nbde part 1-april-may 2013 takers-join this thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chorea6

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys..whoever is appearing around the same time for part 1 ..lets motivate each other;and keep each other updated about our preparation...

Members don't see this ad.

SONE STUDY Day 1: I juststarted with dental decks Biochem/Physio as it was my lowest score on my previous exam. I'm writing down some notes too.

i'll try to post my progress here. I'm not sure how many cards I can read in a day because I work part time as a barista. The only perk of working there is free coffee to wake me up. Anyone agree that reading is the most unstimulating activity ever? LOL unless it's a fiction book like harry potter. LOL

Hey sone09
I was reading your post and was thinking that someone out there is thinking and experiencing the same thing , I took NBDE part 1, got 68 score, of course 74 is closer then 68 ,but when I saw the score it was like "heat attack", I thought I was so close. Its is really difficult to get back and study. My weak point is anatomic science,thats why started from that subject . I already read review book from Kaplan, and now reading dental decks, it is definitely boring )))) but good news is that I'm not working and trying to study , but its really tough.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys!!! I took the exam last year, and unfortunately failed at 74%. :(( the bad thing is I can't remember any questions because it's been 7mos and I really got discouraged because I'm not used to failing. I just started reading dental decks again, but this time I'll go through it maybe twice. It's a lesson learned, really. If you guys wanna pass you have to want it in your heart and do everything you can to pass. Be sure to always have a good night sleep and healthy diet, I was having tummy pains when I took my exam, i'm not sure why but the only thing I ate was McDonalds before exam.

Let's motivate each other here! And let's share are progress with studying and in that way we can pressure others to study harder too! Hehehehe! I need some motivation and pressure right now, I'm really having a hard time studying for this exam over again.

Hey I know the feeling , but now that you r reading the card again , do you know the answer already by memory. Because I memorized a lot of cards

Hi All.
I am juz starting with the prep for part 1. I would highly appreciate if you can guide me the topics I should start with and what should be my game plan? I am planning to appear by June-July. Thanks.

SONE Day 2: I just read 5 dental decks today. It's totally frustrating. I get distracted every single minute, i just wanna kill myself.

Hey I know the feeling , but now that you r reading the card again , do you know the answer already by memory. Because I memorized a lot of cards

Oh no, i forgot every single thing. It's been 7mos since the last time I read this, so yeah...I'm not those people who have a very good memory. I'm the type who needs to study harder than the rest and I guess I didn't study hard enough to pass last year. i took the exam lightly... I think.

Hi All.
I am juz starting with the prep for part 1. I would highly appreciate if you can guide me the topics I should start with and what should be my game plan? I am planning to appear by June-July. Thanks.

Most of the people who pass says dental decks, asda, old notes and first aid are enough. And i think so too. The last time I prepared for the exam I had too many reviewers and I only had 2mos to prepare and I had Kaplan notes, dental decks, first aid, asda, and qubank. I only read everything once and didnt review the topics that i felt I was weak because my goal was to finish all the reviewers which was my biggest mistake. Qubank, for me was a waste of money and time, i went through it for 2 weeks and it was not really helpful. I kind of regret that i didn't go through decks twice or thrice because it's really an easy read and a good review notes to refresh college. ASDA released papers were so useful, i think I encountered 3 questions in the exam (but forgot what were those questions). First aid was useful for memorizing because it has mnemonics, tables, side notes, and pictures!

I hope i pass the test this time! :) and everyone here too! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
besides decks and asda,what other material we should go over to knock this monster down......cuz this decks doesn't seem enough....any comments?

Hi I am appearing nbde part 1 in may end and my mind is not absorbing anything. I am studying Kaplan review (which is good for details). NBDe part 1 first aid seems good to either start with or just for quick review at the end. I am planning to do decks atleast twice . Donno what to do with biochemistry and physio...?? killing me.

I have taken nbde part 1 thrice and failed. now after waiting 1 year I dont rememba any Q. Best what I m doing is just focus on revising decks and probably doing more papers. Kaplan review book is quite a detail but I still have time to go thru it. what else can be done.

hey guys..whoever is appearing around the same time for part 1 ..lets motivate each other;and keep each other updated about our preparation...

Hi! I am planning to take nbde part 1. But I dont know what will be the best time to take the exam. I am not sure when to start the application process for the same. And also if anyone can help me find dental decks and asda released papers.

Thanks!:)

Hey! Dont feel bad. Atleast u have experience now and u know how to go about it. U will do well this time. All the best!

I am also starting to prepare but i have no idea how much it will take and when should i start the application process for exam. Please guide me.

Thanks

really stressed out with so much to study..
how is everyone doing?
im reading from first aid and decks and then will do papers.
what is the most important reading material by far for this exam?

really stressed out with so much to study..
how is everyone doing?
im reading from first aid and decks and then will do papers.
what is the most important reading material by far for this exam?

I am taking this exam second time so I think I can eveluate which studing material is the best for NBDE part 1 .
Dentessenssials
Dental decks
Asda tests
Go through dental decks as many times as possible, read question and explanation side of flashcard. Minimum 3 times every single flashcard(dental deck) .
And dentessesials from kaplan is book where you can find details that are key info for exam.
Last thing is asda tests, that you need to do before exam.
I hope it will help you guys. Im taking it in April, last decade of April. Wish u all good luck and good luck to me too))))

Hi! I am planning to take nbde part 1. But I dont know what will be the best time to take the exam. I am not sure when to start the application process for the same. And also if anyone can help me find dental decks and asda released papers.

Thanks!:)

Hi if you meant ADEA CAAPID new cycle, it starts in the middle of April.
Dental decks you can google it and there is web site.
Asda released papers is on ASDA web site too.
But as far as I know you can find it on Ebay too.

Oh no, i forgot every single thing. It's been 7mos since the last time I read this, so yeah...I'm not those people who have a very good memory. I'm the type who needs to study harder than the rest and I guess I didn't study hard enough to pass last year. i took the exam lightly... I think.

Hi Sone09 , I am looking forward to see your new post how is your studying going.

hi every one,,i m taking nbde part 1 in may 2013. needed study partner and can any one help me out dat dental desks 1st aid and nbde kaplan are suffient?
will be thankful to u..

Most of the people who pass says dental decks, asda, old notes and first aid are enough. And i think so too. The last time I prepared for the exam I had too many reviewers and I only had 2mos to prepare and I had Kaplan notes, dental decks, first aid, asda, and qubank. I only read everything once and didnt review the topics that i felt I was weak because my goal was to finish all the reviewers which was my biggest mistake. Qubank, for me was a waste of money and time, i went through it for 2 weeks and it was not really helpful. I kind of regret that i didn't go through decks twice or thrice because it's really an easy read and a good review notes to refresh college. ASDA released papers were so useful, i think I encountered 3 questions in the exam (but forgot what were those questions). First aid was useful for memorizing because it has mnemonics, tables, side notes, and pictures!

I hope i pass the test this time! :) and everyone here too! :)
Hi what did you mean asda ? is this questions for test

Hi everybody,

I am from NJ around jersey city area. I am taking my nbde part 1 at the end of april. So anybody around the area who is looking for a female study partner pls contact me at [email protected].

I am taking my exam end of april too and i am scared to death. This would be my 3rd attempt and here is my story.

I think I am one of the most unluckiest person in the world. I passed in my first attempt back in 2008 but scored only 78. I wasnt happy with my score so I decided to re appear another time after a year and guess what? ???I got worst score 74 :(. That broke my heart so I decided to quit dentistry and found something else for myself.

After couple of years of changing my carrer there wasn't even a single day that I wound't miss dentistry. Now I am back again with new motivation and determination to achieve my dream. I finally decided to appear for nbde part 1 on april and hope this time I dont make mistakes i did few years ago.

Just wanted to wish everybody good luck and hope we all keep motivating each other..

Hi I am appearing nbde part 1 in may end and my mind is not absorbing anything. I am studying Kaplan review (which is good for details). NBDe part 1 first aid seems good to either start with or just for quick review at the end. I am planning to do decks atleast twice . Donno what to do with biochemistry and physio...?? killing me.
im also thinking of taking the exam early may... and struggling with absorbing all this information.
im not sure how sufficient it might be to study online but sure am willing to give it a try to keep our motivation going!
best of luck!

im also thinking of taking the exam early may... and struggling with absorbing all this information.
im not sure how sufficient it might be to study online but sure am willing to give it a try to keep our motivation going!
best of luck!

Hi I am also studying from kaplan review book and decks.Looking for a sincere female study partner.Plz mail me at [email protected] .

hi i am planning to gv part 1 in july even i am a female dentist from india, do u have any idea about dental decks

hi even i am studying from kaplan but hvnt gt dental decks yet planning to give it in july too...can u help me to get the dental decks

hi, i am a dentist from india and looking for a study partner. i am planning to take my NBDE part 1 in the month of june.can i be ur study partner?

Hi! Even am planning to give nbde part1 in the month of June jus preparing with decks and questions papers if you are willing I can join you! Preferably female...