Need help with school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nontrad95

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I won't recommend WCU-COM due to high attrition rate and low placement rate this year. ICOM and BCOM don't have federal loans yet, so you'll have to deal with private loans.

I would add:

KCU (both campuses)
CUSOM
ATSU-KCOM
ATSU-SOMA
DMUCOM
LECOM
MU-COM
PCOM (all 3 campuses)
TUNCOM

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Between the upward post bac and decent MCAT I would aim for these..awesome schools
KCU
DMU
KCOM
TUNCOM
PCOM
LECOM (not Bradenton)
RVU
Consider UNECOM (mandatory attendance and dress code)

Drop...
ICOM
BCOM

Reactions: 1 user
I would also comsider adding TCOM or UNT as you live in Texas now and its worth the shot.

Wow, you guys really think I have a shot at KCU and PCOM (main campus)? I was under the impression that they had high stat requirements

I won't recommend WCU-COM due to high attrition rate and low placement rate this year. ICOM and BCOM don't have federal loans yet, so you'll have to deal with private loans.

I would add:

KCU (both campuses)
CUSOM
ATSU-KCOM
ATSU-SOMA
DMUCOM
LECOM
MU-COM
PCOM (all 3 campuses)
TUNCOM

Between the upward post bac and decent MCAT I would aim for these..awesome schools
KCU
DMU
KCOM
TUNCOM
PCOM
LECOM (not Bradenton)
RVU
Consider UNECOM (mandatory attendance and dress code)

Drop...
ICOM
BCOM

Your 3.2 Gpa is obviously low wth these schools averages being 3.4-3.6 but you do have the upward trend in post bac which is strong. You have decent ECs and a MCAT 506 is going to be appealing.

Wow, you guys really think I have a shot at KCU and PCOM (main campus)? I was under the impression that they had high stat requirements
I interviewed at KCU last year, and though I had a high GPAs 3.7+, but being an ESL student I struggled with my MCAT. I had a 500 (after 4 tries), and I was waitlisted, so I'd say you have a chance at KCU. Some people at my interview even had lower GPAs and around the same MCAT. About PCOM, it's a great school, so it's still worth a try, I was only invited for an interview at PCOM-GA last year (I applied to both campuses)

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

I searched
KCU at 3.56 505
DMU 3.61 507
PCOM 3.5 500+ (all they mention?)
TUNCOM 3.48 505

So like I said that 3.2 is a little low, but you have an awesome upward trend 19 cr at 3.9+ and a good MCAT score.
Avoid the DOs you dont prefer and still apply wide, write essays well and get some interview practice.

Gotcha! I'll be sure to go through the schools you two listed! I appreciate it

I suggest:
Any DO school. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide.
All FL MD schools except USF and U Miami.

Do I have a realistic shot at the MD schools in FL? I wasn't even bothering to apply with a 506 and a 3.2 GPA (I am ORM)

FIU FSU and FAU are more reasonable. UCF and USF are getting competitive. UF is hard. UM is a longshot also likely.
Im a FL resident 3.82 507 and doubt ill see any love from anyone except maybe FIU or FAU, maybe FSU and i doubt it but longshot Miami.

FIU FSU and FAU are more reasonable. UCF and USF are getting competitive. UF is hard. UM is a longshot also likely.
Im a FL resident 3.82 507 and doubt ill see any love from anyone except maybe FIU or FAU, maybe FSU and i doubt it but longshot Miami.
Not going to apply to Nova MD?

Sorry I forgot about Nova MD... certainly

Do I have a realistic shot at the MD schools in FL? I wasn't even bothering to apply with a 506 and a 3.2 GPA (I am ORM)

Obviously everyone has their own experiences, but just thought I’d mention mine in the 2016-2017 cycle. I had a 3.5 AMCAS/508, Florida my entire life, and I didn’t get any MD interviews period, including all the Florida schools. A lot of people I’ve met with the same experiences. It’s not an easy state.

Obviously everyone has their own experiences, but just thought I’d mention mine in the 2016-2017 cycle. I had a 3.5 AMCAS/508, Florida my entire life, and I didn’t get any MD interviews period, including all the Florida schools. A lot of people I’ve met with the same experiences. It’s not an easy state.
I think you are right and would not be surprised with silence with a 3.82 507 and silence.
You have to try though, and FL secondary’s are like $30 each... There are a handful of DO programs I would be very happy attending.

I think you are right and would not be surprised with silence with a 3.82 507 and silence.
You have to try though, and FL secondary’s are like $30 each... There are a handful of DO programs I would be very happy attending.

Oh yeah it’s for sure worth trying. Didn’t mean to be discouraging to either of you. Just saying not to put all your eggs in that basket.

A lot of people I’ve met with the same experiences. It’s not an easy state
Yep, same here. Also had a 506 OP, but my GPA was 3.8+. Applied to all FL MDs except for NSU, only got a II from FAU, and ended up WL'ed. It's tough.