nbde part 1-april-may 2013 takers-join this thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chorea6

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys..whoever is appearing around the same time for part 1 ..lets motivate each other;and keep each other updated about our preparation...

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys. Me too planning to give it in may.. which country was ur graduation from? can you just share wat study materials are you using.?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi to everybody!!
I am also planing to take the nbde 1 in the beginning of summer. I have started to study biochemistry, next I will move at microbiology-- these 2 are my weak points :) so study, study,study. Gook luck!!!
Bwt, which book are you using for microbiology? Thank you.

Hi everyone.

I am taking the NBDE Part 1 exam in May as well. Anybody know how long will the result comes out after taking the exam?

Hi,

I am planning to take the part 1 in may...Please could someone advice me on the "Must Read" books??

thanks

Hi,

I am planning to take the part 1 in may...Please could someone advice me on the "Must Read" books??

thanks

Your notes and textbooks are actually a great resources. It may have more in depth material than the boards warrant, but you are a lot more familiar with your own notes and that'll help you recall information you thought you forgot.

Around feb or march you can start using boards specific material to get a feel of the level of difficulty boards questions are compared to your class. I wouldn't buy very many "boards prep" books because they most likely will have the same info already found in your notes/textbooks. Instead you wanna use things that will familiarize you with the style and format of the boards questions in addition to building your knowledge base. Things like previous exams, boards prep apps, or dental decks are good for that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi...Im in the prrocess of applying to take the NBDE part 1 exam... and I have no text books and no material as yet and have no idea where to start studying or what for that matter... anyone who has passed looking to sell their study material/ books ???? .. latest and good condition only pls...contact me

Hi I am a giving my nbde part 1 in July and wanted to know books which you are using.

Please advice.

i am planning on taking the NBDE part1 in spring 2013. does anyone have a study plan to follow? I just began and I'm so confused and also scared. Its overwhelming, I don't know where to begin.

i am planning on taking the NBDE part1 in spring 2013. does anyone have a study plan to follow? I just began and I'm so confused and also scared. Its overwhelming, I don't know where to begin.
Hey does anyone know when the deadline for ASDA CAAPID is opening . Do we have to meet the deadling to get into the fall semesters or colleges open twice a year i am so confused .I am planning for April but seein how the study is slow and all... I am not sure for april?? any suggestions if i can take in may or aug will b still able to apply for colleges for advanced placement course

Hey does anyone know when the deadline for ASDA CAAPID is opening . Do we have to meet the deadling to get into the fall semesters or colleges open twice a year i am so confused .I am planning for April but seein how the study is slow and all... I am not sure for april?? any suggestions if i can take in may or aug will b still able to apply for colleges for advanced placement course
Hi, i jst studied the caapid directory, it closes feb 15th, dts few days frm now, therfore if u re planning to take the exam in april, it ll be closed already. amnt sure wen it re-opens but its smtime befor may/june, so u may be able to apply in the 2nd phase as against next year admission into advanced dental placement. i plan to take my exams in june to give me enough time to study and research more on the school to apply for after ve passed, that time caapid must ve re-opened.

Hey, everyone, I am a dentist from India. I plan on taking the NBDE part 1 exam in May. I have dental decks and previous exam questions, will that be enough??? Also I am confused whether i should take the exam early to appear in this year's cycle, coz apparently the CAAPID cycles re opens in may/june- im not sure how far it is true! Plus i am looking for a study partner.

hi, i am a dentist from india and looking for a study partner. i am planning to take my NBDE part 1 in the month of june.can i be ur study partner?

hie! m planing on givin in april 1st week or mid..... same m frm india! even m in search of a study partner. mail me on [email protected]. n yea wanna knw abt CAAPID n stuff...

This is a gud forum.. Lets all keep in touch and motivate each others and share knowledge .. Also if anyone knows who have recently given exams, can also share their advices

i m also fron india..lets keep each other updated..i m yet not sure when i shud give the exam..i am now starting my preparation

i m also fron india..lets keep each other updated..i m yet not sure when i shud give the exam..i am now starting my preparation
Hey hi.. I am from india.
I am studying decks right now and i have all editions like 2006-07, 2009-10 and 2012-13 . Sos hould i refer all of them or only latest one ? Or only oldest one?
Please suggest me .
Thank you.

Shruti, you will need all around 3 months to prepare for the part-1. So start with kaplan review books then decks and then question bank if u have but kaplan decks must.

Hi everybody

I have plan to take the NBDE I in may in california. does anybody has hard copy of dental deck part I ?

Thanks so much:)

could you please let me know if you want to sell or borrow or ...?

Hi all,
Last time I took nbde was in 2007. I wanna try to take it again this year. I think I should buy new dental deck 2012. What do u think?
I have: Dental deck 2004
Last years few / 1996,1997,2005 only/ released exams
Kaplan reviewer
Rudman's part.
Please share your study method how should I start to which part and which study material. I am pretty stuck where to start and what is next. Should I finish all anatomy first then go to microbiology or what!? I m pretty confused what to do.... Please help me easy way to get there. Any advise I would be grateful. I m sure you all were in my shoes.

Is there any newer years study material on PDF file?

Please share any study material with me. What you have how much etc...
Thanks in advance.

Hey Guys,
I am looking for a study partner who is pretty serious about taking the test in April or may this year.
It goes like weekly plans on subjects followed by a good discussion online probably once or twice in a week.
If anyone is interested , message me.
Thank you
Good luck everyone ! :)

hey anyone sitting for it in march 2013?.. anyone who already gave their part 1 in 2013 please share your inputs thanks

giving in april..

wanted to ask one thing..isnt april late? coz early applicant are given preference...plus i heard that caapid forward applications to the institutes around mid may... so its the same if u submit ur application on 15th april or 1st may..is this true?

I am also in Houston, and m planning to take nbde 1 in may 2013, have u started preparing for it? I a just starting it and I need a serious study parter. If you are interested , we can exchange notes and study pans?

I’m looking female partner study nbde part 1, Boston, Massachusetts. 2013

Hi .. I am a female dentist from india. Giving part 1 in june. Lets keep ourselves updated with this forum about exam preparation and exam experiences.

Hi guys!!! I took the exam last year, and unfortunately failed at 74%. :(( the bad thing is I can't remember any questions because it's been 7mos and I really got discouraged because I'm not used to failing. I just started reading dental decks again, but this time I'll go through it maybe twice. It's a lesson learned, really. If you guys wanna pass you have to want it in your heart and do everything you can to pass. Be sure to always have a good night sleep and healthy diet, I was having tummy pains when I took my exam, i'm not sure why but the only thing I ate was McDonalds before exam.

Let's motivate each other here! And let's share are progress with studying and in that way we can pressure others to study harder too! Hehehehe! I need some motivation and pressure right now, I'm really having a hard time studying for this exam over again.