nbde part 1-april-may 2013 takers-join this thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chorea6

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys..whoever is appearing around the same time for part 1 ..lets motivate each other;and keep each other updated about our preparation...

Members don't see this ad.

HEllo Guys!
I am taking my NBDE part 1 at the beginning of July.I hope I do well
I am selling all my material:
1 Decks
2 First Aid
3 Kaplan 2013 book ( brand new)
4 Biochemistry for the boards ( very useful book)
I can also send you more than 1500 Released exam questions if you need them.

email me
[email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
hi plzzzz help me I need a serious help is ece required after second year??
how will i gt my eligibility number as i hav to mail the eligibility form and apply online for the exam plzzz help

Yes I do have it !! contact me
1 Decks
2 First Aid

email me
[email protected]

Hi all ,

Does anybody have a hard copy of dental decks part 1..?

Yes Keerthika . I do have them

1 Decks
2 First Aid

email me
[email protected]

Hi all ,

Does anybody have a hard copy of dental decks part 1..?

Hi ,
I'm planning to give in sept end ..

Hello Guys In case you need any Dental material to study I am selling mine .
1 Decks
2 First Aid

email me
[email protected]

hey ,
all those recent test takers please do let us know how the exam is?.. is it difficult or closer to asda?.. were there any repeats, my prep is OK and im planning to sit this month. please do let me know.. my biochem is weak but now im just doing asda as i dont have time for it. im reviewing what i already know.. please do let me know how the recent exam is.. i do know the basics. im fine with any other subject except biochem. help me out i heard dental anatomy section is more and its make it or break it thing. is it really so?. kindly reply. thanks

Hello , in case you need study material
1 Decks
2 First Aid

email me
[email protected]

Hi All.
I am juz starting with the prep for part 1. I would highly appreciate if you can guide me the topics I should start with and what should be my game plan? I am planning to appear by June-July. Thanks.
HI in case you need material !
1 Decks
2 First Aid

email me
[email protected]

Hi ,
I have been preparing for NBDE part 1 and my exam is in a few weeks time. I tried solving the ASDA released questions now after having done First Aid part 1 and decks together. I find the ASDA much harder and difficult. I could score not more than 80/100 in any paper during practice. Some were even in sixties. Any suggestions for me in these last few days. I am really worried that i won't be able to pass the exam.
I appreciate your help.
Thanks a ton!

hello guys, I am from Indonesia, and I took the NBDE part 1 last December and I failed, 65% I dont wanna study and take it again, but I have to, does anyone knows what books to read? or any suggestions? I feel like I don't want to, but I have to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there, my suggestion is revise revise revise! Doing first aid once isnt gonna do much. You need to re-do all as many times as possible. I did first aid 3 times before I could see improvements on the ASDA papers. All the wrong questions I got, I wrote them down and researched it for a better understanding. There isnt a short cut to this exam period and its bs if you ask me. Now part 2 is a more real life exam that actually deals with our profession. Thats another story. Best of luck!

hi, is any one staying in atlanta, alpharetta or some where near by.... who would like to have combine study by discussion atleast weekly once or once in 2 weeks...

hi i gave my part 1
when i was at the test it felt ok...but now whn i check some of the anwers ...lot of them are wrong...

Last edited:
hi i gave my

when i was at the test it felt ok...but now whn i check some of the anwers ...lot of them are wrong...

Last edited:
I am taking my exam end of april too and i am scared to death. This would be my 3rd attempt and here is my story.

I think I am one of the most unluckiest person in the world. I passed in my first attempt back in 2008 but scored only 78. I wasnt happy with my score so I decided to re appear another time after a year and guess what? ???I got worst score 74 :(. That broke my heart so I decided to quit dentistry and found something else for myself.

After couple of years of changing my carrer there wasn't even a single day that I wound't miss dentistry. Now I am back again with new motivation and determination to achieve my dream. I finally decided to appear for nbde part 1 on april and hope this time I dont make mistakes i did few years ago.

Just wanted to wish everybody good luck and hope we all keep motivating each other..

Hello dentalnj,
i am planning to take the NBDE exams in 2014 and i just saw ur post. Have u done the exams? how did it go? I admire ur determination...good luck

I am in Louisville Kentucky, Male, going to give in about three months from now. I gave it one time before as well but I dint clear it that time. My question is does it shows on your report that its yours second attempt and you dint clear in 1st attempt.

Hello everyone,
I have been asking everyone here about their exams and everyone really helped and I appreciate it. Thank u all. and now its my turn to contribute to it.
I took my exam yesterday, sorry I wasn't able to write this all yesterday.
I studied but in intervals, as in not in a continuous three straight months because i don't have that kind of a temperament, so i studied for this last 3 weeks continuous. I was left with a lot of reviewing tho till the end but here is my experience: EXAM was equally balanced in terms of difficulty. I found the exam to be relatively easy not just because the exam itself was easy, its here on the forums that the exam is tough and i expected way beyond that. Its tricky and as long as you have done your decks thoroughly and first aid i'm sure u will ace it. Nothing was out of course except some genetic stuff that were hardly one or two questions. Questions were similar to ASDA. No case scenarios apart from testlets. I just had 7 TESTLETS. and they were easy, dentally related but some medical stuff incorporated and also some ethical stuff. BUT the subjects weren't equally divided. Mine was ~65% i can bet on it was only dental anatomy and occlusion. every second or third question was DA and Occlusion. Lots and lots of questions on TMJ and its ligaments, nerve and blood supply. It was tough. Know your occlusion WELL and the other major portion was of anatomy around 15% and all were mostly related to head and neck. 2 or 4 questions on limbs and abdomen combined. i was asked micro a few questions. and i also had 15 repeats atleast. The remaining were path and physio and biochem. I just had basic biochem. I will say occlusion was tough. real tough but other subjects were basic. i screwed up big time and im just praying that i pass. i wish i would have revised my occlusion. i thought my DA was strong but i screwed up. Morpho was crazy! they asked us to compare different teeth at different intervals and age groups blah blah. My advise will be to do morpho really really well also. know each and every single aspect from every angle. I really hope I pass. Over all the exam was a good one. Do not freak out. They were simple and to the point answers but tricky ones and a few had very close options and yea a few were like WTH.. lol and a few were like are u serious? could it be this easy?..haha but over all a good exam. If I God forbid dont pass it will be entirely my fault. the test was easy. i knew it but it was all jumbled up.
IN SHORT: OCCLUSION OCCLUSION AND DENTAL ANATOMY IN AND OUT!! cover to cover. i did kaplan and decks for DA the rest i did decks. i also did first AID on the last day for just anatomy review and to my surprise the notes on the sides in first aid are the questions on the exam. Over all it was a good exam, tricky , tough, easy all balanced. do not freak out. you get one hour break in between relax and eat thats all. if u all need to ask me anything ask here. ill reply as soon as i can. Good Luck to you all!
Hi
Thanks a lot for all this information
It is helpful I hope to pass
So if u want to sell dental decks let me know at [email protected]

Hi where can I please find the released exams my exam is in February please email me? Thank you

Peace be upon you all ,
I want to thank SDN for being what they are .. I wish I had known about SDN earlier .. Although I am not very active but I log in a lot of time to get motivated by all those people who write positive experiences that inspire us ..
I would like to thank you all for sharing you experience... From here I learnt a lot and I also had a study partner who has become a friend and we both studied together and we both passed our nbde part 1 Alhamdulilah ..

I am sure that if you give it time ,study smar, revise and solve questions you will do great .. Do your best and have faith .. You will surely pass

Wish you all the best .. You can All do it

I am in Louisville Kentucky, Male, going to give in about three months from now. I gave it one time before as well but I dint clear it that time. My question is does it shows on your report that its yours second attempt and you dint clear in 1st attempt.
Are you fine to study, discuss, clear doubts, motivate & give exam! I am in Troy, MI

hspatel - join in a group called Dental Study and in another group called NBDE Part 1 notes on facebook - you can find many people who are giving the exam around the same time. These are very active groups as I've seen- Try. All the best.

Reactions: 1 user
hspatel - join in a group called Dental Study and in another group called NBDE Part 1 notes on facebook - you can find many people who are giving the exam around the same time. These are very active groups as I've seen- Try. All the best.
I give "3 CLAPS for you with Thanks!"

hey everyone..
I m FTD from india lives in california..I m starting prep for nbde 1. anybody have study materials to sell? I m loooking for female study partener too.

Hi I have tons of material all the standard e books along with various editions of decks ,first aid,mosby,rudemans,tufts,adc papers and all set of ASDA if interested pm @ [email protected]
Good luck