This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MambaTime

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am fortunate enough to be accepted to these three schools,

All three of them are great in their own aspect.

If you had the choice between the three which one would you choose and why?

For me personally i am gearing towards UK because of the smaller class size and the technological advances it has inputed into its curriculum, also it is closer to home then AZ. I can drive home every weekend if i choose to.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am fortunate enough to be accepted to these three schools,

All three of them are great in their own aspect.

If you had the choice between the three which one would you choose and why?

For me personally i am gearing towards UK because of the smaller class size and the technological advances it has inputed into its curriculum, also it is closer to home then AZ. I can drive home every weekend if i choose to.

Cost?

UK- roughly about 360k (After Interest) , with living expenses paid.
UL- roughly about 360k (After Interest) , with living expenses paid.
MWU-AZ- roughly about 460k (After Interest), With living expenses paid.

I had the opportunity to apply to my in-state school, but happened to miss the deadline of Oct. 15th. This currently is my GAP YEAR, so i really don't want to wait another year to apply to my instate-school, which would put me back 2 years in total but my instate school would have been 230k (After interest) and living expenses paid. Really in a rough situation.

If anybody thinks i am off on the numbers, let me know!

Members don't see this ad :)
I really liked the area Of UK. I personally prefer the college campus feel. However UL just had much better facilities and just overall seemed more advanced than UK.

I really liked the area Of UK. I personally prefer the college campus feel. However UL just had much better facilities and just overall seemed more advanced than UK.

Yes, I honestly thought UK overall had a better feel to it. UK I thought would be more technological advanced than UL.

Yes, I honestly thought UK overall had a better feel to it. UK I thought would be more technological advanced than UL.
UofL! They have more updated facilities and they also have digital dentistry like UK. Also, UOfL has Louisville.

Still looking for more info, i have narrowed it down to UL and UK.

I will be declining my offer at MWU-AZ, great school and great curriculum with a very nice focus on becoming a general dentist. But the price factor really hurt. If it was cheaper i would have def. picked this school.

Not completely relevant, but are you a KY resident? I'm curious how you calculated MWU-AZ to be $460k, I've been accepted at MWU-IL and have an interview coming up at UL so I've also been comparing the costs of both of those schools and for me, because I'm OOS at both, both of them cost around $400k. So my point is, if you aren't instate at UL I don't think the cost difference would be that high

Not completely relevant, but are you a KY resident? I'm curious how you calculated MWU-AZ to be $460k, I've been accepted at MWU-IL and have an interview coming up at UL so I've also been comparing the costs of both of those schools and for me, because I'm OOS at both, both of them cost around $400k. So my point is, if you aren't instate at UL I don't think the cost difference would be that high

Idk about MWU but UofL tutition for OOS is 67k but then you gotta add instrument fee and living expenses. It's considerably cheaper than other OOS schools

Idk about MWU but UofL tutition for OOS is 67k but then you gotta add instrument fee and living expenses. It's considerably cheaper than other OOS schools
See that's what I don't get lol 67k is still a lot, MWU-IL is 76k per year and I don't feel that UL would be significantly cheaper? Especially considering if a person were to be OOS and was to travel a lot between Lousiville and their home state, the $ could add up.

My point is that OP doesn't need to discredit MWU completely simply based on price, I've also heard that AZ cost of living is not that high

But with that being said, if prices of the schools are fairly similar, I would choose based on distance from home which in your case would bring it down to the Kentucky schools

See that's what I don't get lol 67k is still a lot, MWU-IL is 76k per year and I don't feel that UL would be significantly cheaper? Especially considering if a person were to be OOS and was to travel a lot between Lousiville and their home state, the $ could add up.

My point is that OP doesn't need to discredit MWU completely simply based on price, I've also heard that AZ cost of living is not that high

But with that being said, if prices of the schools are fairly similar, I would choose based on distance from home which in your case would bring it down to the Kentucky schools

Hmm based on their website it's 470k vs 311k for 4 years. I think it's the same for both MWU campuses. 160k is a looooooooooot of money.

https://www.midwestern.edu/Document...orms/2017-18 AZ/Dental _ AZ 1718 newfinal.pdf

Well, you have to consider the whole cost difference, which includes interest. This puts MWU-AZ as a top expensive school to attend.

"I found this from another thread and it is pretty accurate assuming living expenses at $1200.
Anyways here's pre-tax numbers:
D1: $101,213
D2: $98,728
D3: $102,944.4
D4: $107,371.62

Post tax (6% annual interest)
D1: $127,779.08
D2: $117,586.63
D3: $115,668.33
D4: $113,813.92

Grand Total: $474,847.96"

Well UL is about $74,865 currently estimated for COA and MWU-IL is $93,069. This does not include living expenses, make sure to include all the fees also..Also adding interest it does make a huge difference to attend a University that is 10k-20k cheaper a year.

Last edited: