You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NC State University c/o 2023 Applicants
Started by NCSU CVM
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
aucvm2023hopeful
Full Member
How long does it take for them to review our educational records until we receive further info about our acceptance?
We ask for a reply within 48 hours.If we get pulled off the waitlist, how much time do we have to decide whether or not we accept?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One month out from Open House
aucvm2023hopeful
Full Member
Do we get our first white coat at the welcoming ceremony on the 29th??
You can be fitted for size for the coat on March 29. However, you won't receive it until the White Coat ceremony in August.Do we get our first white coat at the welcoming ceremony on the 29th??
Meerkatnip
New Member
Hey everyone! congrats to all of you who got accepted. I have a question
I'm looking to applying here this coming cycle because this school is participating in a more "holistic" approach to their applications. Do any of you know how easy it is to claim residency after one year?
Sorry if this was asked already
I'm looking to applying here this coming cycle because this school is participating in a more "holistic" approach to their applications. Do any of you know how easy it is to claim residency after one year?
Sorry if this was asked already
I apologize if this question has been asked already, but does NCSU offer file reviews for rejected/waitlisted applicants?
They do offer file reviews for IS applicants. I don't believe they will for OOS but I could be wrong on that. I was rejected last cycle and I received an email (maybe it was in my rejection email, I don't recall) with a link to sign up for a file review session. I did mine in April last year.
The residency process is handled by the Residency Determination Service.Hey everyone! congrats to all of you who got accepted. I have a question
I'm looking to applying here this coming cycle because this school is participating in a more "holistic" approach to their applications. Do any of you know how easy it is to claim residency after one year?
Sorry if this was asked already
I'm a little disappointed that the file reviews for IS rejections will no longer be individualized. Were there too many IS applicants that were rejected to hold individual appointments as in the past? Will there potentially be an opportunity to schedule individual sessions at a later date, after these group sessions if we still have questions about our application specifically? A group session discussing "general parameters" was not what I was (or anyone else I've spoken with) really expecting based on the initial rejection email which mentioned "individual review sessions".
It has become apparent that the increase in the in-state applicant pool and the nature of the holistic review process makes it difficult for tailored individual reviews. The Student Services Office hopes that a general session will offer assistance for re-applicants.I'm a little disappointed that the file reviews for IS rejections will no longer be individualized. Were there too many IS applicants that were rejected to hold individual appointments as in the past? Will there potentially be an opportunity to schedule individual sessions at a later date, after these group sessions if we still have questions about our application specifically? A group session discussing "general parameters" was not what I was (or anyone else I've spoken with) really expecting based on the initial rejection email which mentioned "individual review sessions".
Open House is one week away!
NC State Day of Giving is tomorrow!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Who from here, is going to the welcome reception tomorrow?
The April 15 decision deadline is less than two weeks away.
The April 15 decision deadline is six days away.
If you received an offer of admission, please let us know by 5pm today (April 15, 2019) if you plan to attend NC State. Thank you!
Barring any unforeseen changes, the Class of 2023 has been finalized. We thank everyone who applied to our program for the 2019 admissions cycle.
The Class of 2023 Orientation starts Tuesday, August 6, 2019.