MPH / MSPH 2021: Applied, Accepted, Waitlisted, Rejected, Attending

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In at Columbia SMS!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
What time did y'all hear back from Columbia? I'm wondering if it was a mass notification at once or we might hear back throughout the day. Applied for PopFam

Reactions: 4 users
Waiting for EH at Columbia. Hopefully this week. Applied a few days after Dec1st.

However, IN AT BOSTON!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 26 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Me too and I applied on 11/17! I didn't even receive a completion email until I emailed them asking if they received everything. They seem very behind this year. Last year people started receiving decisions 1/21.
Which contact email did you use to ask if your application was complete? I never received a confirmation email from them after submitting the supplemental. :/

Which contact email did you use to ask if your application was complete? I never received a confirmation email from them after submitting the supplemental. :/
I emailed [email protected]! They didn't respond but they sent the completion email 2 days later

Reactions: 1 user
last night actually. I was shocked so I went to bed and thought it was a dream lol. Then today I checked again and it was real.

😅

Hey, congrats.

Very happy for you. You will continue to hear more good news. Then the biggest headache of your life will become: How do I choose which one to attend?

How does it feel to be wanted by the schools?

😅

😅

Hey, congrats.

Very happy for you. You will continue to hear more good news. Then the biggest headache of your life will become: How do I choose which one to attend?

How does it feel to be wanted by the schools?

😅
Great great. I was sooooo nervous beforehand. Thank you for your kind words.

Anyone know if columbia rolls your application to another department if you don't get in your first choice? applied to pop fam but also feel like I could have applied to SMS, and love both departments. Haven't heard back yet and applied 12/1....Should I say something?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how friendly/negotiable Columbia's financial aid is? Really really interested in Columbia but the thought of finances in the middle of this pandemic .... yikes

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know if columbia rolls your application to another department if you don't get in your first choice? applied to pop fam but also feel like I could have applied to SMS, and love both departments. Haven't heard back yet and applied 12/1....Should I say something?

I think on occasions, if adcoms think a different concentration fits you better, they will forward your app to that department. This happened to someone here at Harvard SPH. Harvard forwarded the person's app to a different department. In Sophas, the transaction was noted as "Manual".

Does anyone know how friendly/negotiable Columbia's financial aid is? Really really interested in Columbia but the thought of finances in the middle of this pandemic .... yikes
I've seen many appeals, sometimes very successful! I've also seen someone say they sent out an appeal application around March.

Reactions: 1 users
curious too bc i coulda done HPM

I think on occasions, if adcoms think a different concentration fits you better, they will forward your app to that department. This happened to someone here at Harvard SPH. Harvard forwarded the person's app to a different department. In Sophas, the transaction was noted as "Manual".
that was me! i’m still confused about how i’m getting a decision not sure if columbia has ever done it

Just checked SOPHAS and noticed a new app submitted under one of my schools to a concentration I indicated as my second choice. It was marked as "manual." Does this mean I was rejected from the other concentration? It was my top choice :cryi:

Just checked SOPHAS and noticed a new app submitted under one of my schools to a concentration I indicated as my second choice. It was marked as "manual." Does this mean I was rejected from the other concentration? It was my top choice :cryi:
which school? It doesnt hurt to email and ask i'm in a similar situation and am confused

congrats to everyone on their acceptances!! is anyone else still waiting on columbia/epi?

Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted into popfam at Columbia on 1/21!
congratulations!! that's awesome. it seems like you and like 1 or 2 other people in this thread have received their decisions from popfam so maybe there's still hope that they'll post acceptances for others soon?

Congratulations to everyone on your acceptance! I am in the process of making my decision. Any insights into Harvard MPH vs JHSPH MPH would be great!

Applied: Harvard MPH-Epi, JHSPH MPH, JHSPH MAS (01/06)
Accepted: Harvard MPH-Epi (01/21), JHSPH MPH (12/29)

Reactions: 6 users
Waiting for EH at Columbia. Hopefully this week. Applied a few days after Dec1st.

Congrats! if you don't mind, can you please share when applied and received a confirmation email (that your application is in review) from them? I sent in my application in Oct and supplemental application before Nov 4th but still did not receive an email saying that my application is under review. I am getting worried!

Congratulations to everyone on your acceptance! I am in the process of making my decision. Any insights into Harvard MPH vs JHSPH MPH would be great!

Congrats!!!:D

Wait Harvard is already sending acceptances?! This is super atypical....they typically send out acceptance Feb-March???

Congrats!!!:D

Wait Harvard is already sending acceptances?! This is super atypical....they typically send out acceptance Feb-March???
Thanks! This is for the online/on-campus MPH-Epi program. You are right in that they will be sending acceptances for the other concentrations in mid Feb.

When did you receive your acceptance to BU? I was under the impression that no acceptances have come out yet !!

Reactions: 2 users
someone interpret:

I asked if the fact that Harvard sent my app to another dept meant I was rejected from the Health Management MPH and they said this:

"This means that the Health Management program sent your application to the SM in Global Health and Population program for review."

I guess yes?

Congratulations!! What was ur turnaround time fir JHSPH MPH?

Congratulations!! What was your turnaround time for JHSPH MPH? Thanks!

someone interpret:

I asked if the fact that Harvard sent my app to another dept meant I was rejected from the Health Management MPH and they said this:

"This means that the Health Management program sent your application to the SM in Global Health and Population program for review."

I guess yes?
From what I’ve heard from Harvard when I did an admission session, most (if not all) MPH programs require 2 years of post-bacc work experience, and they recommended applying to SM in Global Health Instead which doesn’t require the 2 year experience— Someone correct me if They’ve heard anything else!

From what I’ve heard from Harvard when I did an admission session, most (if not all) MPH programs require 2 years of post-bacc work experience, and they recommended applying to SM in Global Health Instead which doesn’t require the 2 year experience— Someone correct me if They’ve heard anything else!
no this sounds right. I don't know why I applied lol for some reason my brain told me to apply so it seems like they put me in the MS in Global Health and Pop review pile.

Congrats to everyone getting accepted in the schools of their dreams!! Im happy for you all!

Reactions: 16 users
Did anyone who applied for the MCH Certificate at Emory get a confirmation email that the application was received?
Hi! I did actually, a couple weeks after I submitted my application (12/18). I got this email on 1/4, next day I got another email saying they received my application and on 1/8 I got an email saying it’s routed for review. I applied for BSHES and I didn’t even realized I expressed interest in the MCH certificate. I attached the email. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• D729D307-ECC0-4678-A83A-489D39817737.png
    D729D307-ECC0-4678-A83A-489D39817737.png
    292.6 KB · Views: 78
Hi! I did actually, a couple weeks after I submitted my application (12/18). I got this email on 1/4, next day I got another email saying they received my application and on 1/8 I got an email saying it’s routed for review. I applied for BSHES and I didn’t even realized I expressed interest in the MCH certificate. I attached the email. Hope this helps!
I think this is the email for the MCH application that everyone who indicated MCH certificate on their application receives. Did you submit the MCH application? Did you receive anything after you submitted the application?

I think this is the email for the MCH application that everyone who indicated MCH certificate on their application receives. Did you submit the MCH application? Did you receive anything after you submitted the application?
Ohhhh I see now, my bad 🤦🏽‍♀️ I did not submit an application for the MCH certificate, sorry for the confusion!!

P
Ohhhh I see now, my bad 🤦🏽‍♀️ I did not submit an application for the MCH certificate, sorry for the confusion!!
Oh you're fine! It's definitely confusing to keep track of everything with all the emails we receive from different schools. I started getting a little nervous after I read your message because I didn't receive a confirmation, so I thought I did something wrong haha.

When.it comes to choosing to do a certificate in Global Health for example is that something we’d indicate in the beginning of the program if on SOPHAS you weren't able to apply for both a mph and certificate? This is specific to UMN. Also anyone who got into UMN hear about scholarships yet?

Has anyone heard back from BU Epi? Getting antsy because Columbia is so expensive and they're the only ones I've heard back from ...

Has anyone heard back from BU Epi? Getting antsy because Columbia is so expensive and they're the only ones I've heard back from ...
no but I am also antsy to hear from them. Applied back in October and got the confirmation last week (?) only after I had emailed them to confirm they received everything.

no but I am also antsy to hear from them. Applied back in October and got the confirmation last week (?) only after I had emailed them to confirm they received everything.
Interesting ... I applied 12/1 and routed for review 1/20

It feels a bit chaotic to me since 5-6 weeks would be like March....