This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ECUpirate2018

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I am starting this thread in hopes of making a timeline about when schools in NC are sending out admissions decisions and interview offers for this current cycle!

I applied to Duke, ECU, WCU, Elon, High Point, and UNC! Feel free to put information out there about any schools in NC :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I applied to Duke, UNC, WSSU, Chapel Hill, Elon, ECU, and HPU. I got accepted to HPU today, still haven't heard anything from anyone else (other than non-NC schools). Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Waiting to hear back from Duke and UNC! Best of luck to everyone and keep us posted.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to Duke, UNC, ECU, WCU, Elon, High Point, and 4 non-NC schools (UCSF, Samuel Merritt, USC, and UoP). I have been waitlisted at High Point and haven't heard back from any other schools yet!

Last edited:
I got an interview offer from Elon this week

when did you apply to elon? I applied recently and received an email that they received all my material just the other day. Also, do you mind posting your stats? I'm curious to see what they look at since their prereq requirement is unique compared to other schools

Can I ask if you got a phone call, email, or mail? Just want to know what to look out for since I submitted in early August. Best of luck at your interview and congrats!

Can I ask if you got a phone call, email, or mail? Just want to know what to look out for since I submitted in early August. Best of luck at your interview and congrats!
It was an email! :) good luck!

when did you apply to elon? I applied recently and received an email that they received all my material just the other day. Also, do you mind posting your stats? I'm curious to see what they look at since their prereq requirement is unique compared to other schools
I submitted my ptcas stuff at the end of September, Elon emailed me and said they got my application October 2nd but they didn’t finish checking my recommendations and all that until October 11th. Then two days ago they emailed me for an interview.

I have a 3.93 cGPA
Around a 3.9 Prereq gpa honestly not sure since it changes at every school
My gre is a 155 math 154 verbal and then I have over 250 hours.

I submitted my ptcas stuff at the end of September, Elon emailed me and said they got my application October 2nd but they didn’t finish checking my recommendations and all that until October 11th. Then two days ago they emailed me for an interview.

That's so weird because I applied at the beginning of August and haven't heard anything from them at all other than the application received on August 15. My status page still says "Your application is now complete." Maybe I should contact them and ask if there's anything missing...

That's so weird because I applied at the beginning of August and haven't heard anything from them at all other than the application received on August 15. My status page still says "Your application is now complete." Maybe I should contact them and ask if there's anything missing...
In the email that says your application is received there’s a link to check your admissions status. Maybe try that? It shows what they have from you so maybe that could tell you. If not, I would contact them!

I have a 3.93 cGPA
Around a 3.9 Prereq gpa honestly not sure since it changes at every school
My gre is a 155 math 154 verbal and then I have over 250 hours.

Hey! How did you know they finished checking your recommendations and everything on October 11th? I've only received one email saying that everything has been received and my application status is complete on my admissions status page, but I'm not sure if I should be on the lookout for a second email. Thanks!

ECU Undergrad, BS Kinesiology C/O 2018

GPA: 3.35
Pre Req. GPA: ~3.5 - 3.6
Last 40hrs GPA: ~ 3.65
PTCAS GPA: 3.29
GRE: 154 V / 153 Q / 4 Analytical Writing
Volunteer: ~250 hours
Observation: 860 hours outpatient, acute, ortho, geriatrics, home health
EC's: Tutor/Mentor, Lab Assistantship, Clubs

Applied: Campbell, UNC, Elon, HPU, WCU, WSSU, Methodist
Interviewed: Campbell (10/27)
Acceptances: N/A

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! How did you know they finished checking your recommendations and everything on October 11th? I've only received one email saying that everything has been received and my application status is complete on my admissions status page, but I'm not sure if I should be on the lookout for a second email. Thanks!
There’s a custom link in that email that lets you log in and it showed when they got my gre scores and when they checked to make sure my recommendations were from the required people. It took about a week and a half until the last thing was processed and checked off from when I originally got the email. Hope this helps!!

Reactions: 1 users
How long did it take you to hear back from Campbell from when you applied? I applied to Campbell too but haven't heard anything yet.

I was accepted to Wingate in September and offered an interview at Elon on 10/23. I applied to ECU, Western, USC, Wingate, and Elon!

I was accepted to Wingate in September and offered an interview at Elon on 10/23. I applied to ECU, Western, USC, Wingate, and Elon!

Congrats on Wingate and Elon! I applied to ECU, Western, and Elon too (among others) but haven't heard back from any of them yet.

Congrats on Wingate and Elon! I applied to ECU, Western, and Elon too (among others) but haven't heard back from any of them yet.
I was offered an interview at Western today!

Reactions: 2 users
I got an interview for Western today too!! So excited! It was my first choice last year and I ended up on the waitlist.

I'll be interviewing at Western on 12/9! In case anyone is wondering, their on-campus interview is mandatory and they won't conduct a phone/skype interview.

I'll be interviewing at Western on 12/9! In case anyone is wondering, their on-campus interview is mandatory and they won't conduct a phone/skype interview.
I will be interviewing there that day as well!!

Did you confirm your interview day/time choice with Linda via email? If so, did she email you back?
I called and left her voice message and I emailed her. She did not personally respond but I just received and automated email confirmation with my date and time a couple hours ago.

Would anyone who got an interview with WCU mind sharing their stats?

GPA: 3.9
GRE: 152 V, 156 Q

Last edited:
Exercise Science Major & Chemistry Minor
Overall GPA: 3.52
GRE: 157Q, 152V, 4.5AW
90 hours in geriatric orthopedic outpatient, 2000 hours in sports medicine outpatient, 25 hours in home health, 25 hours SNF
youth softball coach, member of christian sorority, club lacrosse, worked 20 hours a week for 3 years of college, currently work in a PT office

I will be interviewing 12/8!

Last edited:
Exercise Science Major
Overall GPA: 4.0
GRE: 153V, 153Q, 5.0W
Over 500+ hours in outpatient, inpatient, SNF, and NICU
Undergraduate research, tons of volunteer hours in the community, part time job throughout college, Phi Beta Kappa honor society, and on the dance team

Does any one know if Elon does phone or Skype interview? Just got an interview, but im from colorado and dont have much money to spend.

Does any one know if Elon does phone or Skype interview? Just got an interview, but im from colorado and dont have much money to spend.

Let me know if you find out one way or another. I can't afford to continue traveling for interviews.

GPA: 3.57
GRE: 161 V, 157 Q, 4.0 W
Volunteer: Fitcatz Aquatic and Motor Therapy for children with special needs
Hours: over 800 at an outpatient clinic
Others: employed for over 1.5 years at a hospital as a transporter

Overall GPA: 3.62
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.25-3.41 depending on school
GRE: 160 Verbal (86%), 158 Quant (69%), 5.5 Writing (98%)
Observation Hours:
  • 260 Outpatient Ortho
  • 50 Inpatient Acute/Rehab Geriatrics
  • 68 Outpatient Peds
Extra-Curricular:
Director of Trans & Non-Binary Collective (3 years), Staff Photographer for two organizations (2 years and 3 years)

Employment:
PT receptionist for 2 years, Nanny for 2.5 years, currently a medical receptionist at a new PT location, owner of a photography business for 5 years.

Awards:
Dean's List (3 semesters)

Certifications:
Functional Movement Screen Provider

Got an interview offer for 2/3/18 with Elon today![/QUO
I Talked to Someone at Elon and they said they don't have phone or skype interviews. You have to do an in campus interview.

Got an interview with WCU on Dec. 9th at 1:30, so I'll see some of y'all there. I wonder how the three group sessions are going to be laid out for the interview?!

Got an interview with WCU on Dec. 9th at 1:30, so I'll see some of y'all there. I wonder how the three group sessions are going to be laid out for the interview?!

Current WCU 1st year DPT student here. Ill be one of the students conducting the afternoon interviews for the 9th. You'll most likely be in a group of about 9 other candidates rotating through 3 different rooms with panels comprised of 1st and 3rd year students as well as professors. Its very stressful but try your best to relax and be confident. Good luck to you!

Last year they split us up and some went on a tour while another group interviewed in a large room with about 6 other interviewees and about 6 interviewers.

Has anyone gotten any updates from unc or Ecu?

I️ am getting very anxious now that it is December! If anyone has talked to any of the schools admissions or anything like that about when we find out, post in here!

I know that UNC sent out interview invites by the end of December last year. So we should hear from them pretty soon!!

I know that UNC sent out interview invites by the end of December last year. So we should hear from them pretty soon!!

I found out that I got an interview from UNC today!

Reactions: 1 users
still havent heard anything from unc, duke, cambpell, or wingate and its killing me

Hey guys! I just received an interview invite from UNC by e-mail yesterday for 01/13...so excited! I'm out-of-state, and I've never been to NC before so if anyone has any recommendations of where to stay etc. please let me know...and good luck to everyone!

Hey guys! I just received an interview invite from UNC by e-mail yesterday for 01/13...so excited! I'm out-of-state, and I've never been to NC before so if anyone has any recommendations of where to stay etc. please let me know...and good luck to everyone!
Do you mind sharing your stats?

Congrats!! Did they give you a day to rsvp by?