-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Mizzou c/o 2023
Started by emlady09
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OOS ACCEPTANCE AND IM CRYING WHILE IN A LAB RIGHT NOW
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS accepted! I thought I literally failed my interview so this is a nice surprise.
GoBeyondPlusUltra
TAMU CVM c/o 2023!
OOS accepted! 

morganjanai
Full Member
ACCEPTED OOS!!!

TIME TO GO HELP SOME COWS!!!!OOS ACCEPTANCE AND IM CRYING WHILE IN A LAB RIGHT NOW
4.0nointerviewaurgh
Full Member
This made me cry happy tears.TIME TO GO HELP SOME COWS!!!!

Congrats everyone on your acceptance! To those of you that are alternates, keep your head up, the list will move some once decision day comes. I have a lot of friends that were alternates that got in- so keep checking your emails!
I am a 2nd year at MU and I am an OSS. If you have any questions, feel free to message me 🙂
Congrats again! This is such an exciting day for you all!
I am a 2nd year at MU and I am an OSS. If you have any questions, feel free to message me 🙂
Congrats again! This is such an exciting day for you all!

EmJayVetMed
Ohio State c/o 2023
OOS accepted and very highly considering (depending on how a few things pan out). Hope to see some of you next year 🙂
-screaming because I made the big girl decision to accept my seat today-
Anyone know if Mizzou has a good amount of lab animal medicine opportunities? I know they have the scholars program for research, but I just want to know if there is more than just that program. I guess I’m just worried there would be potentially less specific opportunities since they don’t have a tracking program. Having a tough time deciding between Mizzou and my IS (Minnesota). So if anyone has any info or is willing to let me PM them, please let me know! Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t know anything about the lab animal medicine program, but if you contact Kathy, she can definitely put you in contact with some people that can help. She’s super super helpfulAnyone know if Mizzou has a good amount of lab animal medicine opportunities? I know they have the scholars program for research, but I just want to know if there is more than just that program. I guess I’m just worried there would be potentially less specific opportunities since they don’t have a tracking program. Having a tough time deciding between Mizzou and my IS (Minnesota). So if anyone has any info or is willing to let me PM them, please let me know! Thanks!
Strix
Full Member
Anyone looking for housing in Columbia, I have a really good option for you. If you are interested in a 3 bed 2 bath duplex for pretty cheap with great management (owned by one of my work mentors who is also a veterinarian), feel free to message me for more details! Pet friendly, no pet fee, and flexible move in.
Hi! I tried messaging you but it said I was blocked from doing so... lolAnyone looking for housing in Columbia, I have a really good option for you. If you are interested in a 3 bed 2 bath duplex for pretty cheap with great management (owned by one of my work mentors who is also a veterinarian), feel free to message me for more details! Pet friendly, no pet fee, and flexible move in.
Could you message me some more info about it? Thanks!
Anyone looking for housing in Columbia, I have a really good option for you. If you are interested in a 3 bed 2 bath duplex for pretty cheap with great management (owned by one of my work mentors who is also a veterinarian), feel free to message me for more details! Pet friendly, no pet fee, and flexible move in.
I also tried to message you and was unable to. Would love more details!
Strix
Full Member
I was able to message Paws but not you, I think I unlocked the setting that made it unable to message me, but it looks like you might have the same setting. Try messaging me again!Hi! I tried messaging you but it said I was blocked from doing so... lol
Could you message me some more info about it? Thanks!
sweeet.ash.squeezal
New Member
Maybe very interested...stillAnyone looking for housing in Columbia, I have a really good option for you. If you are interested in a 3 bed 2 bath duplex for pretty cheap with great management (owned by one of my work mentors who is also a veterinarian), feel free to message me for more details! Pet friendly, no pet fee, and flexible move in.
Congratulations to all of the OOS accepted people! IS interviews are starting this week; good luck to all of my fellow Missourians!
Interviewing this week! Super excited! I’m curious, do they have a concrete ratio for OOS:IS applicants accepted?
My dad came with me and I would say the majority of students had family with them compared to those who came alone.Do families usually come to the tours on interview days?
GoBeyondPlusUltra
TAMU CVM c/o 2023!
Do families usually come to the tours on interview days?
Both my parents went on the tour with me!
Yes! Family is always welcome on tours! It is also helpful for them to go because they might ask questions you didn't consider. My parents and my husband all went on my tour!Do families usually come to the tours on interview days?
sweeet.ash.squeezal
New Member
Hey congrats! I’m a little curious how long OOS had to wait to find out the verdict?OOS ACCEPTANCE AND IM CRYING WHILE IN A LAB RIGHT NOW
About two weeks! They stuck to their deadline of 2/1 even with major storms, so props to them! Not sure how this will reflect on IS though, because of different numbers of people applying to each pool and whatnot.Hey congrats! I’m a little curious how long OOS had to wait to find out the verdict?
Not long! I interviewed on Jan 4th (They also had interviews the next week on the 11th and 12th for OOS) and I heard back Feb 2nd!Hey congrats! I’m a little curious how long OOS had to wait to find out the verdict?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Crawling out of my night shift coma to say that I think Mizzou has a strong lab animal medicine program, simply because during clinics, you can take a 6 week lab animal rotation, and then use your remaining time for externships (16 weeks) and electives to go to other lab animal clinics.Anyone know if Mizzou has a good amount of lab animal medicine opportunities? I know they have the scholars program for research, but I just want to know if there is more than just that program. I guess I’m just worried there would be potentially less specific opportunities since they don’t have a tracking program. Having a tough time deciding between Mizzou and my IS (Minnesota). So if anyone has any info or is willing to let me PM them, please let me know! Thanks!
But despite that, you should honestly just go where it will be cheapest. You will get opportunities either way, and the lower debt load is worth it, especially if you are looking for a lab animal residency after school, when your salary is low and your debt keeps growing interest.
Correct. This is for the DVM programthis is not for the MD program right?
Meerkatnip
New Member
Hey everyone! congrats to all of you who got accepted. I have a question
I'm looking to applying here this coming cycle because this school is participating in a more "holistic" approach to their applications. Do any of you know how easy it is to claim residency after one year?
Sorry if this was asked already
I'm looking to applying here this coming cycle because this school is participating in a more "holistic" approach to their applications. Do any of you know how easy it is to claim residency after one year?
Sorry if this was asked already
Hi! I'm part of the class of 2023, and when I called to ask about the ease of claiming residency, they said it was easy and as long as you do everything (you get a list of what needs to be done on interview day), you're pretty much guaranteed to get it. Good luck future vet!Hey everyone! congrats to all of you who got accepted. I have a question
I'm looking to applying here this coming cycle because this school is participating in a more "holistic" approach to their applications. Do any of you know how easy it is to claim residency after one year?
Sorry if this was asked already
Meerkatnip
New Member
Hi! I'm part of the class of 2023, and when I called to ask about the ease of claiming residency, they said it was easy and as long as you do everything (you get a list of what needs to be done on interview day), you're pretty much guaranteed to get it. Good luck future vet!
Awesome! thank you so muchhh! Good luck to you too!
Emvólio_Epistímonas
Full Member
Hey ISer's, does anyone know definitively what date decisions are going out? I seem to recall that there were still interviews through March 4th, and then they had 2 weeks to decide. Would that put us at this Friday, 3/15 or Monday 3/18?
Always go with the later date and then if it comes the early date it’s a nice surprise 😉Hey ISer's, does anyone know definitively what date decisions are going out? I seem to recall that there were still interviews through March 4th, and then they had 2 weeks to decide. Would that put us at this Friday, 3/15 or Monday 3/18?
Strix
Full Member
On our interview day, Kathy said it could easily be as late as early April, so that's what I'm expecting. If decisions come out earlier, then it'll just be a nice surprise like SkiOtter said!Hey ISer's, does anyone know definitively what date decisions are going out? I seem to recall that there were still interviews through March 4th, and then they had 2 weeks to decide. Would that put us at this Friday, 3/15 or Monday 3/18?
Emvólio_Epistímonas
Full Member
Rejected. Well, that's a wrap on this cycle for me. Time to figure out what's next. 🙂 Congrats to those accepted!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sweeet.ash.squeezal
New Member
So who in-staters are my new comrades??! So excited??!!?
Hey guys! I’m a VM4 and I’ll be looking for a new roommate this year to share a 2 bed 2.5 bath KPO townhouse (10 minute drive from school)! The rent is $340 and utilities are usually around $100. Lots of other vet students live in my neighborhood and it's very safe! Also, KPO waives pet fees and restrictions for vet students! So if you think you might want to live with me and Izzy (my dog), send me a message! https://kpoproperties.com/ Feel free to also message me on FB (Rachel Courville). Congrats! We can't wait to meet all of you!