You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Nova Southeastern University (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017
Started by AlteredScale
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! Did you have your letters in when you submitted?II!!!!!
First one!! Complete on 7/18 so super surprised I was reviewed so quickly.
II
Booked for August 30th! Congrats to everyone else who got II's today. I look forward to seeing some of you there.
Booked for August 30th! Congrats to everyone else who got II's today. I look forward to seeing some of you there.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else's clinical volunteering section get cut off in the application pdf they email out? I'm freaking out, I was confident that I had it in but now I'm thinking I may have accidentally cut it out before I submitted. Should I call the admissions office?
II
Booked for August 30th! Congrats to everyone else who got II's today. I look forward to seeing some of you there.
When was your secondary complete?
When was your secondary complete?
Secondary submitted 6/24
Complete call received 6/28
Lol I don't know, it seems like a lot of people are getting interview invites and the available interview dates are almost approaching september.
This is the first batch of interviews, with the first actual interview in late August.
Oh okay I feel much better now hahaThis is the first batch of interviews, with the first actual interview in late August.
I really hope I get a II for Nova, one of my top picks!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
.
Last edited:
Can anyone comment on the size/complexity of FLL airport? I'm trying to determine if the interview ends at 3:30, I would be able to make a 5:50 flight?
From what I remember, the last hour of the interview day is a campus tour where they stick you in a Nova shuttle and take you around the campus. It's not mandatory, so a lot of people that had to catch flights could leave at 2:30 instead. FLL is only 15 minutes from school, so you should have more than enough time to get through security and all that.
http://www.nova.edu/travel/hotels.html
This part of their website offers better hotels deals than the ones in the email, FYI.
This part of their website offers better hotels deals than the ones in the email, FYI.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ahh so I guess nobody whos completed after the 18th got an II? thats good to hear because I am a little nervous now haha
Do you mean July 18th or June 18th? because I was complete July 8th and I'm still waiting to hear back, super nervous. I think most people that received II's so far were June completes so I'm hoping the next batch will be soon for the early July completes.
I was June complete and didn't get one.Do you mean July 18th or June 18th? because I was complete July 8th and I'm still waiting to hear back, super nervous. I think most people that received II's so far were June completes so I'm hoping the next batch will be soon for the early July completes.
Does having relatives that live in Ft. Lauderdale show ties to the area? Is there anyway to email them talking about this?
I don't think you should email them about that. I'd mention it in the interview, but otherwise it could come off as grasping at straws and otherwise unprofessional.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Congrats on the II. When did you receive the II email? Also when was your secondary submitted.
i got it on friday and sent the secondary early JulyCongrats on the II. When did you receive the II email? Also when was your secondary submitted.
What are the word or character limits for each?I am currently pre-writing secondary so hopefully they do not change too much.
From last year,
1. "How did you learn about osteopathic medicine?"
2. "List any paid employment not including summer jobs, responsibilities, and hours per week
3. "List and briefly describe your health care related volunteer activities since high school."
Does anyone have good contact info for this school? I have emailed 3 different email addresses and also called their main number twice (they just gave me another email address) but still no response! Anyone have any luck contacting this school?
try 954-262-7300 you will probably be on hold for like 10-20 mins, but if u want info for the DO school, when they ask u to press 1,2,3,4 to get to the department, Press 1, then 3, then 5 and ull be connected to a rep from the DO schoolDoes anyone have good contact info for this school? I have emailed 3 different email addresses and also called their main number twice (they just gave me another email address) but still no response! Anyone have any luck contacting this school?
try 954-262-7300 you will probably be on hold for like 10-20 mins, but if u want info for the DO school, when they ask u to press 1,2,3,4 to get to the department, Press 1, then 3, then 5 and ull be connected to a rep from the DO school
I honestly can't tell if you're being serious...
I only had one exchange with them, but the email address that I used was [email protected]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What Cap. Jack said is 100% accurate lolI honestly can't tell if you're being serious...
How long did it take for your MCAT score to show up in the system as "received"? I sent mine to AACOMAS 7/19 and it's still not showing up on NSU's portal.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
100% srs brah, cptnjack dont playI honestly can't tell if you're being serious...
Thanks everyone! Hopefully this works.... 
Anyone else having problems with their letters being delivered to Nova through AACOMAS? They've had everything else for over 2 weeks but still no letters. Every other school has them and they were sent out by AACOMAS 2.5 weeks ago.
Anyone else having problems with their letters being delivered to Nova through AACOMAS? They've had everything else for over 2 weeks but still no letters. Every other school has them and they were sent out by AACOMAS 2.5 weeks ago.
Nova has to download them. If they were submitted after your initial primary app was downloaded, you need to let them know to download again.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I was June complete and didn't get one.
Ditto. Does NOVA do silent screen-outs? I don't think I received rejection e-mails from them either.
I'm having this problem too. I've had them in since July 12. I called them last week and again today reminding them to download my LORs... and the fact that they don't accept Interfolio makes this process even more annoying.Anyone else having problems with their letters being delivered to Nova through AACOMAS? They've had everything else for over 2 weeks but still no letters. Every other school has them and they were sent out by AACOMAS 2.5 weeks ago.
I've been having trouble with them updating my app on their portal with my MCAT. I've contacted them a couple times about it because I keep getting e-mails saying my app is incomplete and they keep not updating it and it's frustrating.
I've been having trouble with them updating my app on their portal with my MCAT. I've contacted them a couple times about it because I keep getting e-mails saying my app is incomplete and they keep not updating it and it's frustrating.
Same.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Anyone have any idea how long the interviews last? Was thinking of doing my flight out at around 7p/8p that night. Not sure if that's a good idea or bad, but it'd save money!
How long did it take everyone to get a completed app phone call/email after submitting the secondary? And anyone have a good email or contact number? or just the number someone posted earlier
How long did it take everyone to get a completed app phone call/email after submitting the secondary? And anyone have a good email or contact number? or just the number someone posted earlier
I submitted secondary 7/14 and got a call and email on 7/15. If you call the help desk with the number posted earlier they'll forward you to the admissions coordinator.
II!
Do you mind sharing when you were complete and possibly stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did you just get it today??
Do you mind sharing when you were complete and possibly stats?
Complete 7/19, 3.42 cGPA, 510 MCAT, OOS 🙂
did you just get it today??
I got it about an hour ago. I also got an email saying to pay for my secondary right before...lol
congrats! I am still waiting...was completed the same date as youI got it about an hour ago. I also got an email saying to pay for my secondary right before...lol
congrats! I am still waiting...was completed the same date as you
Gotcha, I also got an email after I was complete with someone else's name on it...I hope they meant to send me the II 😱 Good luck to you!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 81K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 500
- Views
- 120K
- Replies
- 28
- Views
- 8K