This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you mind sharing your stats?
Sure!
Overall + prereq GPA: 4.0
GRE: 163 V, 157 Q, 5.0 W
Over the past year I worked full time as a PT aide in both orthopedic outpatient, and an adult day health program, and I did 16 hrs observation inpatient subacute to cover a third setting.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to Duke, UNC, ECU, WCU, Elon, High Point, and 4 non-NC schools (UCSF, Samuel Merritt, USC, and UoP). I have been waitlisted at High Point and haven't heard back from any other schools yet!
I️ heard from USC today just so you know!

Members don't see this ad :)
South Carolina! I️ got waitlisted for admission!
I also got waitlisted today. Very curious as to how they decided who was accepted. My stats are great and I'm very sad that I was not accepted.

I was just offered an interview at ECU for January 5!

Reactions: 1 user
I've decided to decline interviews to WCU (on 12/8) and Elon (on 2/2) so hopefully that gives someone else a chance!

I've decided to decline interviews to WCU (on 12/8) and Elon (on 2/2) so hopefully that gives someone else a chance!
Where do you think you will go? I interviewed at Elon last week and didn't really like the vibe. Not for me

I know that UNC sent out interview invites by the end of December last year. So we should hear from them pretty soon!!

Hi everyone! I got an interview at UNC as well for 1/13! I'm not entirely sure where I am staying yet, so any suggestions are welcome :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email this morning saying I was on the waitlist for an interview at UNC :(

Where do you think you will go? I interviewed at Elon last week and didn't really like the vibe. Not for me

I got into GWU with a $10K scholarship and it's in my top choices, I'm just waiting to hear from UNC and Duke before deciding.

I also got waitlisted for an interview for unc! Slightly disappointing but hoping for the best. Was anyone supposed to interview at WCU on Saturday that got cancelled? I interviewed Friday and was curious what day the Saturday interview was rescheduled for. Good luck everyone!!

I also got waitlisted for an interview for unc! Slightly disappointing but hoping for the best. Was anyone supposed to interview at WCU on Saturday that got cancelled? I interviewed Friday and was curious what day the Saturday interview was rescheduled for. Good luck everyone!!
The make up interview is 12/15 but they are also going to offer a date in early 2018 for people who cannot make it next Friday

The make up interview is 12/15 but they are also going to offer a date in early 2018 for people who cannot make it next Friday
That’s interesting. We were told we would have a decision within the next two weeks. I wonder if they will save some spots for people interviewing later on.

Has anyone that has not heard from UNC tried contacting their office yet?

Yep I am now going this Friday, the 15th! Any tips?!

Yep I am now going this Friday, the 15th! Any tips?!
Try to grab a seat in the middle when you go in for the interview. I was in a room with 10 people and they have three questions on the board. You will be assigned one question to answer. I'd have to say I didn't like the format at all, because my nerves got the best of me waiting to answer.

Try to grab a seat in the middle when you go in for the interview. I was in a room with 10 people and they have three questions on the board. You will be assigned one question to answer. I'd have to say I didn't like the format at all, because my nerves got the best of me waiting to answer.

Wow, this was extremely helpful...thank you so much!!! I'm sure you did just fine!

Hey guys! I am starting this thread in hopes of making a timeline about when schools in NC are sending out admissions decisions and interview offers for this current cycle!

I applied to Duke, ECU, WCU, Elon, High Point, and UNC! Feel free to put information out there about any schools in NC :)
I checked my Elon portal today and saw an interview offer for 3/2

Did you receive an email also? I applied at the end of august and have not heard anything since.
They are telling everyone that interviewed in December tomorrow if we were accepted or not so they will probably send out another round of interview offers soon!

Hey guys! I just received an interview invite from UNC by e-mail yesterday for 01/13...so excited! I'm out-of-state, and I've never been to NC before so if anyone has any recommendations of where to stay etc. please let me know...and good luck to everyone!

Went to undergrad at UNC. Everything is super expensive around that area being that it is a college town. If you are able to drive, maybe Durham is a cheaper option? If you are able to book a hotel nearby in CH or Carrboro, you can walk around everywhere relatively easily. Otherwise, the bus system is great (free, many options) just download a bus app to be extra prepared. Parking is a nightmare though. Hope I was helpful!!

I was suppose to interview on Saturday but it got shifted to this Friday, 12/15. How did you feel about the WCU interview?

I was suppose to interview on Saturday but it got shifted to this Friday, 12/15. How did you feel about the WCU interview?
I thought it went pretty well, but I wasn't a fan of the group interview. I was far more nervous than most interviews, as it wasn't conversational and all eyes were on you.

Hey guys! I just received an interview invite from UNC by e-mail yesterday for 01/13...so excited! I'm out-of-state, and I've never been to NC before so if anyone has any recommendations of where to stay etc. please let me know...and good luck to everyone!
Hi Happeeharree! Congrats on your interview with UNC! I am originally from Durham, which is right down the road from Chapel Hill. I would say living in Chapel Hill would be pretty expensive however, some places in Durham can be just as pricey. I think it all comes down to how much you are willing to spend on an apartment. I have seen prices as low as $745 up to $1,000+ a month for one bedroom apartments in nice areas (Be mindful of anything below $750 unless it is a community specifically for college students. It's probably sketch unless they are running specials.) When I lived in High Point, my rent never reached $700. The most I ever paid for a one bedroom apartment (a very nice one at that) was about $670 but that area is much cheaper than the RTP area. I would say just make sure you do your research before deciding on anything. You may luck up and find something pretty reasonable and comfortable. I hope this helps!

Hi Everyone! Just posting my stats. Good luck to everyone with the process!

Undergrad:
NC A&T State University, BS in Biology (2007)
Grad: High Point University, MS in Sport Studies (2011) and UNC-Greensboro, M.Ed, Concentration in Secondary Science (2012)

Overall GPA:
3.3 (calculated by PTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2 - 3.4 depending on school
Graduate school GPA: 3.9
GRE (sad face): 143 V/ 144 Q/ 4.0 W
***Plan on retaking it at the end of the month to bump my scores up***
Observation Hours:
  • 196 Outpatient Ortho
  • 18 Outpatient Peds
  • 16 Acute care/hospital
Extra-Curricular:
Vice president of Beta Kappa Chi National Scientific Honor Society campus chapter, Secretary of Tri-Beta Biological Honor Society campus chapter, Biology Club, Caribbean Culture Club, volunteered with the Greensboro Children's Museum (All from undergrad)

Member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated (9 years - lifetime,) volunteer for Habitat for Humanity (2005 to present)

I also do other volunteer activities with different organizations throughout the year

Employment:
Current: High school science teacher (6 years) and streetscaper for The Futures Company

Student Life Instructor for summer programs at the North Carolina School of Science and Math (Summer 2017)

Awards:
Inducted into Beta Kappa Chi National Scientific Honor Society and Tri-Beta Biological Honor Society (undergrad)

Teacher of the Year for the 2015-2016 school year (Carver High School)

Certifications:
Professional Educator's License (General Science, 9-12)

Applied: ECU, UNC, Duke, Campbell, Methodist, HPU, Wingate
***Also applying to Baylor, ETSU and USA***
Interviews: HPU (Feb. 2nd,) waitlisted for interview with Methodist
Acceptances: N/A
Rejections: ECU, UNC, Duke

Last edited:
I recently withdrew my application for Elon, High Point, and WCU so hopefully that helps someone

Hi Happeeharree! Congrats on your interview with UNC! I am originally from Durham, which is right down the road from Chapel Hill. I would say living in Chapel Hill would be pretty expensive however, some places in Durham can be just as pricey. I think it all comes down to how much you are willing to spend on an apartment. I have seen prices as low as $745 up to $1,000+ a month for one bedroom apartments in nice areas (Be mindful of anything below $750 unless it is a community specifically for college students. It's probably sketch unless they are running specials.) When I lived in High Point, my rent never reached $700. The most I ever paid for a one bedroom apartment (a very nice one at that) was about $670 but that area is much cheaper than the RTP area. I would say just make sure you do your research before deciding on anything. You may luck up and find something pretty reasonable and comfortable. I hope this helps!

Great - thanks for taking the time to post this info!

I still havent heard anything! religiously checking my email
Good luck!!! You could log onto your Apply Yourself portal and check your application status! Mine says "decision made" with a link to the acceptance letter

Good luck!!! You could log onto your Apply Yourself portal and check your application status! Mine says "decision made" with a link to the acceptance letter
Mine still doesnt say anything!

I still havent heard anything! religiously checking my email. Did you get a call or email?
I got an email saying that my admission decision was available in the AY portal. Email sent just before noon today

Anybody get an interview of UNC on January 13 and plan on not going?? lol I got waitlisted for one and I am just wondering if anyone is declining

Anybody get an interview of UNC on January 13 and plan on not going?? lol I got waitlisted for one and I am just wondering if anyone is declining
Im in the same boat. Not too hopeful about getting an interview. I couldnt imagine many people would decline an interview

I’m waitlisted at western. Kind of disappointed but hoping they get accredited for the Asheville location!

I’m waitlisted at western. Kind of disappointed but hoping they get accredited for the Asheville location!
What position are you waitlisted at? I think it is a bit too early to be worried since a lot of interviews and decisions are yet to be made. Wish you the best!!!