-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
General Admissions & OTCAS MOT OTD Texas Applicants 2019-2020 Cycle
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
morigami92
New Member
I’d like to see this as intense training in the divine art of patience. Even so, this is kind of pushing it xD
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
fairbookworm
Full Member
They emailed me back this morning saying they’re waiting still for one more final approval. A little over an hr ago.has anyone called this morning?
Liz-E
Full Member
I keep wondering how long they will wait before they decide to just send it out. I know it has to be frustrating to be waiting on curriculum approval as the last thing, but if it keeps getting pushed off, I am wondering if they will just decide to send out decisions and where that line might be.I called and they are still waiting to hear from the higher education board to see if the OTD curriculum is approved, until then they have no additional information. They are hoping for next week now.
We are trying to plan a wedding and not knowing if school plays a factor has made picking a date nearly impossible!
fairbookworm
Full Member
I’m in the same boat as well! Congratulations to you! When we’re y’all thinking of having it?I keep wondering how long they will wait before they decide to just send it out. I know it has to be frustrating to be waiting on curriculum approval as the last thing, but if it keeps getting pushed off, I am wondering if they will just decide to send out decisions and where that line might be.
We are trying to plan a wedding and not knowing if school plays a factor has made picking a date nearly impossible!
Looks like the texas board of higher ed doesn't meet again until January 23. Maybe we won't know until then? It's all up in the air lol
futureot97
Full Member
Do they approve the OTD curriculum?Looks like the texas board of higher ed doesn't meet again until January 23. Maybe we won't know until then? It's all up in the air lol
It might be a reach to assume so but if they're waiting on the board, as they've said on the phone...it could make sense.Do they approve the OTD curriculum?
Liz-E
Full Member
We are thinking December, so we are trying to plan for the weekend after the semester will end (at the moment the plan is December 19). Congrats to you!! Have you guys set a date yet?I’m in the same boat as well! Congratulations to you! When we’re y’all thinking of having it?
Liz-E
Full Member
Has anyone heard anything about financial aid either from TWU? When I went for my tour last summer they had the listed date for the financial aid office to have all of your documents as January 15, but if we haven't heard about school, I'm not sure how we will meet that deadline. I am going to call tomorrow, but thought I would see if anyone else knew anything before calling!
futureot97
Full Member
I’ve just filled out the fafsa for them, along with the other schools I applied to! Is there anything else we need to submit?
fairbookworm
Full Member
We’ll probably end up doing our wedding at the beginning of January. Maybe later in the month. 🙂 I thought about December, but wasn’t so sure. Since I don’t know if school will be a thing it’s hard to make a definite answer.We are thinking December, so we are trying to plan for the weekend after the semester will end (at the moment the plan is December 19). Congrats to you!! Have you guys set a date yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
fairbookworm
Full Member
How many did twu interview at each campus? About twice the amount of the cohort? I know being waitlisted means I still have a good chance of getting in, but I’d be devastated if I didn’t. It’s my top school.
futureot97
Full Member
I think about 150 at each campus! And it’s also my top choice 🙁How many did twu interview at each campus? About twice the amount of the cohort? I know being waitlisted means I still have a good chance of getting in, but I’d be devastated if I didn’t. It’s my top school.
This wait is killing me 😵 I hope we aren't waiting on the Texas Board of Higher Education to approve their curriculum. It might mean we won't hear back until after the 23rd...
Has anyone heard anything about financial aid either from TWU? When I went for my tour last summer they had the listed date for the financial aid office to have all of your documents as January 15, but if we haven't heard about school, I'm not sure how we will meet that deadline. I am going to call tomorrow, but thought I would see if anyone else knew anything before calling!
Let us know what you find out! 🙂
futureot97
Full Member
I filled it out for 2020-2021Starting to fill out the FAFSA now just in case...did y'all choose "start 2019-2020 FAFSA"? It suggested to do that since it will be starting in the beginning of June, but I'm not sure.
Liz-E
Full Member
I think Dallas had about 98 people if my math is correct and assuming the cohort stays where they are that seems like good odds to me! I think it is about double what they accept...I am with you, it is my top school by far...Also, yay January!!How many did twu interview at each campus? About twice the amount of the cohort? I know being waitlisted means I still have a good chance of getting in, but I’d be devastated if I didn’t. It’s my top school.
futureot97
Full Member
Any updates for today?
FutureOT98:)
Full Member
I just got an acceptance email to TWU!
D
deleted1004485
I got waitlisted to TWU! Anyone else?
Does anyone know the chances of being admitted from the waitlist??
Does anyone know the chances of being admitted from the waitlist??
futureot97
Full Member
Me too! Which campus?I just got an acceptance email to TWU!
Bnfost
New Member
I got waitlisted to TWU! Anyone else?
Does anyone know the chances of being admitted from the waitlist??
I got waitlisted as well I’m not sure what the chances are.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1004485
Where does it show which waitlist you are on? Mine didn’t mention a campusJust got my email, I am on the waitlist for Dallas and Denton.
jennypennyOT
New Member
Got accepted to the Dallas campus! Congrats to everyone that got in. If you got waitlisted don't lose hope!!!
FutureOT98:)
Full Member
Denton!Me too! Which campus?
Just got my email, I am on the waitlist for Dallas and Denton.
How do they determine whether you are on one or two waitlist?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Liz-E
Full Member
From what I understand from my conversations with them, you can elect to be on the waitlist for your first choice or second choice campus or all of them I think? I may be misunderstood, but when we had our tour it sounded like how you mark your application is how they determine the campuses, but I also know you can call and ask to be on a different campus's waitlist. I could be completely wrong though!How do they determine whether you are on one or two waitlist?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
From what I understand from my conversations with them, you can elect to be on the waitlist for your first choice or second choice campus or all of them I think? I may be misunderstood, but when we had our tour it sounded like how you mark your application is how they determine the campuses, but I also know you can call and ask to be on a different campus's waitlist. I could be completely wrong though!
that’s good tho, you have double the chances!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
fairbookworm
Full Member
Got my acceptance to TWU Houston!
CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE! I'm waitlisted too. Here's to hoping! 

futureot97
Full Member
I got into dallas!
fairbookworm
Full Member
To those who are waitlisted, I think the chances are decently high to come off of it. I asked the same question to one of the students who was touring and she said many will decline the acceptance as other schools send out emails. Don’t lose hope!
fairbookworm
Full Member
I did as well!I got accepted into Houston!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Waitlisted for TWU as well. So bummed. But fingers crossed for us waitlisters. Congrats everyone!
D
deleted1004485
Waitlisted for TWU as well. So bummed. But fingers crossed for us waitlisters. Congrats everyone!
Hi I'm in the same boat, it's a bummer but looking at the forum for the incoming class last year people stated that acceptances from the waitlist were sent being sent daily as people were declining their spots. And since some schools haven't even interviewed yet or notified their applicants either, I think we can still have hope!!! Best of luck!
D
deleted1004485
Congrats to all who got in, everyone waitlisted don't lose hope!! We've made it this far! Just curious if TWU sends out denials as well?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Keelydawn11
Full Member
Do all applicants that do not get accepted to TWU have the waitlist option? Just curious how big the pool of wait listers could be.
djkittykatfutureot97
New Member
Congrats to everyone who got accepted!! I am also waitlisted for TWU Houston campus. I just accepted to be put on the list.
Do they send out declines or everyone is put on the waitlist?
Do they send out declines or everyone is put on the waitlist?
Got accepted to the Dallas campus! Congrats to everyone that got in. If you got waitlisted don't lose hope!!!
Did they say anything if it was going to start as a doctoral program?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
futureot97
Full Member
The email said they’re awaiting final approval still but it should be entry level OTDDid they say anything if it was going to start as a doctoral program?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
morigami92
New Member
Accepted to the Houston Campus! I can't wait to meet all of you who are joining me in June!
Also, yes, they told us that everyone who interviewed is on the waitlist by default and will continue to be there if they aren't accepted yet; one student told me that most of her friends came from the waitlist so don't give up you guys!
Also, yes, they told us that everyone who interviewed is on the waitlist by default and will continue to be there if they aren't accepted yet; one student told me that most of her friends came from the waitlist so don't give up you guys!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 321