Nova Southeastern University (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got it thanks. I'm leaning towards a no as well and decided against putting lab work for that question.

I say I don't think so because based on other supplemental apps I've filled out, they usually have one section asking for health-care related activities and another section for research activities and publications. But I also know that NOVA doesn't have the latter as a question on their app, so I don't know but I'd lean towards no.

Secondary submitted!! One of my top choice schools, very excited. Anyone know when they will get back about secondary or any potential dates for interview invites?

Members don't see this ad.

Should I even bother filling this secondary out? They said minimum 3.0cgpa/ sGPA and my sGPA is fine but I'm at a 2.97cGPA....

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Can someone help me out? My primary was verified 6/24 and still have not heard anything from NOVA (not even primary received email). Does anyone have an email for admissions? I searched online but couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance.

Stats: 26 MCAT, 3.85 cgpa, 3.77 sgpa, FL resident

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone help me out? My primary was verified 6/24 and still have not heard anything from NOVA (not even primary received email). Does anyone have an email for admissions? I searched online but couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance.

Stats: 26 MCAT, 3.85 cgpa, 3.77 sgpa, FL resident
Im having the same issue and was verified 6/17. I would suggest calling them directly and asking what the deal is. It may be that the email got caught in your junk folder web (not my case but it was suggested by the representative I spoke to).
I ended up having to make a request through their "help desk" to have the email resent to me. Such an unnecessary delay :(

I submitted my secondary two days ago and received an electronic copy of my secondary from the school this morning. Anybody else experience this as well? I was worried it was an early rejection when I saw the e-mail initially.

I submitted my secondary two days ago and received an electronic copy of my secondary from the school this morning. Anybody else experience this as well? I was worried it was an early rejection when I saw the e-mail initially.
Just got that as well, I sure hope not!

Reactions: 1 user
On the PDF they sent me, my response to "How did you learn about NSU" was cut off significantly.
Did anyone else have the same problem?

Yep. Submitted my secondary 7/7. Got Electronic Copy 7/8. Also got a complete call on 7/8.

I hadn't received mine either and haven't heard anything since applying and I applied a while ago. So I called and they said that my application was labeled as "complete" even though I hadn't completed the secondary app. Now I'm just waiting for a counselor to call me and see what we should do Haha. I would call and make sure the same didn't happen to you

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

i called them and the lady on the phone said to just go to their website and do the secondary even though i didn't get an email...is that normal lol or what happened to you?

On the PDF they sent me, my response to "How did you learn about NSU" was cut off significantly.
Did anyone else have the same problem?
My "jobs during school part" was mostly missing!

When do II normally go out for Nova?

Reactions: 1 users
i called them and the lady on the phone said to just go to their website and do the secondary even though i didn't get an email...is that normal lol or what happened to you?
She told me someone would call me by tomorrow. That was Tuesday and I haven't heard anything. I'll probabky call Monday.

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you speak to Melissa? Same thing with me except there is no secondary on their website, the link to "apply" just redirects you to AACOMAS....

Verified - 7/6
Secondary received - 7/6
Secondary completed - 7/7
Complete call - 7/8

I asked the lady on the phone how long it takes before they decide if they want to interview me or not and she said "It should be about 5-6 weeks."

Keeping my fingers crossed for this school as it is my #1 DO choice. I will update if they decide to interview me. Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Submitted and received a call the next day saying they're missing material from my application (LOR) and to call if I had questions
Is this an automated thing - or should I call and explain to them that the LOR is on the way?

Submitted and received a call the next day saying they're missing material from my application (LOR) and to call if I had questions
Is this an automated thing - or should I call and explain to them that the LOR is on the way?

I called and they said they were missing LOR and a waiver that needs to be filled out and mailed or faxed. I just mailed the waiver today and let them know that my LOR packet is on the way

Don't Risk it ! Call and confirm.

A lot of people have fell through the cracks because of scenarios like this

Hey for those who finished the secondary- I can't seem to find "DO" under the question "what level of education you are seeking...."; the only option for DO is under non-degree special student so I am not sure what is going on?

I didn't get the email on secondary so I called the admission office and the lady told me to go online and fill the app out...

Hey for those who finished the secondary- I can't seem to find "DO" under the question "what level of education you are seeking...."; the only option for DO is under non-degree special student so I am not sure what is going on?

I didn't get the email on secondary so I called the admission office and the lady told me to go online and fill the app out...

I had to do the same thing.. through webstar right? "College of Osteopathic Medicine" should show up as an option after selecting "Graduate/Professional programs" when starting the application.

I had to do the same thing.. through webstar right? "College of Osteopathic Medicine" should show up as an option after selecting "Graduate/Professional programs" when starting the application.

no...I was told to register for a account under NSU...Do u mind telling me which one is it?

Im having the same issue and was verified 6/17. I would suggest calling them directly and asking what the deal is. It may be that the email got caught in your junk folder web (not my case but it was suggested by the representative I spoke to).
I ended up having to make a request through their "help desk" to have the email resent to me. Such an unnecessary delay :(

Don't worry, it is still early in the game! I called the help desk and they sent in a request to review the situation but have not heard anything yet. Did you get the secondary yet?

no...I was told to register for a account under NSU...Do u mind telling me which one is it?

I am in the same situation and still waiting for a reply from the admissions office. But really all you have to do create a new NSU account login info and then use webstar (COM should be under the graduate/prof programs. You can fill out a secondary that way if you have not received an email.

I have not gotten a reply either. I sent an email through their online form. I think I will just create a account. Does anyone have their phone number?

I just got the secondary email...Do you even need to write essays for this? I feel like everything can be answered in one sentence or through point form lol
Thoughts anyone?

Like for how I learned about DO...Do I just answer the question and tell them how I learned it? or do I add things like how I agree with the DO philosophy and all that?

I just got the secondary email...Do you even need to write essays for this? I feel like everything can be answered in one sentence or through point form lol
Thoughts anyone?

Like for how I learned about DO...Do I just answer the question and tell them how I learned it? or do I add things like how I agree with the DO philosophy and all that?

I answered with simple sentences. This secondary isn't much of a complex, lengthy essay-based secondary like most others.

Also... anyone who is curious about the confirmation regarding your app and submissions... You can call this number: 954-262-1101 to get in touch with the Health Professions Admissions office to make sure everything is submitted and received on their end. I just got off the phone with them.

Is anyone having issues with the emailed link to the secondary? Neither it nor the WebSTAR link on NOVA's website will work for me. I'm waiting for a reply from admissions.

Nevermind, it seems to be working now.

Last edited:
How did y'all answer the "level of responsibility" part of the jobs question? Is it like a low, medium, high type deal or...?

Also, did anyone do a post-bac/include the job they had while doing the post-bac?

so can anyone confirm if the secondaries are the same as last year (the ones posted in this group) and what the character/word limit is for each question?

How did y'all answer the "level of responsibility" part of the jobs question? Is it like a low, medium, high type deal or...?

Also, did anyone do a post-bac/include the job they had while doing the post-bac?

I filled it out as if it were a resume with bullet points highlighting what I did.

you guys think 500 words per questions is too much or sufficient?

It doesn't specify on the app so you can write till your heart's content but as stated previously, I would keep the answers pretty brief ie. not essay format.

I received the "application complete call" June 27....should I assume it's a rejection at this point?

I received the "application complete call" June 27....should I assume it's a rejection at this point?

No one has even gotten an II yet - it's only the middle of July. Chill out bro.

Reactions: 3 users
Hello! Does anyone know how to send letters from Interfolio to NOVA? It is not showing up under institution/organization destination? Also, how would I check if NOVA received my letters? Thanks so much.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Hello! Does anyone know how to send letters from Interfolio to NOVA? It is not showing up under institution/organization destination? Also, how would I check if NOVA received my letters? Thanks so much.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I just sent to accomas. I thought this would work?

I just sent to accomas. I thought this would work?

Yes, but I just thought there is a way to send it to the school via Interfolio, so I can be more selective of which letters to send to each schools instead of having all my letters sent to every school.

II just now also!

II.

Booked October 6th. That was the furthest out :/

II! 3.86 GPA and 507 MCAT. Solid EC's. In state

Reactions: 3 users