NC State University c/o 2023 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone think it’s worth going to the welcome day in March as an alternate for OOS?

Members don't see this ad.

How long does it take for them to review our educational records until we receive further info about our acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
I apologize if this question has been asked already, but does NCSU offer file reviews for rejected/waitlisted applicants?

Last edited:
Hey everyone! congrats to all of you who got accepted. I have a question

I'm looking to applying here this coming cycle because this school is participating in a more "holistic" approach to their applications. Do any of you know how easy it is to claim residency after one year?

Sorry if this was asked already

I apologize if this question has been asked already, but does NCSU offer file reviews for rejected/waitlisted applicants?

They do offer file reviews for IS applicants. I don't believe they will for OOS but I could be wrong on that. I was rejected last cycle and I received an email (maybe it was in my rejection email, I don't recall) with a link to sign up for a file review session. I did mine in April last year.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! congrats to all of you who got accepted. I have a question

I'm looking to applying here this coming cycle because this school is participating in a more "holistic" approach to their applications. Do any of you know how easy it is to claim residency after one year?

Sorry if this was asked already
The residency process is handled by the Residency Determination Service.

I'm a little disappointed that the file reviews for IS rejections will no longer be individualized. Were there too many IS applicants that were rejected to hold individual appointments as in the past? Will there potentially be an opportunity to schedule individual sessions at a later date, after these group sessions if we still have questions about our application specifically? A group session discussing "general parameters" was not what I was (or anyone else I've spoken with) really expecting based on the initial rejection email which mentioned "individual review sessions".

I'm a little disappointed that the file reviews for IS rejections will no longer be individualized. Were there too many IS applicants that were rejected to hold individual appointments as in the past? Will there potentially be an opportunity to schedule individual sessions at a later date, after these group sessions if we still have questions about our application specifically? A group session discussing "general parameters" was not what I was (or anyone else I've spoken with) really expecting based on the initial rejection email which mentioned "individual review sessions".
It has become apparent that the increase in the in-state applicant pool and the nature of the holistic review process makes it difficult for tailored individual reviews. The Student Services Office hopes that a general session will offer assistance for re-applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
The April 15 decision deadline is less than two weeks away.

If you received an offer of admission, please let us know by 5pm today (April 15, 2019) if you plan to attend NC State. Thank you!

Barring any unforeseen changes, the Class of 2023 has been finalized. We thank everyone who applied to our program for the 2019 admissions cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
The Class of 2023 Orientation starts Tuesday, August 6, 2019.

Reactions: 2 users