This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

geologynerd

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was a little misinformed at my school and was told my stats are a little low. I think they're pretty good and I just want other people's opinions that I am not crazy and my advisers were wrong.

BCP: 3.62, without -/+ = 3.69
Science 3.73, without -/+ = 3.78
Non-Science: 3.85, without -/+ = 3.85
Total: 3.76, without -/+ = 3.80

Do schools look at without +/- gpa or the regular more? Is my BCP a little low?

I'd like to get into BU dental, Tufts, UConn, UNE, NYU, and university of the pacific. Do I have a chance? Also hoping for NOVA and UCLA but I believe UCLA is wicked competitive.

Also I'm not a great test-taker and don't believe I will do well on the dat (all my practice exams are well under 20). Will schools tend to look more at my gpa then? My DAT is in two weeks and I'm terrified.

I'm just worried because I lost all confidence after being told my stats are "average" at best, but after cruising around sdn I see that I should be ok.

Thanks everyone :)

Members don't see this ad.

So I was a little misinformed at my school and was told my stats are a little low. I think they're pretty good and I just want other people's opinions that I am not crazy and my advisers were wrong.

BCP: 3.62, without -/+ = 3.69
Science 3.73, without -/+ = 3.78
Non-Science: 3.85, without -/+ = 3.85
Total: 3.76, without -/+ = 3.80

Do schools look at without +/- gpa or the regular more? Is my BCP a little low?

I'd like to get into BU dental, Tufts, UConn, UNE, NYU, and university of the pacific. Do I have a chance? Also hoping for NOVA and UCLA but I believe UCLA is wicked competitive.

Also I'm not a great test-taker and don't believe I will do well on the dat (all my practice exams are well under 20). Will schools tend to look more at my gpa then? My DAT is in two weeks and I'm terrified.

I'm just worried because I lost all confidence after being told my stats are "average" at best, but after cruising around sdn I see that I should be ok.

Thanks everyone :)

What's your state of residency?

Members don't see this ad :)
Your adviser has no idea what he/she is talking about.

Reactions: 1 users
I live in Massachusetts and go to a university here as well. Hoping to get into BU or Tufts but I'd get the new england rate at UConn. Is there such a rate at UNE? Also does it look favorable that I am from Massachusetts? and Thank you jlT223 this makes me feel a lot better. I was discouraged a lot since "I did not have close to a 4.0" but I knew this was not needed.

Reactions: 1 user
I live in Massachusetts and go to a university here as well. Hoping to get into BU or Tufts but I'd get the new england rate at UConn. Is there such a rate at UNE? Also does it look favorable that I am from Massachusetts? and Thank you jlT223 this makes me feel a lot better. I was discouraged a lot since "I did not have close to a 4.0" but I knew this was not needed.

Chances are pretty good! Do well on the DAT and you got this!

Also, UNE is private- no New England rate there :(

Chances are pretty good! Do well on the DAT and you got this!

Also, UNE is private- no New England rate there :(
Thank you! I was thinking that there wouldn't be a NE discount but wanted to try asking haha

GPA is great, you really want to get a 20+ on the DAT to be safe however. Don't waste energy worrying about your GPA, just focus on the DAT and kill it!