This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jhnnyboy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was hoping to get your opinion on my chances at being accepted into an MSTP program because I really want to be a physician scientist and spend my time mostly on research.

I currently have all GPA of 3.7 with my science GPA being 3.6. I have spent roughly 2 years in research and am working on a paper that will be submitted for publication in the spring as a co-author. After this spring, I start a masters program to conduct my own research.

My medical experiences include: EMT work, shadowing, volunteer at a concussion clinic.

The problem is that I scored a 502 on my MCAT - 124 CARS, 125 CP, 127 BB, 126 PS.

What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I was hoping to get your opinion on my chances at being accepted into an MSTP program because I really want to be a physician scientist and spend my time mostly on research.

I currently have all GPA of 3.7 with my science GPA being 3.6. I have spent roughly 2 years in research and am working on a paper that will be submitted for publication in the spring as a co-author. After this spring, I start a masters program to conduct my own research.

My medical experiences include: EMT work, shadowing, volunteer at a concussion clinic.

The problem is that I scored a 502 on my MCAT - 124 CARS, 125 CP, 127 BB, 126 PS.

What do you guys think?
Parameters for successful MSTP Applicants can be found here: https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/what-are-my-chances-read-before-asking.539268/

Reactions: 1 user
MSTP with a 60th percentile MCAT would take a small miracle.

Did you study for a couple months to prepare for the exam? Took practice tests and also scored about 502 on those?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

What do you guys think?

Why not pursue simply a PhD? As it stands, your MCAT score is too low to qualify for any MD/PhD program, much less an MSTP. It's also too low for US MD (which is around a 510).

Hey guys,

What do you guys think?
Re-take MCAT

Reactions: 1 users
hi there

thank you for asking what I think

I think you should read stickies before posting in a forum

but you didn't so now I have to move this to the WAMC forum