This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What position are you waitlisted at? I think it is a bit too early to be worried since a lot of interviews and decisions are yet to be made. Wish you the best!!!
They dont tell you where you are on the waitlist unfortunately.

Members don't see this ad.

What position are you waitlisted at? I think it is a bit too early to be worried since a lot of interviews and decisions are yet to be made. Wish you the best!!!
Yes, I am on of the people who got postponed and could not make it to the 12/15 interview. They are sending out the date for the make up interview after the holidays, so they still have more people to talk to, that’s probably why they waitlisted more people

I also couldn't make the 12/15 interview. It's driving me crazy that we don't have a make up date yet! Especially since I need to get back to other schools by mid January and WCU is my top choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview offer from UNC this morning! Only afternoon time slots left.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone accepted their offer to Western even if they have interviews coming up? I have an interview this week but the deadline to say yes or no to Western is tomorrow. I want to say yes to reserve my spot, but I am not sure yet if I will be attending. Is anyone else having this issue?

Has anyone accepted their offer to Western even if they have interviews coming up? I have an interview this week but the deadline to say yes or no to Western is tomorrow. I want to say yes to reserve my spot, but I am not sure yet if I will be attending. Is anyone else having this issue?
I personally accepted just to be sure. I am not sure if that is appropriate but at least I have a back-up just in case other programs falls apart. but I am hesitant as to how it effects other offers. Plus the interviews for ECU are cancelled so not sure of the delays on the final decisions there.

Does anyone know when the last round of WCU interviews is scheduled?

Does anyone know when the last round of WCU interviews is scheduled?
I called today actually and they said a faculty member is currently out of the country and probably back next week and it will be discussed then.

I called today actually and they said a faculty member is currently out of the country and probably back next week and it will be discussed then.

Thanks for the info! I find that a little odd, actually, that they'd wait so late to do the interviews that were canceled. I feel most have accepted other offers or will be soon.

Thanks for the info! I find that a little odd, actually, that they'd wait so late to do the interviews that were canceled. I feel most have accepted other offers or will be soon.
I know. It's super stressing me out! But I guess with it being holiday time and the school on break, it makes sense.

Last edited:
I'm curious if WCU left spots open or if it is like last year and the last round of people interviewing are automatically placed on the waitlist. I interviewed the day it snowed and have been placed on the waitlist. Anxiously awaiting the day I can email and ask about my position on the list.

Also, did anyone else waitlisted for an interview at UNC get an email for an afternoon interview recently?

I'm curious if WCU left spots open or if it is like last year and the last round of people interviewing are automatically placed on the waitlist.
I feel like that would be incredibly unfair considering that was weather dependent and has nothing to do with who we are as candidates.

I feel like that would be incredibly unfair considering that was weather dependent and has nothing to do with who we are as candidates.
Im just a little confused about how to decided on acceptances this year when everybody hadn't even interview yet. I'm assuming they left a few spots unfilled for the last interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm curious if WCU left spots open or if it is like last year and the last round of people interviewing are automatically placed on the waitlist. I interviewed the day it snowed and have been placed on the waitlist. Anxiously awaiting the day I can email and ask about my position on the list.

Also, did anyone else waitlisted for an interview at UNC get an email for an afternoon interview recently?
I was waitlisted for an interview but haven’t received anything yet. Do you know where you were on the list?

I was waitlisted, but not sure of my place on the list. The email didn't say that they won't tell you what your position is, however, unlike some schools which say they won't. So maybe they will if we ask. Anyone tried yet?

Hi guys - I just declined my interview at UNC. I'll be accepting an offer at another school. Hope that opens up a spot for someone. Good luck!

I just got the interview date for those who missed the December interviews. It says February 2nd and then decisions will be sent out as soon as possible after that

I personally accepted just to be sure. I am not sure if that is appropriate but at least I have a back-up just in case other programs falls apart. but I am hesitant as to how it effects other offers. Plus the interviews for ECU are cancelled so not sure of the delays on the final decisions there.
ECU Interviews are being rescheduled to later in January. Do any NC schools have interviews scheduled for Jan 20th?

People interviewing at ECU - do you think we will have to wait until all the interviews are over to get a desicion? I am concerned I will have to deposit somewhere else before I hear back from ECU

Is anyone who was invited to a UNC interview going to the mixer tomorrow night?

Was just offered an interview from Campbell for 1/26!

Declined my spots at Wingate, Elon, Western, and my ECU interview. Will be attending USC! Hopefully this helps some people

What is everyone's opinion on High Point?
I interviewed there in August and got waitlisted, but at the interview I really enjoyed the faculty and the facility is top notch. It is a definitely a big research school, but it almost seemed too fancy for me. The tuition is crazy expensive and I know they are not accredited yet, but I still think it is a good program overall. I gave up my spot on their waitlist so hopefully that can help someone else out.

What is everyone's opinion on High Point?

Their faculty seemed really amazing and excited about their program as well as the students but everything seemed kind of superficial. At least that is the vibe I got compared to other interviews I was at. They have really nice facilities and the school is absolutely gorgeous and they wanted you to know that they have the nicest things to get you to come there and didn’t really dive into why their program was so great. I think the beauty of the school and how much stuff they had was overwhelming and maybe I did not ask the right things about the program but something about the interview did not give me the best vibe. Hope this helps!

Accepted to UNC!!!! Can’t wait to meet the rest of the class! Beyond excited!

Accepted to UNC! Looking for roommates if anyone is interested!

Accepted to UNC! Looking for roommates if anyone is interested!
Probably going to be finding a one bedroom, but im curious to see where most people live. Im trying to find somewhere close to the hopsitals!

I just got an acceptance call from Wingate on Thursday 2/1! But, I think I am going to decline because I have also been accepted to Elon.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got an acceptance call from Wingate on Thursday 2/1! But, I think I am going to decline because I have also been accepted to Elon.

When did you send in your application for Wingate?!

yayyy also accepted into UNC! Does anyone know how to start a group on Facebook so we can all get to see our fellow future classmates?! I know that's something classes have done in the past!

Reactions: 1 users
Don't know if this helps anyone, but I was accepted to Wingate on 1/9 and declined my offer. Hope this helps someone!

All of their faculty is currently out of town for an annual conference so it will be another couple of weeks

Haven't been rejected nor accepted from WSSU as of now, they sent me an email explaining that they are taking a 3rd look at the remaining applicants (they sent out some rejections/acceptances from the 2nd round).

Haven't been rejected nor accepted from WSSU as of now, they sent me an email explaining that they are taking a 3rd look at the remaining applicants (they sent out some rejections/acceptances from the 2nd round).
I got this email too

Just curious is anybody has heard anything from wingate recently. The last contact I had was in October when my application was under review