MPH 2020: Applied, Accepted, Rejected, Waitlisted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone here not heard back from Berkeley SPH yet? It is the last MPH that I haven't heard back from yet and I am definitely getting worried now. Even Goldman School for the MPP gave me a decision and they usually are one of the last graduate programs to respond.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! It's my first time posting my question. I hope you guys can provide some insightful suggestions!
Right now, I'm considering between Tufts University and Emory University for pursuing my MPH epidemiology master's degree.

I'm an international student so I don't have much information about Boston and Atlanta.

Tufts:
-Great location
-Good reputation in the medical field
-More job opportunities
-More competitive
My concern for this school is that Tufts' public health program is not pretty well-known, but its medical school is decent. I'm not sure what it can provide for me, and maybe its reputation can help me find a job.

Emory:
-5th ranking in mph program
-more health-related network with CDC
-Less competitive compare to Boston

Above all, that's my humble opinion. Please tell me more about each school to help me decide a school.
By the way, I want to stay in the states after graduate.

I do not mention NYU, but if you have good feedback on this one. Please also tell me.

Thank you!

can anyone repost the google sheet with all of the 2020 results?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone!

I am an international student and have been accepted for the MPH program at Boston University (35% scholarship), UC San Diego, UC Davis, TAMU and DREXEL.

I am yet to make the final call and would love to get some insight on which university to choose!

Really confused between BU and UCD!

I'm still waiting to hear a decision from the HPM program at Berkeley...I even emailed last week and haven't heard back via email either.
Same here, still have to hear back from HPM. Emailed them earlier this week and they told me that results will come out in the next couple of weeks. Not really sure why they are making all of this into this huge mess.

Anyways I committed to Harvard earlier this evening. So sorry but not sorry for UC Berkeley if they’re this late.

Reactions: 3 users
Hello everyone!

I am an international student and have been accepted for the MPH program at Boston University (35% scholarship), UC San Diego, UC Davis, TAMU and DREXEL.

I am yet to make the final call and would love to get some insight on which university to choose!

First and foremost, congratulations! You have five wonderful schools to select from. While I have not made a decision myself, some factors to consider are, in no particular order:
1) The ability of the program to potentially meet your academic needs. For many people, this was taken care of in your SoP submitted to SOPHAS. However, I place an emphasis on "potentially" since you don't know what the program really does to you until you enter the doors.
2) In-state vs out-of-state tuition and public vs. private tuition (e.g. If your top choice is OOS, do the program benefits outweigh the OOS premium price tag?)
3) Scholarships/Work Study opportunities (can certainly help with addressing the question for #2)
4) Extracurricular/Research/Thesis/Practicum/Capstone/Job Opportunities
5) Location and $ (Are you willing to spend a couple of years here?)

Hope this helps! In addition, I recommend that you try to get as good of an idea about what it's like to be a student there. Definitely email faculty and students before you commit.

Does anyone know anything about USC? I know it’s not ranked incredibly high but I believe the medical school is fairly well known? Also, for anyone who has been admitted - have you heard about scholarships? Thanks :)

In at Berkeley!! Finally heard back a couple of hours ago. Received an email to check the portal.

Reactions: 4 users
I spoke to the financial aide office recently and they informed me that we will be offered aid in the form of subsidized loans, which will be released in the coming months. When I emailed the graduate advisor for more info, he told me he couldn't state specifics in terms of aid because of confidentiality reasons so we won't truly know how much is offered to us (other than the scholarship in the acceptance letter) until like May/June.
WOW just loans??? ughhhh im gonna see if they have TA/research positions b/c i cannot take out any more loans. Made that mistake during my undergrad :(

Has anyone had any luck applying to outside scholarships??
No luck. There is a lack of scholarships for specifically graduate students and/or public health and the applicant pool is just way too big for the scholarships that are open to all applicants. So many seem to be centered around the applicants' ability to write or draw/design as well (not my strength :rofl:). I won a scholarship during my undergrad that was local, so perhaps if you can find something restricted to residents of your state or county/city or specific background you have, it will drastically reduce the applicant pool.

People do win these scholarships so it's worth it to keep trying and hope something comes through :)

Hey guys! I am down to 3 schools for MHA. GWU, St Louis, & Pitt. Pitt gave me a $25k+ scholarship, GWU nothing, so I will have to get a GA job, & St. Louis told me they already have scholarships pending, but I will receive one if someone declines their offer. I have yet to visit SLU, but I have with the others. I did enjoy both, however I liked GWU a lot better. But it is a $50k increase in tuition from Pitt and SLU. They are all pretty close in ranking with a great networking. Do you guys know anything else about these schools to consider? And how to make the right decision? Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I decided to cancel my flights to NYC and Baltimore today. I mainly wanted to see the housing options up close, but I think it is important that we, as future leaders in public health, remain responsible during this health crisis by not serving as potential vectors for COVID-19.

If anyone has first or secondhand insight about Columbia's or JHU's program, please PM me as I would like to know more about these programs. Anywho, stay safe everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
Jan 31st (I applied by their early deadline, normally would have had to commit by 3/1 but got an extension on the decision date)
I'm still considering my options but TDI is one of them, maybe I'll see you in fall! I actually asked about the rankings during my interview and they made an interesting point that there are no clear metrics as to how [MPH] programs are ranked, noting Yale is a highly regarded public health program and not ranked in the top ten... if you're bored while quarantined these next two weeks I suggested reading into the USNews ranking system, kinda messed up honestly

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have any tips for how to choose an MPH program to attend? I'm having trouble choosing, and although I have not yet heard back from all my programs, I will be hearing back in the next couple of weeks and must decide by April 1st (to let my undergrad know if I will be doing a joint BA/MPH or an MPH at another institution). Eventually I will be applying to medical school, and at all these programs I plan to focus on biostatistics/epidemiology as much as possible (I know Dartmouth does not have specific concentrations).

Programs I have been accepted to thus far:
UC Davis
Case Western (my undergrad)

Programs I am waiting on:
Dartmouth
Northwestern
USC
Tufts

I've looked at what it would cost for me to go to each school, as well as their respective rankings, but none of this has given me a clear cut solution. Please let me know if you have heard anything about some of these programs (pros, cons, etc).

Couldn't make the virtual admitted student day for JHU. Was it really that bad?

SO disappointed that Berkeley decided to cancel their virtual visit day. I wonder if UNC will do the same for their April virtual visit. I’m really worried about how I’m supposed to make a decision without at least getting to virtually “visit” the schools

They’re going to post the recordings on the personal sites soon so you’ll be able to tune in! I wouldn’t say it was bad—personally, the program just didn’t give me a reason to put it above another choice.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else considering deferring for a year to save money? Pros and cons/ other advice?

Anyone else considering deferring for a year to save money? Pros and cons/ other advice?
Take my advice with a grain of salt. First, verify that the programs that you were admitted to have no means for students to fund tuition through work-study (e.g. TA). If they do, you may not need to defer and potentially lose out on a year.

But, let's say they don't and you're stuck between a rock and a hard place. As of right now, here's what I have.
Pros of deferring:
  1. Money saved/earned=less student loans=less financial debt
  2. Gives you more time, mentally and physically, to prepare for your next academic journey. Combined with #1, it is somewhat safe to say that you are starting graduate school "better off" than those coming straight from undergrad. A bit of financial stability and a year's worth of mental cleansing from education can certainly pay dividends in the long run.
Cons of deferring:
  1. A lost year. If you're attempting to enter the job market right away after committing to a school--unless you're already set up through solid networking--there's no guarantee that you will get hired. Unfortunately, this is the reality we live in. Many overqualified candidates across many disciplines fail to get hired. During the time you spent looking for a job, you could already be at least a month into your program.
  2. New inauspicious/urgent circumstances arise. Although infrequent in occurrence, this will put you in another bind and may persuade you to defer another year. At this point, I don't know if your spot at the university remains reserved, but let's hope this doesn't happen to you.
Hope this helps!

They’re going to post the recordings on the personal sites soon so you’ll be able to tune in! I wouldn’t say it was bad—personally, the program just didn’t give me a reason to put it above another choice.

For me, personally, the introduction to the JHU program and overall charisma from faculty seemed rather low for the purported #1 school of public health. I was hoping to get a sense of the intangibles JHU has and how they stand at the vanguard of issues like COVID-19. The overall vibe felt no different than the one I experienced when I did my 1-on-1 meeting with UCLA last week. Needless to say, however, I am basing this solely on the schools' introductory messages. The way each institution approaches education and prepares you for your future endeavors in public health and beyond may reveal differences that may or may not be reflected in the annual rankings. But then again, first impressions matter.

Hey guys! So at this point, I'm pretty sure I won't be considered for any other scholarships (my gpa was too low to qualify for merit-based scholarships and I've received minimal need-based scholarships) so I've pretty much accepted the fact that I'll have to take out a good chunk of loans. That being said, I've narrowed down my choice between UC Berkeley, Columbia, and Emory. My top choice is Columbia mainly due to its connections/close proximity to really great NGOs but Berkeley would be the cheapest since I'll get in-state tuition. Would you say it's worth it to take out more loans to go to a school like Columbia or Emory, or is it better to stay as debt-free as I can? I mean, Berkeley's program is really good as well, but I've lived in California my whole life and I'd love to go out of state if I could.

Also, my focus is on global nutrition and Berkeley and Emory both have a nutrition concentration while Columbia doesn't. Should that also be a big factor in choosing programs? I've heard that gaining hard skills is more important than taking classes relevant to my field of study, and I know that there's faculty at Columbia involved in the food systems program so I know there's opportunities there too - I just don't know how competitive they'll be.

Has anyone been accepted to the 42 credit UMICH MPH GE program?
I can't find much information on it

For me, personally, the introduction to the JHU program and overall charisma from faculty seemed rather low for the purported #1 school of public health. I was hoping to get a sense of the intangibles JHU has and how they stand at the vanguard of issues like COVID-19. The overall vibe felt no different than the one I experienced when I did my 1-on-1 meeting with UCLA last week. Needless to say, however, I am basing this solely on the schools' introductory messages. The way each institution approaches education and prepares you for your future endeavors in public health and beyond may reveal differences that may or may not be reflected in the annual rankings. But then again, first impressions matter.

One of the reasons JHU remains #1 is because of the amazing opportunities available to students, such as how they get 25% of all NIH grants given to public health schools (way more than any other school!) They can also focus more on public health than schools like Harvard and Columbia which try to be good at everything and, consequently, have less energy to devote toward making their public health schools better.

Hey guys! So at this point, I'm pretty sure I won't be considered for any other scholarships (my gpa was too low to qualify for merit-based scholarships and I've received minimal need-based scholarships) so I've pretty much accepted the fact that I'll have to take out a good chunk of loans. That being said, I've narrowed down my choice between UC Berkeley, Columbia, and Emory. My top choice is Columbia mainly due to its connections/close proximity to really great NGOs but Berkeley would be the cheapest since I'll get in-state tuition. Would you say it's worth it to take out more loans to go to a school like Columbia or Emory, or is it better to stay as debt-free as I can? I mean, Berkeley's program is really good as well, but I've lived in California my whole life and I'd love to go out of state if I could.

Also, my focus is on global nutrition and Berkeley and Emory both have a nutrition concentration while Columbia doesn't. Should that also be a big factor in choosing programs? I've heard that gaining hard skills is more important than taking classes relevant to my field of study, and I know that there's faculty at Columbia involved in the food systems program so I know there's opportunities there too - I just don't know how competitive they'll be.

Hi! I'm also interested in global nutrition and have all of these schools on my list. I personally will not be seriously considering Columbia because of their lack of nutrition education and professors working on nutrition research. I don't know what department you're in at Columbia, but I met in person with the head of the Population and Family department and she was really not able to give me any hope or promise of anything within nutrition and so that turned me off. I also have not found any alumni from the department working in anything relating to nutrition.
They did mention that they *may* be introducing a food policy certificate but they said there is no guarantee that it will be in place by this fall when we start our degree. If they could guarantee that certificate being available to me, I would more seriously consider them, but without that, I don't want to commit to a school where I would potentially have to forego my biggest interest. Plus, Columbia didn't offer me any aid so makes it that much harder to justify a school without any focus on what I want to do! To me, Berkeley and Emory are up to par education-wise to Columbia in their prestige and presence in their field, even if they're not ivy league, and it's more important to me to grow within nutrition than to have a fancy name on my degree. But think about what's most important to you! Not sure if this helps your decision process at all!

Last edited:
I was considering it as well. I'd calculate exactly how much money you'd be able to save up (if you already know where you'd be working in that year) and weigh the options given that extra money -- the extra money wasn't worth it for me personally. Also, I was kind of stressed about how I'm already entering the workforce and beginning to save for a house/retirement far later than my other peers and friends (especially since I'm planning on getting a PhD). I don't know what type of person you are but I'd consider if beginning to work (and save money that's not for tuition) sooner is important to you (there's nothing wrong with starting later at all, it's just something that stresses me out). Personally, I am just coming out of an undergrad major in a field that was completely wrong for me so I'm really impatient to get my life started in the right field. If you love your current job/field, maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing to stay for another year!

Hi everyone! It's my first time posting my question. I hope you guys can provide some insightful suggestions!
Right now, I'm considering between Tufts University and Emory University for pursuing my MPH epidemiology master's degree.

I'm an international student so I don't have much information about Boston and Atlanta.

Tufts:
-Great location
-Good reputation in the medical field
-More job opportunities
-More competitive
My concern for this school is that Tufts' public health program is not pretty well-known, but its medical school is decent. I'm not sure what it can provide for me, and maybe its reputation can help me find a job.

Emory:
-5th ranking in mph program
-more health-related network with CDC
-Less competitive compare to Boston

Above all, that's my humble opinion. Please tell me more about each school to help me decide a school.
By the way, I want to stay in the states after graduate.

I do not mention NYU, but if you have good feedback on this one. Please also tell me.

Thank you!

I personally turned down Tufts University MPH program for a few reasons, but the main reason was the fact that though Boston may provide a plethora of health related opportunities, you are competing with Harvard and BU students, which actually limits your chances. If you're interested in Epi, wouldn't Emory be a smarter choice considering its relation to the CDC, Georgia Department of Health, Carter Center, etc.? Not sure what you are referring to when you mention the competitive nature of each program but I think Rollins is far more recognizable within public health. I should also mention that Tufts University rarely provides funding for its MPH students--most of the funding goes towards their medical students. Just my two cents!

Hey guys! I am down to 3 schools for MHA. GWU, St Louis, & Pitt. Pitt gave me a $25k+ scholarship, GWU nothing, so I will have to get a GA job, & St. Louis told me they already have scholarships pending, but I will receive one if someone declines their offer. I have yet to visit SLU, but I have with the others. I did enjoy both, however I liked GWU a lot better. But it is a $50k increase in tuition from Pitt and SLU. They are all pretty close in ranking with a great networking. Do you guys know anything else about these schools to consider? And how to make the right decision? Thank you!!

I was initially set on Emory University MPH: Health Care Management but now I am leaning heavily towards GW MHA program. I had an opportunity to speak with Mr. Bonar, program director, a few days ago and he honestly sold me on the program. If you want to learn more about my conversation with him feel free to DM me!

Thank you for your advice.
-concerning finances I’ve been offered a 35% scholarship from BU. Therefore both the colleges have almost the same tuition as I am an international student.
- BU MPH in epidemiology and biostatistics can be completed in 1.5-2 years while UC Davis MPH can be taken as an accelerated course or a full 2 year.
I do have a couple of more questions though:
- does the college ranking matter in terms of job opportunities?
- any idea in terms of which college offers more TA positions
- should a competitive college be chosen over a moderately competitive one or not?

So after following up with Columbia finaid I was told that since my FAFSA was uploaded last Tuesday I should know by this week. So if anyone's waiting on FinAid they could try asking about their FAFSA upload time as well :)

Surprisingly admitted to GW MHA from GW MPH Health Policy. It's a conditional offer as I have not taken an introductory accounting course, but if I complete that before matriculating I will now be set for the residential MHA program at GW. With that said, anyone have recommendations for an online introductory accounting course? Looking for something not insanely difficult and time consuming. Should I look at local CCs?

So I just followed up with GW about switching from MCH to Health Policy before classes start, and was told that they'd have to rescind my admission offer and then reevaluate me for Health Policy. Did you have to do this to switch from Health Policy (MPH) to MHA? I'm not too concerned that they'd reject me but I wouldn't want to lose my merit aid that i got because i submitted before the priority deadline (measly though it may be)

can someone link me to the GWU admitted students FB page (if there is one)? Thank you!!

Does anyone know if there is a Harvard MPH admitted students facebook group for the 2021 class?

Did anybody appeal for more financial aid from Columbia? Is there a specific form I have to fill out or person I have to contact? Or do I just email the financial aid office?

Did anybody appeal for more financial aid from Columbia? Is there a specific form I have to fill out or person I have to contact? Or do I just email the financial aid office?
I called the office last week and they told me to appeal my financial aid. They said that there will be a link within the next week sent out via email...

-concerning finances I’ve been offered a 35% scholarship from BU. Therefore both the colleges have almost the same tuition as I am an international student.
- BU MPH in epidemiology and biostatistics can be completed in 1.5-2 years while UC Davis MPH can be taken as an accelerated course or a full 2 year.
- should a competitive college be chosen over a moderately competitive one or not?
Glad to be of assistance! I see that you're in a tough spot. I actually have a quick question for you since you mentioned that the programs' durations vary. In your acceptance letter, did both universities tell you which program you were admitted to, and therefore locks you into a particular time frame? For example, I was accepted into the MPH program at JHU, which is 11 months long. I hope this makes sense. There's probably a more eloquent way to phrase this lol.

Regarding your questions, people are ambivalent about rankings. Some say it's a huge factor for employers because they can see which school you went to right away on your CV/resume. Others say employers aren't that superficial and do not weigh rankings that much. This point happens to tie in with your third question. My opinion is that if you know you can succeed in an elite program, you can't lose later on. As for the availability of TA positions, that is a question that you need to ask the Dean of Admissions or MPH students currently attending those universities. I imagine that there is a large flux in TA positions at every institution and you will not know exactly how many available spots there are.

Hope this helps!

To those who find this relevant: UC Berkeley, which is located in Alameda County in CA, is essentially closed. Alameda County, along with five other Bay Area counties, were directed to "shelter in place" to reduce the probability of transmitting COVID-19 communally.

As someone who works at the university, the best way to get in touch with anyone there is through email. In the meantime, try to connect with current students or alumni from your program through social media (e.g. LinkedIn) or email.

Also, good luck to those who are appealing financial aid. I am still waiting to obtain financial aid packages from three schools lol

Reactions: 2 users

I think there are different cohorts of students looking for different things from the MPH which is a pretty generalist degree, and relatively noncompetitive even at the top programs:

1. Add-On Degrees. People who are doctors or nurses who decide for personal or professional reasons to get the MPH to help them analyze their research or to develop their career. I think that these people will get the MPH degree that is closest to them geographically, and so they'll pick programs that have a local reputation, which really could be any program.

2. Dreamers. People who have definite plans/work experience, but also a solid academic background and big goals and are aware of the reputation of public health schools beyond US News rankings (which don't jive with reality) will go to the top schools like JHU, Harvard, Tulane, Emory, UNC but also will look at schools that are carving out a niche like Brown, Berkeley, and many others. . .

3. Specialty wonks. People who have a very specific interest and search out schools that specialize in said interest, often a quantitative interest and so they might go to Yale or JHU or Michigan.

4. Cattle call. Applicants straight out of college, not sure what they want to do, get caught in a school's advertising and have a superficial knowledge of schools, pick schools based on random factors, schools like BU.

5. Socially/globally conscious work. Schools like Tulane, Emory, and others attract students who want their career path in public health to serve a more tangible public good versus just working in a pharma. These students look for scholarships and reasonably priced public health schools in areas where there is low cost of living.

Although people get caught up in rankings, and trying to find a reputable school, if even top places like Harvard admit a good percentage, and if many places offer a lot of tuition discounts, then basically they know that the job market is not good for the mph graduate, students have a lot of options, and employers might be more concerned with what a student learned in terms of specific hard skills versus just where they went for school. Boston is a very expensive place to live, and BU doesn't have quite the same quantitative program like Yale, JHU or others. Also, the southern california area is the new biotech hub of the nation, not Boston anymore, and BU is crowded out by not just schools in Boston, but also Brown which is nearby in Providence. BU is a really bad place to go if you are interested in global health work . . .

Last edited:
  • Wow
Hello everyone!

Hi PSS_22,

Can I ask when you heard from BU? I've been wondering if they're actively still reviewing apps given the COVID19 situation or if things are on hold..the latest date I see is a 3/6 admission.

Anyone else heard since 3/6? Thanks!

I think there are different cohorts of students looking for different things from the MPH which is a pretty generalist degree, and relatively noncompetitive even at the top programs:

1. Add-On Degrees. People who are doctors or nurses who decide for personal or professional reasons to get the MPH to help them analyze their research or to develop their career. I think that these people will get the MPH degree that is closest to them geographically, and so they'll pick programs that have a local reputation, which really could be any program.

2. Dreamers. People who have definite plans/work experience, but also a solid academic background and big goals and are aware of the reputation of public health schools beyond US News rankings (which don't jive with reality) will go to the top schools like JHU, Harvard, Tulane, Emory, UNC but also will look at schools that are carving out a niche like Brown, Berkeley, and many others. . .

3. Specialty wonks. People who have a very specific interest and search out schools that specialize in said interest, often a quantitative interest and so they might go to Yale or JHU or Michigan.

4. Cattle call. Applicants straight out of college, not sure what they want to do, get caught in a school's advertising and have a superficial knowledge of schools, pick schools based on random factors, schools like BU.

5. Socially/globally conscious work. Schools like Tulane, Emory, and others attract students who want their career path in public health to serve a more tangible public good versus just working in a pharma. These students look for scholarships and reasonably priced public health schools in areas where there is low cost of living.

Although people get caught up in rankings, and trying to find a reputable school, if even top places like Harvard admit a good percentage, and if many places offer a lot of tuition discounts, then basically they know that the job market is not good for the mph graduate, students have a lot of options, and employers might be more concerned with what a student learned in terms of specific hard skills versus just where they went for school. Boston is a very expensive place to live, and BU doesn't have quite the same quantitative program like Yale, JHU or others. Also, the southern california area is the new biotech hub of the nation, not Boston anymore, and BU is crowded out by not just schools in Boston, but also Brown which is nearby in Providence. BU is a really bad place to go if you are interested in global health work . . .
That is some great piece of advice and insight regarding the program.
So given the option between BU, UC Davis, TAMU and Drexel, which would be a better college to choose- in terms of college, living and job opporutnities for an international student.
- Would a course with more credits give me a better exposure to the field?
BU (48 credit) UC Davis (56 credit)

Glad to be of assistance! I see that you're in a tough spot. I actually have a quick question for you since you mentioned that the programs' durations vary. In your acceptance letter, did both universities tell you which program you were admitted to, and therefore locks you into a particular time frame? For example, I was accepted into the MPH program at JHU, which is 11 months long. I hope this makes sense. There's probably a more eloquent way to phrase this lol.

Regarding your questions, people are ambivalent about rankings. Some say it's a huge factor for employers because they can see which school you went to right away on your CV/resume. Others say employers aren't that superficial and do not weigh rankings that much. This point happens to tie in with your third question. My opinion is that if you know you can succeed in an elite program, you can't lose later on. As for the availability of TA positions, that is a question that you need to ask the Dean of Admissions or MPH students currently attending those universities. I imagine that there is a large flux in TA positions at every institution and you will not know exactly how many available spots there are.

Hope this helps!
No both the universities have only mentioned that I'm accepted as a full-time student for the MPH in Epidemiology program, there arent any locks in terms of time frame.
- Both the colleges require different credits to complete the degree. Should that be taken into consideration?

When does Hopkins start (and stop!) telling MPH candidates they got money from the school?

When does Hopkins start (and stop!) telling MPH candidates they got money from the school?
Sorry this isn't MPH but for the MHS I just got off a call and they're done with awarding funding for that program. There are only a few small stipends (** aside from the Master's tuition scholarship!) available to MHS students and they already awarded them. Makes it incredibly difficult for me because JHU is by far my top choice and I just need a little more from them to make it work but they aren't going to be able to help me out any more :/

Has anyone who applied to the Certificate in Maternal and Child Health at Emory heard if they've been accepted to it? I thought they'd be releasing those decisions in March. Would be nice to know ahead of making my decision!

Has anyone who applied to the Certificate in Maternal and Child Health at Emory heard if they've been accepted to it? I thought they'd be releasing those decisions in March. Would be nice to know ahead of making my decision!
Nope haven’t heard anything yet. On the webinar they said we wouldn’t hear until late March and they didn’t want to give an exact date but I’m sure we’ll hear by the end of the month

So I just followed up with GW about switching from MCH to Health Policy before classes start, and was told that they'd have to rescind my admission offer and then reevaluate me for Health Policy. Did you have to do this to switch from Health Policy (MPH) to MHA? I'm not too concerned that they'd reject me but I wouldn't want to lose my merit aid that i got because i submitted before the priority deadline (measly though it may be)

I was first verbally admitted into the MHA program and then the admissions director asked me to commit via. Email so that she could rescind my Health Policy offer. I was a bit worried about losing my merit as well but the office of financial aid informed me that it would still apply to the MHA program so I went ahead and had a new offer letter issued.