New AACOMAS policy for RE-applicants grade replacement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MAF3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you applied through AACOMAS before and were verified, you can NOT take repeat course at a different undergraduate university for grade replacement.

*EDIT* Just to clarify... called back 3x to confirm this (little overkill i know) but this only applies if you use the new carry over feature they have. If you applied before and start a brand NEW application this cycle, you can still grade replace using a different university but it must be before you submit your app

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-26 at 10.01.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-26 at 10.01.10 AM.png
    243.8 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
If you applied through AACOMAS before and were verified, you can NOT take repeat course at a different undergraduate university for grade replacement.

*EDIT* Just to clarify... called back 3x to confirm this (little overkill i know) but this only applies if you use the new carry over feature they have. If you applied before and start a brand NEW application this cycle, you can still grade replace using a different university but it must be before you submit your app

If i was applying this cycle and was not a reapplicant, I think I'd be very upset. This is the type of change that should get an announcement several years before so people can plan for this sort of thing in advance.

If i was applying this cycle and was not a reapplicant, I think I'd be very upset. This is the type of change that should get an announcement several years before so people can plan for this sort of thing in advance.

You mean if you were applying and were a reapplicant?

Regardless I agree. I signed up for summer classes before May and structured my summer around them and if I wasn't able to grade replace I probably wouldn't take them.

Thankfully I'm going to be able to take the classes at a different school but I just have to start a fresh application and not carry over the same one from last cycle. Also I'll have to wait till the finish which will be June 30th so I won't send in my primary till like first few days of July but I don't think that's too late at all.

It amazes me that such a big policy change is literally 2 lines in a huge instruction manual that I'm willing to bet most people don't fully read.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has any else encountered this issue with AACOMAS? I am a re-applicant and prior to utilizing the AACOMAS "Re-applicant Feature" I called to confirm that my transcripts/GPA calculations would, in fact, carry over exactly how they did last cycle. Now after submitting I see that they are counting an F I received in G-chem as well as the retake grade (retaken at a different school)
. I'm a non science major so this really hurts!!!

I am going through it with them right now and I'm hoping that someone can share there experience/whether or not they were able to get this resolved.

I've spent a lot of time and money retaking courses at my university just to replace it from my other college and now they're saying they won't accept it? :uhno:

Last edited:
I've spent a lot of time and money retaking courses at my university just to replace it from my other college and now they're saying they won't accept it? :uhno:
I believe this only applies to people who used the "Re-applicant Feature"

I spoke with the AACOMAS rep today. All he had to suggest was that I call my programs to let them know of the problem.

I did the math... This error caused my sGPA to go from 3.48 to 3.21!!! Ouch!!!

I actually just called them they said they still accept my replacements. ( I'm not a reapplicant).:highfive::soexcited:

I also called them about the rollover feature (re-applicant), and they told me that it is not related at all to the grade replacement. If there are any issues with our calculated GPA, we can easily call them about it.

I also called them about the rollover feature (re-applicant), and they told me that it is not related at all to the grade replacement. If there are any issues with our calculated GPA, we can easily call them about it.
So similar situation as I described above? Retook a course at a different institution than the original attempt?

Jesus christ....we should have seen the warning signs!

Reactions: 1 users