• Total voters

Dentalgloss

2+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2017
Updating this:

Credit Check: Shown on credit report from "Credco"
1st round - July 15
2nd round - ???
Finalist Notification: Recipients received an email to check portal for an update
1st round - Aug 6
2nd round - Aug 12
3rd round - Aug 20 - phone call before finalist email
Co-signatures: signed by Jamie king
1st round : September 9th @ 2:30PM

dentalsuperhero

2+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Not sure if I should still be hopeful if I never got a finalist notification. Has anyone who wasn’t a finalist get a countersignature?

Sep 9, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Medical, 1st round finalist no countersignature. Maybe the 3 people who say they got a counter signature are making it up as a joke. Last year all the countersignatures went out on the same day (Sept 14th) so I really really like really hope this year will be different.

Dentalgloss

2+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2017
Medical, 1st round finalist no countersignature. Maybe the 3 people who say they got a counter signature are making it up as a joke. Last year all the countersignatures went out on the same day (Sept 14th) so I really really like really hope this year will be different.
Someone on Facebook posted a screenshot, highly doubt it’s a joke. I really think it’s different this year. Scary but let’s keep our fingers crossed!! :)

Last edited:

HailMary_10

2+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2017
Ithaca, New York
Status
Medical Student
1st round med finalist, no countersignature yet. Has there been anybody who's a finalist through the med route who received a countersign yet?

uhds

5+ Year Member
May 14, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Any second or third round finalists received anything?

Jul 25, 2019
Status
Other Health Professions Student
I'm a first round finalist and have not received a countersignature yet.

Thinkthink

2+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Highly likely... can't prove one way or another

Sep 8, 2019
Status
I don’t really see the benefit in joking around about it. I’m hoping you all receive good news this week though... because the countersignatures are definitely coming in. Stay positive

DSchoolorBust202X

Dental College of Georgia (Class of 2023)
Jul 10, 2018
Augusta, GA
Status
Pre-Dental
In case anyone’s curious, I just checked my contract since it showed up at 2:30 yesterday, and still no countersignature for me.

Mar&Add8

5+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
It seems majority of the people have not received the counter signature on Sep 9th. Is any one brave enough to call NHSC to find out?

Mar 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Dental
If you were a first round finalist? What date did you upload your W4 and enrollment verification when you were accepted as finalist/accept your contract? (Like Aug 6-12)

Edit : I am guessing that countersign is happening based on date when you accepted the offer. Like in earlier picture above, the applicant upload the docs in Aug 6th and accepted 3yrs contract.
I completed those docs and accepted the finalist offer on Aug 7th.

Last edited:

IUSDHOOSIER

D1 at IU School of Dentistry
2+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2016
Status
Dental Student
If you were a first round finalist? What date did you upload your W4 and enrollment verification when you were accepted as finalist/accept your contract? (Like Aug 6-12)

Edit : I am guessing that countersign is happening based on date when you accepted the offer. Like in earlier picture above, the applicant upload the docs in Aug 6th and accepted 3yrs contract.
Hoping you're right about that! I was a first round finalist and accepted the offer/submitted documents Aug 12th, but still no countersignature.

Reactions: uhds
Sep 7, 2019
Status
Dental Student
Hoping you're right about that! I was a first round finalist and accepted the offer/submitted documents Aug 12th, but still no countersignature.
You’re not alone, I’m also in the same position. Still holding out hope.
Congratulations to everyone who received the scholarship!

Reactions: IUSDHOOSIER

Dentalgloss

2+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2017
For future applicants:

D1 requesting 4 years of scholarship.
First round credit check, First round finalist.
Low GPA.
Years of volunteer experience and international outreaches.

Good luck to those who are still waiting. My fingers and toes are crossed for all of you! I'm sure it will come soon!!

Reactions: coldicecream
Jul 25, 2019
Status
That is the reasonable explanation that I could come with for right now.
I'll pray for you. Good Luck!
I'm hoping this is true! I was a first round finalist. I still haven't received a countersignature, but I didn't submit my documents until August 11th.

Mar 3, 2018
Status
Medical Student
Hi -- long-time lurker here, med 1st time 4 yr applicant. 1st round Finalist, signed/w4/etc on 8/7.

I downloaded the contract and see a 2:30pm countersignature on that PDF from Jamie King. But the status page still says "Accepted Award -- Under Final Review" as it has for the last month. Just to be clear here -- that's what people are seeing also when they say "countersigned" I assume?

Sep 9, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi -- long-time lurker here, med 1st time 4 yr applicant. 1st round Finalist, signed/w4/etc on 8/7.

I downloaded the contract and see a 2:30pm countersignature on that PDF from Jamie King. But the status page still says "Accepted Award -- Under Final Review" as it has for the last month. Just to be clear here -- that's what people are seeing also when they say "countersigned" I assume?
correct. What matters is the signature.

Reactions: tasha8

Dentalgloss

2+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2017
Updating this:

Credit Check: Shown on credit report from "Credco"
1st round - July 15
2nd round - ???

Finalist Notification: Recipients received an email to check portal for an update
1st round - Aug 6
2nd round - Aug 12
3rd round - Aug 20 - phone call before finalist email

Co-signatures: signed by Jamie King
1st round : Sept 9th @ ~2:30PM
2nd round: Sept 10th @ ~4:30 PM

dentistwannabe95

2+ Year Member
May 9, 2017
Status
Dental Student

i was first round finalist, uploaded everything on Aug 8th. Countersignature yesterday at 4:21 PM! D2, accepted 3 years.

Aug 12, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Be sure to check the actual contract, which you'd download as a PDF. The website still claims I'm under final review, but I have the counter signature. Good luck everyone! Hoping everyone has great success!!