North Carolina DPT interviews (UNC, Duke, Elon, ECU, WSSU)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LetsGetPhysical

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
I want to start a thread directed specifically towards communicating about interview offers and dates for the programs to which I have applied.

UNC, Elon, Duke, ECU, and Winston-Salem State.

Has anyone received interview invitations to any of these programs?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Winston-Salem State does not do interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
I was offered an interview for Elon, but haven't heard anything yet from UNC or ECU.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was offered an interview for Elon, but haven't heard anything yet from UNC or ECU.

Congrats!...May I ask when your application was received by ELON and when you received an invitation?

I have received an interview for Duke for 12/5 and duke sent an email confirming my complete application on 10/13. I haven't heard from ECU, WSSU, Western Carolina, or UNC yet.

I have received an interview for Duke for 12/5 and duke sent an email confirming my complete application on 10/13. I haven't heard from ECU, WSSU, Western Carolina, or UNC yet.
That's great! I'm still hoping for an interview email. I know that in most cases I have until mid-December or even later, but I'm in a difficult situation. This is a second career choice for me, and I am right on the line of my prerequisites expiring. I actually retook A&P I and II this Summer and Fall. If I am not able to get in this year I have to register to retake more credits next year...Not sure if emailing admissions offices is the best way to receive positive results or any for that matter, but its getting harder to resist!

Congrats!...May I ask when your application was received by ELON and when you received an invitation?
They received my application on October 9 and I got an email for an interview on October 19.

Has anybody heard back from Western? I know the interviews are in less than a month and I'd really like to purchase my plane ticket.

Has anybody heard back from Western? I know the interviews are in less than a month and I'd really like to purchase my plane ticket.
Unfortunately I initially chose not to apply to Western and the deadline has passed. Wish I had. Good luck though!

Got an interview request from Western this morning at 9 am. Good luck

Also received an interview request from Western this morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview offer from Elon
Congratulations! When is your interview date?
When did you submit on PTCAS?
Also, if you don't mind me asking, what were your admissions stats? GPA, GRE, Hours, etc...

Out of the NC schools so far, I've only heard back from WCU. Still waiting on the others.

Congratulations! When is your interview date?
When did you submit on PTCAS?
Also, if you don't mind me asking, what were your admissions stats? GPA, GRE, Hours, etc...
It's in late January. I submitted the application on 10/9 but my PTCAS wasn't verified until the end of October. My overall GPA is around a 3.7, prerequisite is around a 3.3 and I have about 170 hours

Just heard back from Elon -
Interview update: Elon: 12/4 WCU: 12/13

Anyone heard back from UNC yet?
I actually called the UNC DPT Admissions office yesterday and got a recording. They aren't taking any individual inquiries about application status updates, and said that any changes would be sent via email.

Duke also said to just keep watching my email. In not especially surprised by these results but had to try! Anyone heard from Duke that was a normal deadline applicant?

I also called Elon. They were actually very helpful. The woman that I spoke to said they have had 886 applicants, sent 132 interview invitations and over 400 rejection letters! Unfortunately, I was not selected in the first round of interview offers, but I am still in the pool for the second round which will be sent in the next two weeks. She said that my GRE score and my display of interest are positive notes on my application (I met one on one with admissions this summer). My overall science GPA is on the lower end.

I think December should be pretty eventful. Good luck to everyone.

I will interview at WCU on 12/11. But I have not heard from ECU. I got a generic email at the beginning of November asking to submit supplemental materials if I had not done so, of which I had of course. Otherwise no further contact has been made. Has anyone heard from ECU?

I am curious of everyone's stats (GRE score, GPA, extra curricular, etc) I applied to UNC, ECU, WCU and Duke (I applied to a bunch of other schools just not in NC). Thinking about applying to WSSU last minute since their application is still open.

Last edited:
I am curious of everyone's stats (GRE score, GPA, extra curricular, etc) I applied to UNC, ECU, WCU and Duke (I applied to a bunch of other schools just not in NC). Thinking about applying to WSSU last minute since their application is still open.
I graduated from UNC Chapel Hill in 2008 with a BS in Biology. That said, keep in mind that this is a second career path for me which has made the application process more difficult, but can also be seen as a positive...I hope!

Undergrad GPA: 3.3
Overall science GPA: 3.3
GRE: 313....159 verbal, 154 quantitative, 4.0 writing

I had 130 hours of shadowing in outpatient, inpatient acute, and inpatient post-acute rehab. After shadowing I was hired as a PT Tech at a large orthopeadic group, currently working about 35 hours/week.
I am an Eagle Scout and had some mixed volunteer and charity work since college on my extracurriculars.

I have taken an exercise physiology course and retaken A&P I and II and received a 4.0 GPA post-undergrad.
My overall and science GPAs are on the lower end. My program specific GPAs is around 3.5.

I just sent my supplemental fee to WSSU last week. I had a meeting with my boss (the head of PT for a very large group) and he shed some light on applying to schools in state. A new grad has the same starting salary whether they went to Elon or WSSU. One year at Elon costs more than the entire program at WSSU. Obviously it's more complicated than that, but I did chose to broaden my application range after that meeting. My top choice is still my top choice, but it's very very competitive.

I have not heard from any of the schools I applied to yet.

I will interview at WCU on 12/11. But I have not heard from ECU. I got a generic email at the beginning of November asking to submit supplemental materials if I had not done so, of which I had of course. Otherwise no further contact has been made. Has anyone heard from ECU?
I just heard back from them about an interview

I emailed Elon yesterday and they said people will be notified by December 18 whether they are receiving an interview, waitlist for an interview, or rejection

You heard from ECU?
Yes! I received the email on 12/2 for an interview for 1/8. They have a deadline to RSVP by 12/7 at midnight. So, if you haven't heard then maybe you'll hear something if more interview spots are available after Monday. Good luck!

Yes! I received the email on 12/2 for an interview for 1/8. They have a deadline to RSVP by 12/7 at midnight. So, if you haven't heard then maybe you'll hear something if more interview spots are available after Monday. Good luck!

Good to know! Thanks so much for the info !

For anyone going to the Western interviews next weekend from out of state, use priceline to book a hotel, got one around 10 miles away for 36/night not bad for the student budget

I also got the email from Western Carolina! So happy to be accepted to this great program!

Got an acceptance email from Elon this morning! Still waiting to hear back from WCU

Hello All,
I want to start a thread directed specifically towards communicating about interview offers and dates for the programs to which I have applied.

UNC, Elon, Duke, ECU, and Winston-Salem State.

Has anyone received interview invitations to any of these programs?

Thank you!

Hey! A little late joining this thread, but just wanted to share info on Duke admissions. I interviewed on December 5th, and was notified of an admission decision on December 11th. I will be attending Duke next fall! However, that was their first regular decision interview date and I know they have more interview dates in January, February, and I've even heard of skype interviews before. Hope this helps!! I also got the Elon email this morning saying that I've been accepted, but I don't think I'll be attending. Awesome program though and I really enjoyed the interview day :) best of luck!!

Hey! A little late joining this thread, but just wanted to share info on Duke admissions. I interviewed on December 5th, and was notified of an admission decision on December 11th. I will be attending Duke next fall! However, that was their first regular decision interview date and I know they have more interview dates in January, February, and I've even heard of skype interviews before. Hope this helps!! I also got the Elon email this morning saying that I've been accepted, but I don't think I'll be attending. Awesome program though and I really enjoyed the interview day :) best of luck!!
What was the interview like at Elon? I have an interview in January, and just wanted to know what to expect. Would you say it was really formal or more relaxed?

Thank you! Im excited that I was invited to interview at Elon. I called and spoke with admissions at Duke today. My application is still under review, which I hope is a good thing. I just did the Academic Update on PTCAS to include my A&P II which is an A (I had to repeat the sequence since it was over 5 years ago!). This will increase my Duke program-specific GPA from the current 3.51...any little bit helps! They did say that they have already accepted around 30 students, but they have a large class size (72). Duke and Elon are both so pricey.
Still playing the waiting game for UNC, ECU, and WSSU.

Just got an email from UNC. I got offered an interview in February!

Reactions: 1 users
Interview at UNC in February as well! Congrats everybody!

Anyone hear from WSSU? For having rolling admissions they sure do take their time..