This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Heybeybey_itsme

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! Seems like no one has really posted about the program for this particular cycle so here’s a thread to get it started! Feel free to post if you hear anything in the next few weeks or if you have any questions. Good luck to you all!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Heard from a friend there’s an interview this Thursday so not sure if the June dates are entirely true

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I heard too that someone had an interview the the masters program coming up! I wonder if they do one time all interviews or if they have multiple dates?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys so I was just interviewed today and there were about 15 ish of us there. As for the actual interview invite, they literally just give you a specific date and time for you to attend and don't let you choose from a list of dates which I didn't really like. The zoom meeting started at 9 am. The whole thing was really chill and the interviews itself were more like a conversation than an interrogation.

The set up was:
- Interview starts @9 am & director talks about an overview of the program until 10
- We attended our morning interview with a member of faculty/admissions committee
- We had a Q & A panel with former/current students
- We attended our afternoon interview with a member of faculty/admissions committee
- Closing remarks

Hey guys so I was just interviewed today and there were about 15 ish of us there. As for the actual interview invite, they literally just give you a specific date and time for you to attend and don't let you choose from a list of dates which I didn't really like. The zoom meeting started at 9 am. The whole thing was really chill and the interviews itself were more like a conversation than an interrogation.

The set up was:
- Interview starts @9 am & director talks about an overview of the program until 10
- We attended our morning interview with a member of faculty/admissions committee
- We had a Q & A panel with former/current students
- We attended our afternoon interview with a member of faculty/admissions committee
- Closing remarks
I have mine on Thursday, do you mind sharing some of the questions asked? and was the interview with the faculty committee one on one ?

Yeah I heard too that someone had an interview the the masters program coming up! I wonder if they do one time all interviews or if they have multiple dates?
There was an interview last month if I can recall and the on on Thursday is the third one I believe. Not too sure if there are anymore coming up the website seems so out of date. Fingers crossed though.. if anyone does have an interview tomorrow and wants to throw in the question for us feel free haha

I have mine on Thursday, do you mind sharing some of the questions asked? and was the interview with the faculty committee one on one ?
Yeah so apart from the usual “why medicine” & “why morehouse” I found it telling that both my interviewers asked “people that like you, what would they say about you” as well as “people that don’t like you, what would they say about you.”

It’s crazy because both those questions caught me off guard lol. I had prepared for just about every type of question there was except those. The worst part is they‘re made to sound like strength and weakness questions but they really aren’t lol.

I was also asked:
- “what do you think the biggest problem facing medicine is today and why”
- “what was the biggest challenge that you faced that led you to where you are today rn interviewing in front of me”
- “where do you see yourself 10 years after residency”
- “do you plan to practice in ATL”
- “what was the last book you read about & what was it about”

I think I covered just about everything that isn’t the standard questions you can expect them to ask. In addition to this, they also asked personal questions in my resume and application as a whole. Good luck!

Yeah so apart from the usual “why medicine” & “why morehouse” I found it telling that both my interviewers asked “people that like you, what would they say about you” as well as “people that don’t like you, what would they say about you.”

It’s crazy because both those questions caught me off guard lol. I had prepared for just about every type of question there was except those. The worst part is they‘re made to sound like strength and weakness questions but they really aren’t lol.

I was also asked:
- “what do you think the biggest problem facing medicine is today and why”
- “what was the biggest challenge that you faced that led you to where you are today rn interviewing in front of me”
- “where do you see yourself 10 years after residency”
- “do you plan to practice in ATL”
- “what was the last book you read about & what was it about”

I think I covered just about everything that isn’t the standard questions you can expect them to ask. In addition to this, they also asked personal questions in my resume and application as a whole. Good luck!
Thank you so much this is really helpful.

Oh they also asked me the weirdest ethics question! I’m not sure I’m allowed to share the specific scenario but I definitely failed it lol, it was nothing like what I’ve heard before.

Oh they also asked me the weirdest ethics question! I’m not sure I’m allowed to share the specific scenario but I definitely failed it lol, it was nothing like what I’ve heard before.
Oh wow ethics's question? can you share the topic at least ?

It was a really specific question about camaraderie so I doubt they'll give everyone that same question. But they will ask something ethical-related. My suggestion is to go review ethical type questions online. I actually did this before all my interviews using this website:

It has other useful questions for interviews in general so I'd suggest being able to answer at least 3 questions from each sections. As for the ethical section, just have an answer for every type of question there.

It was a really specific question about camaraderie so I doubt they'll give everyone that same question. But they will ask something ethical-related. My suggestion is to go review ethical type questions online. I actually did this before all my interviews using this website:

It has other useful questions for interviews in general so I'd suggest being able to answer at least 3 questions from each sections. As for the ethical section, just have an answer for every type of question there.
Thank you so much that was really helpful. Do you know if their program still does the linkage with Morehouse? I just got into the JUH MHS program and I am trying look at all aspects of my options.

Thank you so much that was really helpful. Do you know if their program still does the linkage with Morehouse? I just got into the JUH MHS program and I am trying look at all aspects of my options.
Congrats on the acceptance! It doesn't necessarily have the linkage per say (& it never did) but they assured us during the interview that if you do well in the program you would essentially be admitted into the med school. So I guess it's more of an 'unofficial' linkage lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the acceptance! It doesn't necessarily have the linkage per say (& it never did) but they assured us during the interview that if you do well in the program you would essentially be admitted into the med school. So I guess it's more of an 'unofficial' linkage lol.
Thank you !! Would you be admitted the year after completing the program and still to go through the whole aamc process again?

Hi everyone!! Thank you so much to whoever made this thread! I applied for this program and receive an application complete back in April. I love everything about this program so I’m hoping to get an interview and I’m anxious to see how class will be in the fall!

Hey everyone! wow I had no idea interviews already started lol. I'm assuming they are doing Georgia residents first (which I am not)? for those who have interviewed, do ya'll mind listing stats please? mainly MCAT. I'm mainly asking since they did the whole MCAT waiver thing I'm wondering if that applies to everyone even if you already took an mcat or if those with existing scores are still being judged by that....thanks!

Thank you !! Would you be admitted the year after completing the program and still to go through the whole aamc process again?
Yeah the year after as long as you applied the january before you matriculate. I think you still have to go through the aamc process for the simple fact that you probably should still apply to other med schools just in case.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! wow I had no idea interviews already started lol. I'm assuming they are doing Georgia residents first (which I am not)? for those who have interviewed, do ya'll mind listing stats please? mainly MCAT. I'm mainly asking since they did the whole MCAT waiver thing I'm wondering if that applies to everyone even if you already took an mcat or if those with existing scores are still being judged by that....thanks!
I am out of state and I interviewed two days ago.

3.3 gpa, 3.0 scgpa, 495 mcat.

Reactions: 2 users
I am out of state and I interviewed two days ago.

3.3 gpa, 3.0 scgpa, 495 mcat.
We have very similar stats. At the interview did they tell you when you’d hear back? Or what they are doing in the fall for classes?

We have very similar stats. At the interview did they tell you when you’d hear back? Or what they are doing in the fall for classes?
Yeah they said we should plan to hear back by beginning to mid June I believe. I can't quite remember.

In the fall they said they plan for us to have in person classes.

Yeah they said we should plan to hear back by beginning to mid June I believe. I can't quite remember.

When did you submit your app/when were you marked complete if you don’t mind me asking?

Last edited:

Ok thank you so much!

When did you submit your app/when were you marked complete if you don’t mind me asking?
I submitted my application since the beginning of March but I was marked complete like mid April because one of my recommenders hadn't sent in his letter yet.

I submitted my application since the beginning of March but I was marked complete like mid April because one of my recommenders hadn't sent in his letter yet.
Ohhh yea I definitely submitted after you so that may be why I havent heard back yet. I wonder how many people they are interviewing and how many they are accepting?

I have no idea how many they are interviewing but they are accepting about 22

So do most acceptances go out by the beginning of June? I didn't realize that they've been interviewing prior to the deadline so if so, I could see that sticking. Idk how to interpret that since we're pretty much at the end of May.

So do most acceptances go out by the beginning of June? I didn't realize that they've been interviewing prior to the deadline so if so, I could see that sticking. Idk how to interpret that since we're pretty much at the end of May.
Im assuming most acceptances probably do go out early June! And I feel like interviews probably end in June as well.

I tried calling to see if they’d give any updates about if they’re done with interviews or not but they didn’t answer.

I tried calling to see if they’d give any updates about if they’re done with interviews or not but they didn’t answer.
Yeah I sent an email asking about an update as well this morning but no answer yet

I have also applied but did not finish the application until closer to the deadline. I haven't received my complete application email, so I am super nervous that they are interviewing already. I also wasn't able to take my MCAT yet. We'll see how it goes. I'm really interested in this program as well. Best of luck to you all!

I have also applied but did not finish the application until closer to the deadline. I haven't received my complete application email, so I am super nervous that they are interviewing already. I also wasn't able to take my MCAT yet. We'll see how it goes. I'm really interested in this program as well. Best of luck to you all!

I only received one email on 3/30 from Ms. Collier telling me my application was complete and under review . Since then, no news yet

Fingers crossed because it wouldn’t make sense to extend an application deadline and not have interviews to accommodate that. It might be time to start calling a little more frequently..

Fingers crossed because it wouldn’t make sense to extend an application deadline and not have interviews to accommodate that. It might be time to start calling a little more frequently..
I’ve been sending emails to as many people as possible , for follow ups , but I’ve had no luck

I also applied 4/28, and was complete 4/29. I have heard nothing since 5/11 saying that I was still under review. I am honestly losing hope now lol

I’ve been sending emails to as many people as possible , for follow ups , but I’ve had no luck
I've also been emailing them. I hope that I'm not coming off annoying, but there hasn't been any response.

I also applied 4/28, and was complete 4/29. I have heard nothing since 5/11 saying that I was still under review. I am honestly losing hope now lol
From my understanding, the last interview was last Thursday (05/21). They said they’re expecting to accept 26 students. Supposedly, final decision emails will be sent out in the next two weeks.

From my understanding, the last interview was last Thursday (05/21). They said they’re expecting to accept 26 students. Supposedly, final decision emails will be sent out in the next two weeks.
Oh so they are done interviewing? Do they send rejections all at the end or during the process?

Oh so they are done interviewing? Do they send rejections all at the end or during the process?
I had my interview last Thursday and the program director told us that. She said that there wouldn’t be anymore interviews after 05/21. I believe rejections will be given out during the same time period.

I had my interview last Thursday and the program director told us that. She said that there wouldn’t be anymore interviews after 05/21. I believe rejections will be given out during the same time period.
That makes sense with the previous timelines!
Thank you!

Wow I cant believe they are done with interviews already. Seems like they only had like three or four interview dates with fifteen people at each.

Wow I cant believe they are done with interviews already. Seems like they only had like three or four interview dates with fifteen people at each.
I’m not sure how many interview sessions were held, but I know the last virtual interview (05/21) had about 25 students.

I think we should all stay hopeful , it’s hard to , but it’s the best option . We shouldn’t single ourselves out until we get an official word from them !

I think we should all stay hopeful , it’s hard to , but it’s the best option . We shouldn’t single ourselves out until we get an official word from them !
Your right because it seems like those were complete after late March havent heard anything. And like someone said it doesnt make sense to extend the deadline and then not extend interviews.

Your right because it seems like those were complete after late March havent heard anything. And like someone said it doesnt make sense to extend the deadline and then not extend interviews.
I agree. I would wait to hear back from the admissions office. I might be wrong!

Right ! What are your plan b options ? For me I chose to apply to masters programs to become a better applicant for medical school, since I was rejected for the 2020 cycle . I’m not sure what route to take next if the masters doesn’t work out ? Any advice ?

Right ! What are your plan b options ? For me I chose to apply to masters programs to become a better applicant for medical school, since I was rejected for the 2020 cycle . I’m not sure what route to take next if the masters doesn’t work out ? Any advice ?
I actually got accepted for the Meharry MHS program but MSMS is my top choice.

Reactions: 3 users
I would say, if the masters thing doesn’t work out, focus on mcat prep and increase your mcat score to something very competitive, then try to apply again.

Would also suggest a job as a scribe/emt during the additional gap year. My advice though but don’t give up!

I agree. I would wait to hear back from the admissions office. I might be wrong!
I hope that's wrong because that's terrible for people who applied closer to the deadline (me being those people) if the last interview was 6 days after the deadline? That's awful and there's no way they went through those applications and sent out interview invites for those they liked as well. I emailed the admissions assistant yesterday and they said I should hear about the status of my application shortly. So hopefully they host more or refund application fees since it seems mine might not have even been given an opportunity.