NHSC Scholarship 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Are you applying to the NHSC this year?

• Yes

Votes: 121 62.4%
  • No

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 24 12.4%
  • already got it! :)

Votes: 18 9.3%

• Total voters
I have a good feeling about tomorrow too!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I am hoping for tomorrow as well! However in last year's thread they got counter signatures on Friday, Sep 14, 2018. Not to burst anyone's bubble, but it could be Friday, Sep 13 for us or tomorrow in which case it will be a fabulous start to the week!

Reactions: 2 users
Me: countersigns won't be out till mid September
also me:
Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 10.42.25 AM.png

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an electronic co-signature from J. King at 2:30 PM!

Reactions: 3 users
Got the counter signature!!! has a good feeling about today!!

Those of you who got the countersign today, what field did you apply the scholarship for? Dentistry , Medicine, etc

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't recieved a countersignature yet either..

Last edited:
More countersignatures should be given out within the next few days based off last years thread!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I'm shaking. I haven't received a countersign either. I was part of the 1st round finalist.

I have not received the counter signature either. My heart can't breathe. Jamie King don't forget us.

So there's 10 of us that have not received a counter signature. God willing it will got out tomorrow.

I can't think, type right now. My heart is about to explode!

Last edited:
I haven’t received one either. But I have too many quizzes and tests to worry. Patience is the key.

Reactions: 7 users
I’ve not gotten one yet either. Hoping for all of us to get good news later this week.

just wondering if the countersignature happens by the state (alphabetical order) or last name alphabetical order. Can anyone post the first letter of their last name, I just want to see if their is a pattern and may be those of us with last names from M-Z will get it tomorrow or later this week.

Give me some thing guys so I can sleep tonight!

Reactions: 1 user
Man, I was in class before so I couldn't fully freak out. But now I am freaking out! Let's hope the rest of us get the cosigns tomorrow!

I was in the first round of finalists, last name in first half of alphabet, Dentistry, still no countersignature! Fingers crossed!!!!

No countersignature yet either. Dentistry here and first round finalist

This is way too many finalists without a counter signature- I'm 90% positive that there will be more

Just adding myself here for tracking: Dental, first round finalist and no counter sign today.

The two people that had a good feeling about today got the countersign. Therefore; I have a good feeling about tomorrow. :D
You’re going to get it tomorrow! Sending positive energy your way!

Do you guys have a good feeling about me? Not sure if you guys are my magic 8 ball:eek:

I'm dentistry, in California, my last name starts with a P, and I was in the first round of finalists... Jamie King co-signed me at 2:30pm EST. Hope this helps!

Updating this:

Credit Check: Shown on credit report from "Credco"
1st round - July 15
2nd round - ???
Finalist Notification: Recipients received an email to check portal for an update
1st round - Aug 6
2nd round - Aug 12
3rd round - Aug 20 - phone call before finalist email
Co-signatures: signed by Jamie king
1st round : September 9th @ 2:30PM

First round finalist here too, dental
Also waiting to hopefully hear good news!

Not sure if I should still be hopeful if I never got a finalist notification. Has anyone who wasn’t a finalist get a countersignature?

Also dental, no counter signature. First round finalist.

Medical, 1st round finalist no countersignature. Maybe the 3 people who say they got a counter signature are making it up as a joke. Last year all the countersignatures went out on the same day (Sept 14th) so I really really like really hope this year will be different.

Medical, 1st round finalist no countersignature. Maybe the 3 people who say they got a counter signature are making it up as a joke. Last year all the countersignatures went out on the same day (Sept 14th) so I really really like really hope this year will be different.

Someone on Facebook posted a screenshot, highly doubt it’s a joke. I really think it’s different this year. Scary but let’s keep our fingers crossed!! :)

Last edited:
Dental, first round finalist. Keeping the dream alive peeps!

1st round med finalist, no countersignature yet. Has there been anybody who's a finalist through the med route who received a countersign yet?

Any second or third round finalists received anything?

I'm a first round finalist and have not received a countersignature yet.

Highly likely... can't prove one way or another

I don’t really see the benefit in joking around about it. I’m hoping you all receive good news this week though... because the countersignatures are definitely coming in. Stay positive

In case anyone’s curious, I just checked my contract since it showed up at 2:30 yesterday, and still no countersignature for me.