Mississippi State CVM Class of 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The post interview survey they just sent out raised my anxiety levels 100%

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The post-interview survey doesn't have January 21st as an option for an interview date, are you guys gonna put a random date and put a comment about it somewhere else or what are y'all thinking about doing for it?

Members don't see this ad :)
The post-interview survey doesn't have January 21st as an option for an interview date, are you guys gonna put a random date and put a comment about it somewhere else or what are y'all thinking about doing for it?
I left the date blank & skipped the question. But another solution would be to do Jan 7 & then correct it in the notes section.

I chose the date that I was originally supposed to interview so December 17th.

I interviewed in November and haven’t heard anything. Do you guys think I still have a chance of getting in? OOS

I interviewed in November and haven’t heard anything. Do you guys think I still have a chance of getting in? OOS
Hey there I’m in the same position you are as a November interview! Here’s a quote from my friend that attends MSU CVM “A few people get acceptances in December and the majority of the class will be notified later on!”

Today they were calling for in state acceptances not OOS. You’re not out of the running yet ❤️

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
For those of you accepted, CONGRATS! There has been a facebook page set up: Mississippi State CVM C/O 2026 for those of you accepted that will be accepting seats to meet your classmates. For those of you still waiting, don't lose hope! If anyone would like to talk about Starkville or the area, I'm a first year envoy and happy to help.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there I’m in the same position you are as a November interview! Here’s a quote from my friend that attends MSU CVM “A few people get acceptances in December and the majority of the class will be notified later on!”

Today they were calling for in state acceptances not OOS. You’re not out of the running yet ❤️
Nov interview OOS. Heard nothing......ahhhh

My friend got a packet saying they qualify to be a Bardsley scholar and was wondering on how many people normally get that as well as what that means in terms of acceptence and such. They know it doesnt mean they`re in per say, but wanted to know if they would have to accept the seat at Mississippi to get that second interview for the scholarship. Also, if they would be interviewed for the scholarship automatically if they are accepted or if they "thin the herd" from intially interviews and chose select people to interview a second time and then select the final people based on the second interview. They`re worried as they`re unsure how well they did in the initial interview.
Thanks and I hope everybody has a good day!

My friend got a packet saying they qualify to be a Bardsley scholar and was wondering on how many people normally get that as well as what that means in terms of acceptence and such. They know it doesnt mean they`re in per say, but wanted to know if they would have to accept the seat at Mississippi to get that second interview for the scholarship. Also, if they would be interviewed for the scholarship automatically if they are accepted or if they "thin the herd" from intially interviews and chose select people to interview a second time and then select the final people based on the second interview. They`re worried as they`re unsure how well they did in the initial interview.
Thanks and I hope everybody has a good day!
As far as I understand, anyone that had a VMCAS GPA of 3.7 or higher that was interviewed, will get the packet. They said that students that are offered the scholarship will be notified around the beginning of March, after those accepted have all been notified. It doesn’t have any say on your acceptance or not, strictly what your reported GPA was. But if you are accepted into the class, then they will pick people from that pool for the scholarship, Not sure how many are given chosen.

Can anyone that interviewed recently clarify? Did they say all decisions will hopefully be out by 2/7, or did they just say that to IS/contract seats?

I interviewed 1/7 and dr. Moore-Henderson said by the second week of February is when every applicant would be notified of all decisions

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed 1/7 and dr. Moore-Henderson said by the second week of February is when every applicant would be notified of all decisions

Thank you! Didn’t want to get my hopes up but now I can continue to stare at my phone willing it to ring haha

Thank you! Didn’t want to get my hopes up but now I can continue to stare at my phone willing it to ring haha
Part of me wishes I still thought decisions were mid/late Feb so I could be surprised when decisions come out and not be worrying about it lol

Reactions: 2 users
One week closer to decisions!! I’m so anxious for my phone to ring. How’s everyone else holding up?

I'm OOS and had my interview in November and have not heard back yet.

Just your local ~thread stalker~ here to conspire… last year they made their calls 8 days after the last interview date, on a Friday. My bet is they call this Thursday or Friday and then send alternate list emails next Monday.

BUT it has been more than 8 days since the last interview, so maybe they will just start calling Monday as they likely have made decisions by now.

• Haha
Just your local ~thread stalker~ here to conspire… last year they made their calls 8 days after the last interview date, on a Friday. My bet is they call this Thursday or Friday and then send alternate list emails next Monday.

BUT it has been more than 8 days since the last interview, so maybe they will just start calling Monday as they likely have made decisions by now.
I love this so much 100% appreciate this level of speculation

Reactions: 4 users

Maybe I just need to not go to work those days. I will not be able to concentrate at all based on this information. 😅

Maybe I just need to not go to work those days. I will not be able to concentrate at all based on this information. 😅
I'm finishing up my MS and I daydream about getting the call during class and how I'd be totally unable to focus the rest of the day:rofl: these next two weeks are supposed to be filled with decisions from multiple schools for me and I'm gonna struggle so hard to keep myself together tbh. Trying not to be too hopeful but this is my second cycle and rejections are startin to hurt 😅

• Care
Everyone still waiting?

Someone on the APVMA Facebook page said everyone should know by February 7th. Let’s see!

If I heard correctly during the interview orientation it’s not by the 7th but by the week of the 7th. So calls could be made from the 7th to the 11th. Obviously that might change and they might send out everything by the 7th but I do know that it could be for the whole week.

If I heard correctly during the interview orientation it’s not by the 7th but by the week of the 7th. So calls could be made from the 7th to the 11th. Obviously that might change and they might send out everything by the 7th but I do know that it could be for the whole week.
That’s what I also understood!

Dr. Henderson also said that some of us COULD hear earlier than that as well.

I’m just glad others are still waiting! That gives me hope that I’m not waiting alone 😊

Reactions: 5 users
I know they would never reveal this to us, but I’m dying to know how they rank each candidate to offer admission. Also, I wonder if Msstate is one of the schools that does not reject candidates post-interview, but just places everyone on a waitlist.

Sooo….today? :)

I really hope so! I feel like today makes the most sense so then they can send out alternate list emails on Monday like they did last year. Plus with the first preview day being the end of this month the extra weekend notice would be helpful for anyone planning to visit that date

• Care
I really hope so! I feel like today makes the most sense so then they can send out alternate list emails on Monday like they did last year. Plus with the first preview day being the end of this month the extra weekend notice would be helpful for anyone planning to visit that date
I agreeeee! I’m at work right now (on lunch) and every time I feel a vibration on my watch I just have to check immediately to see what it is. I am so ready to know! I’m OOS but reaaaally want MSU. This part of the cycle always feels like it goes so slow

It seems like they won’t be calling today since I’m sure one of us in the thread would’ve heard back by now.

I keep checking my phone going through all the emails waiting for a response 😩 I am also OOS. This waiting game is killing me

I keep checking my phone going through all the emails waiting for a response 😩 I am also OOS. This waiting game is killing me
They will actually call you! They’ll send an email too, but they said their first line of communication is calling!