You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
MPH / MSPH 2021: Applied, Accepted, Waitlisted, Rejected, Attending
Started by futureapppsy2
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Brown group me: GroupMeIs there a Brown group chat? Would love to chat with other people considering the program
PrePtDreamsRVA
Full Member
I paid my deposit at BU epidemiology and got a confirmation email, there is nothing left to do, correct?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you just email him and request the deposit fee be waived?Actually, this was for Hopkins
For any JHU folks, Paul Whong had offered this option during a Q&A on Admitted Day, so I just emailed him with my request
mackeral
Full Member
I wasn't waitlisted, but I was denied/rerouted by my first choice (and oddly third choice) concentration before finally being accepted to my second. Apps are forwarded to the next choice and reviewed by default, so no need to email to start the process if thats the case. It does suck it's so close to the deadline- for that reason alone, maybe shooting a quick email about when you can expect a decision is appropriateJust got waitlisted by Emory today, and my app has been forwarded to my second choice of concentration. Anyone's been waitlisted this year? Should I send them an email or just wait? 🙁...
crossing fingers for you! 💙
Yeah, I first prefaced the request by briefly explaining my financial situation and how the waiver would help!Did you just email him and request the deposit fee be waived?
Edit: Also worried I don't get him in trouble because I kinda feel he wasn't supposed to announce the waiver option to us... I remember him mentioning he's going to regret saying this on webinar 😅 . I think he felt badly about crushing our scholarship dreams and wanted to recognize our financial burden.
Last edited:
Thank you so much for the info and your kind words! I will shoot an email tomorrow to ask about the timeline, and hopefully, I will still get into my dream school🙂I wasn't waitlisted, but I was denied/rerouted by my first choice (and oddly third choice) concentration before finally being accepted to my second. Apps are forwarded to the next choice and reviewed by default, so no need to email to start the process if thats the case. It does suck it's so close to the deadline- for that reason alone, maybe shooting a quick email about when you can expect a decision is appropriate
crossing fingers for you! 💙
natalieminaa
Full Member
i sent an appeal for more aid at emory but still haven’t heard back yet. as anyone been successful with this? I know i’m going but i don’t want to officially accept until i hear back because i want to use my decision as leverage but at this point i’m not sure if that doesn’t matter
I just heard back this morning and did not receive any extra aid. Was hoping for something as my original offer was only loans but I officially declined Emory today as well.i sent an appeal for more aid at emory but still haven’t heard back yet. as anyone been successful with this? I know i’m going but i don’t want to officially accept until i hear back because i want to use my decision as leverage but at this point i’m not sure if that doesn’t matter
edit: from the rollins groupme it seems that a lot of people were not successful in appealing either.
Last edited:
D
deleted1089710
I amIs anyone still waiting to hear about financial aid? I haven't heard from Vanderbilt yet
coastadorable
Full Member
Is it common to receive more scholarship/aid (not loans) after April 15th deadline? Or maybe in the summer? I am specifically asking for Columbia and Emory (or if anyone knows of students in the past that can testify on that). I have heard through the groupme(s) that schools will specifically hold until after offers are accepted to distribute $$ but I am wanting to get more feedback about this.
Hi All! Sending good vibes to those still deciding on schools and congratulations to those who know where they'll be going!
MPH 2020 and 2021 Compiled Results
Glean what others think about the programs, or add your own thoughts here:
Public Health Programs - Thoughts
If you want to help out future public health applicants, here's the link to add your stats: MPH 2020 and 2021 Compiled Results
Glean what others think about the programs, or add your own thoughts here:
Public Health Programs - Thoughts
shawarmasharma
Full Member
hi everyone, congrats on everyone's acceptances!! I got waitlisted at sdsu this morning, which is really weird (thought I would get denied)
ALSO does anyone have experience writing emails asking for graduate teaching assistantships or something, I am writing one right now and I have no idea whether I am remotely on the right track.. pls any advice is loved <3
thank you
ALSO does anyone have experience writing emails asking for graduate teaching assistantships or something, I am writing one right now and I have no idea whether I am remotely on the right track.. pls any advice is loved <3
thank you
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If we are waitlisted I don’t get why they can’t just inform us of that... it’s clear we’re on some internal waitlist but leaving us in the dark about that 2 days before commitment day is so dirty 😭remember when ucla said they'd let us know by monday...and then didn't... ah-ha-ha
![]()
OnePotatoTwoBobs
Full Member
What an awesome resource you put together for the future students!Hi All! Sending good vibes to those still deciding on schools and congratulations to those who know where they'll be going!
If you want to help out future public health applicants, here's the link to add your stats:
MPH 2020 and 2021 Compiled Results
Glean what others think about the programs, or add your own thoughts here:
Public Health Programs - Thoughts
Officially accepted a seat at Harvard and have declined all other schools. I'm hopeful those scholarships and offers fall into waiting hands here.
Wishing everyone all the best with their Public Health pursuits! Grateful for all the passionate applicants on this forum. Be well.
Wishing everyone all the best with their Public Health pursuits! Grateful for all the passionate applicants on this forum. Be well.
Oh no, I take zero credit for putting this together! These resources were something I saw shared a few times in this thread.What an awesome resource you put together for the future students!
D
deleted1093306
Is anyone else (whether you've committed to a program or not) feeling last minute jitters? Cold feet? Freaking out? Cause whew
OnePotatoTwoBobs
Full Member
Oh! I haven't kept up with the new updates on here recently. Thanks for posting anyway so I got to see it. 😀Oh no, I take zero credit for putting this together! These resources were something I saw shared a few times in this thread.
I emailed them again, and they said we'll receive them today. Meanwhile, uci has emailed me like 8 times in the last 3 days alone to get me to commit. why is ucla like thisssssIf we are waitlisted I don’t get why they can’t just inform us of that... it’s clear we’re on some internal waitlist but leaving us in the dark about that 2 days before commitment day is so dirty 😭
Yes!! Super worried that I'll make the wrong decision of where to go. I sometimes even worry that I'm making the wrong decision to get an MPH.Is anyone else (whether you've committed to a program or not) feeling last minute jitters? Cold feet? Freaking out? Cause whew
I also got a May 1st extension at my top two programs while waiting to see if I get off of Columbia's waitlist... but between the schools I've already been accepted to, I don't think I would have been able to decide in two days lolThankfully some programs let me extend the commitment date until May 1st which gives me some more room to decide... anyone else in this position too?
hopehaswings
Full Member
Same here. I feel like if I wait any longer, I may lose my spot somewhere 😬Thankfully some programs let me extend the commitment date until May 1st which gives me some more room to decide... anyone else in this position too?
helicopter30
Full Member
I committed to Brown today! I will be eternally grateful for all of the support and help that this forum has gifted me. You all are an amazing group, and I am beyond excited to work with you all in the future!!!
ColdSore200
Full Member
Just asked NYU for an extension until May 1 so I can wait for Columbia (didn’t mention that lol). NYU’s deposit is hefty and would prefer not to swallow that if Columbia miraculously accepts me from the waitlist.
mph_applicant43796
Full Member
CONGRATS!!! That wait was crazy, can't imagine having the patience to hear back this late lol.IN AT UCLA EPI MY DREAM SCHOOL!! Im ecstatic
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Omg... my appeal for fin aid at Columbia was reviewed and I got a 50% scholarship!! 😵 i cant even process this right now. I am just so grateful and feel a huge burden lifted from my back. Sending nothing but positive vibes to everyone still waiting on aid, hang in there!!
bagofhammers
Full Member
Good to see other people getting Columbia aid! If only housing was cheaper. 🤣Omg... my appeal for fin aid at Columbia was reviewed and I got a 50% scholarship!! 😵 i cant even process this right now. I am just so grateful and feel a huge burden lifted from my back. Sending nothing but positive vibes to everyone still waiting on aid, hang in there!!
Edit 4/14/2021: Heard back from UM's HMP - will be interviewing with Faculty.
Hi all,
I submitted a late application to UCLA (3/08/2021) and University of Michigan (3/28/2021) for MHA/MPH in Health Management. UCLA emailed me on 4/9/2021 letting me know I was waitlisted and that they'd let me know by 4/20/2021 at the latest. Still waiting for UM.
Good luck everyone 🙂
Hi all,
I submitted a late application to UCLA (3/08/2021) and University of Michigan (3/28/2021) for MHA/MPH in Health Management. UCLA emailed me on 4/9/2021 letting me know I was waitlisted and that they'd let me know by 4/20/2021 at the latest. Still waiting for UM.
Good luck everyone 🙂
Last edited:
wow 😯 congrats!!Omg... my appeal for fin aid at Columbia was reviewed and I got a 50% scholarship!! 😵 i cant even process this right now. I am just so grateful and feel a huge burden lifted from my back. Sending nothing but positive vibes to everyone still waiting on aid, hang in there!!
If only! 😭Good to see other people getting Columbia aid! If only housing was cheaper. 🤣
thank you!! 😄wow 😯 congrats!!
Hello everyone. Top on my list so far is JHU MPH. Want to focus on epidemiology. I plan to find employment in nyc upon graduation. Is the JHU network strong in nyc? NYU MPH Epi is second on my list but I thought if I want to shell out big money might as well go for #1 in public health. What do you think? Would appreciate any input! Thanks!
Just declined my offer to Columbia (SMS) and GWU (Health Promo) and accepted the University of Minnesota 
See you guys out in the public health world!
See you guys out in the public health world!
lil.beanieee
Full Member
just committed to Brown!! I'm still waiting it out for Columbia, but I feel better knowing I made the best decision I could with the info I had 🙂
ColdSore200
Full Member
NYU just back to me. They have extended my deadline to accept/decline my offer until May 1. Now I can wait for Columbia, hopefully we hear from them by the end of the month like they said!
mph_applicant43796
Full Member
Nice!! Congrats future classmate!! Was it one of the institutional scholarships? I was wondering if anyone got those!i officially paid my deposit for Emory! it was truly the only school i wanted to attend but i was scared to commit and i was kind of bummed that i didnt get REAL. but i received a $20k scholarship from them today which made my decision a lot easier lol
CONGRATS!!!! If you don't mind, when did you submit your appeal?Omg... my appeal for fin aid at Columbia was reviewed and I got a 50% scholarship!! 😵 i cant even process this right now. I am just so grateful and feel a huge burden lifted from my back. Sending nothing but positive vibes to everyone still waiting on aid, hang in there!!
Thank you!! 🙂 And i submitted my appeal email on 3/30CONGRATS!!!! If you don't mind, when did you submit your appeal?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nunuuuxoxo
Full Member
For people who weren’t awarded any financial aid. What are your other options?
For people who weren’t awarded any financial aid. What are your other options?
Check with @mackeral if the whole estranged relative thingy worked out. I am pretty sure he/she would have found one, had it not been for social distancing.
Too bad, a lot of people did not come out of the woodwork because of it!!! 😎 🤣
Last edited:
View attachment 334807
Check with @mackeral if the whole estranged relative thingy worked out. I am pretty sure he/she would have found one, had it not been for social distancing. too bad, a lot of people did not come out of the woodwork because of it!!! 😎 🤣
Low key hoping some super wealthy benefactor feels compelled by the good work done by public health professionals during the pandemic and decides to pay for our graduate education
i’m literally praying that biden extends covid relief so my loans wont make interestFor people who weren’t awarded any financial aid. What are your other options?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 103
- Views
- 37K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 7K