Quantcast

need help in ranking these programs...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goldenboy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi!
how would you rank these programs , and why....
1. Johns Hopkins (sinai) program
2. Howard University program
3. Finch Univ. (chicago)
Thanks!!

Kalel

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would rank them:
Finch>>Sinai>Howard

Out of those three programs, I think that Finch is probably the most academic and will have the strongest rep. Sinai is a community program, but their residents still seem to be able to secure decent fellowships sometimes. Howard has gotten a lot of bad press recently regarding it's financial status and ability to train physicians, so that's why I decided to put it behind Sinai.

mediocre

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow, someone thinks more highly of the Finch/CMS program over a Johns Hopkins program? Has hell frozen over? Sorry, but I'm a Finch/CMS student, and I'm a bit bewildered. Maybe we're moving up in the world. Thanks Kalel. Note from our 2003 match list (thanks biochem) that NO ONE is going to our IM program. I have to say that our school matches pretty decently, so hope that helps our school's reputation. If you want to know more about our program, let me know. Best wishes.

I matched!

Kalel

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mediocre
Wow, someone thinks more highly of the Finch/CMS program over a Johns Hopkins program? Has hell frozen over? Sorry, but I'm a Finch/CMS student, and I'm a bit bewildered. Maybe we're moving up in the world. Thanks Kalel. Note from our 2003 match list (thanks biochem) that NO ONE is going to our IM program. I have to say that our school matches pretty decently, so hope that helps our school's reputation. If you want to know more about our program, let me know. Best wishes.

I matched!

Sinai is a community hospital with private attendings. It's biggest selling point is the Hopkins name. Finch is a university program. I know almost nothing about Finch, but for the most part, university>community. Bayview, the other Hopkins affiliate, may have been more arguable about which one was better (Bayview vs Finch) since it shares a closer affiliation with Hopkins and it's residents tend to do quite well for fellowship placement. Congrats on matching!