I'm sure you did great and as long as you feel they got to know you a little better, you did what you were supposed to do!

Personally, I found it more conversational than expected but felt as though I was the one making it conversational, but I also didn't really believe them when they said it was relaxed. I was engaging them with jokes and referencing what little I knew about them in my answers and I think that helped make everything go over a little more fluidly. At the end of the day, it is still an important professional interview, so it probably won't feel relaxed no matter what they do. I'm sure you did great and as long as you feel they got to know you a little better, you did what you were supposed to do!

Thank you for this it definitely settles my nerves. Now that you mention it things were a bit more conversational when I initiated it, and it makes sense that they wouldn’t start talking about themselves or their experiences when we have so little time. I definitely think when you look at it in the perspective of its still a professional interview, I can’t see it being any more relaxed without losing some of the professionalism. I feel 10000x better after reading this thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Not trying to look too deep into this, but last year they sent IS interview invites out on 12/22, the same day as the first batch of OOS acceptances. So, maybe the first batch will also be sooner than 12/22 this year? I would imagine they would send out the remaining OOS interview invites before sending those acceptances though.

Just your classic overthinking post so I am not sitting alone with these thoughts:rofl:

Not trying to look too deep into this, but last year they sent IS interview invites out on 12/22, the same day as the first batch of OOS acceptances. So, maybe the first batch will also be sooner than 12/22 this year? I would imagine they would send out the remaining OOS interview invites before sending those acceptances though.

Just your classic overthinking post so I am not sitting alone with these thoughts:rofl:

I did similar stalking and I like the way you’re thinking lol. Also I was hoping it would be sooner because this year they pushed that last interview date to the new year so hopefully they can make decisions sooner

• Haha
I did similar stalking and I like the way you’re thinking lol. Also I was hoping it would be sooner because this year they pushed that last interview date to the new year so hopefully they can make decisions sooner

YUP that same thought process also went through my head!!

YUP that same thought process also went through my head!!

giphy.gif

• Love
Have any SC applicants received anything? I am an SC applicant and still have not received anything.... I am getting impatient :rofl:
I haven’t received any thing either. Finished finals so now I’m just overthinking everything 😅

IS interview invite by mail today !
What part of MS are you from? I’m trying to figure out if you might get your mail before me by being closer to Jackson😂 I’m stressed

What part of MS are you from? I’m trying to figure out if you might get your mail before me by being closer to Jackson I’m stressed

I’m thinking they are probably planning on emailing tomorrow (and hopefully calling with acceptances?) and they just didn’t expect someone to get the snail mail invite so soon! So I wouldn’t be too worried until the emails go out!

I’m thinking they are probably planning on emailing tomorrow (and hopefully calling with acceptances?) and they just didn’t expect someone to get the snail mail invite so soon! So I wouldn’t be too worried until the emails go out!
Oh gosh I hope so! I live like 25 minutes from MSU but a good ways from Jackson. All our mail goes to Jackson first so the people who live near there gets it’s pretty quick 😅 I’m so nervous lol

Hate to ask this again but I just feel really bad for my friend as they havent heart anything back yet. Should I keep telling them no news is good news?

They`ve been invited to an interview else where and made it past phase 1 in I think all other schools, but they really expected to hear back from Mississsippi by now and they`re really stressed because of it. They didnt complete some prereqs (taking them this sem and I think maybe one next semester) by the time they submitted their apps (I think like 3/4?).

No notice for SC residents right? I’m slowly freaking out.

Anymore IS invites today? I haven’t heard anything☹️

Omg! My mail ran super late tonight and I got a interview invite 🥰 I’m so happy!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I got an invitation to interview at 11:15 today through email! WV contract applicant

Still waiting for SC contract seat
They may be sending IS and WV contract invitations right now because they are interviewing at their regular date of January 7th. They are probably gonna send outs closer to the 21st since we are interviewing the end of January.

Wv contract-interview invite. Good luck to all!

WV contract interview!! So happy!!!

Does anyone know if Mississippi is still sending out interview invites?

Do y’all think we will hear tomorrow? Does anyone know when the office is closing for the holidays?

I’m not sure about this year, but I will say last year I got my OOS acceptance on Dec 23rd!

• Love
I’m not sure about this year, but I will say last year I got my OOS acceptance on Dec 23rd!

Do you have any idea what percentage of OOS acceptances go out in December? Based on last years thread it seemed like most of them went in Dec. but idk if you know otherwise?

Do y’all think we will hear tomorrow? Does anyone know when the office is closing for the holidays?

The admissions timeline on the website says the following, so I'm thinking it will either be tomorrow or Monday, hopefully tomorrow!

Dec 20
-Interview notifications end
  • Applicants who are not invited to interview are notified
  • Some applicants notified of admission decision

I am a OOS and I interviewed on the 3rd. Last year, do you know if all OOS that were already interviewed were notified if they were accepted or rejected on the dec 23rd?

I am a OOS and I interviewed on the 3rd. Last year, do you know if all OOS that were already interviewed were notified if they were accepted or rejected on the dec 23rd?
they only sent out some acceptances, no rejections, other acceptances were sent out later the following year along with the rejections at that time I believe

How was he for you? I had two interviewers. I forget the other guy's name but he was super interested in me and very engaged, and Dr. King was meh.

I can understand how it would be frustrating to feel like you didn't mesh super well with one of your interviewers, but I don't think it's appropriate to name certain individuals like that. To me it comes off as a bit disrespectful because they dedicated their time for the interview, and they could be someone you'd interact with as a potential future student. I know you probably didn't mean it that way but I wanted to let you know how it could come off to others reading this, especially because it is a public forum.

I can understand how it would be frustrating to feel like you didn't mesh super well with one of your interviewers, but I don't think it's appropriate to name certain individuals like that. To me it comes off as a bit disrespectful because they dedicated their time for the interview, and they could be someone you'd interact with as a potential future student. I know you probably didn't mean it that way but I wanted to let you know how it could come off to others reading this, especially because it is a public forum.
First off this is anonymous, second, off I didn't mean it in the sense of he's not an interesting man. I meant it is a caught him on his phone twice during my interview and I found that to be very disrespectful and discouraging. So I resulted to this forum as a way to see if he was like that for me or in general. I didn't mean it in any disrespect rather than insight on the professionalism of the school and its staff.

First off this is anonymous, second, off I didn't mean it in the sense of he's not an interesting man. I meant it is a caught him on his phone twice during my interview and I found that to be very disrespectful and discouraging. So I resulted to this forum as a way to see if he was like that for me or in general. I didn't mean it in any disrespect rather than insight on the professionalism of the school and its staff.
I should have explained myself better, but I meant it with no disrespect rather curiosity of my particular circumstance. My apologies for anyone who took it that way it wasn't my intention.