Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Nova Southeastern University (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017
Started by AlteredScale
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
me!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I saw an LA Fitness like 8 minutes away from the school.How are the athletic/fitness facilities at or nearby NSU?
NSU has their own gym, which is pretty awesome! included in tuition as well.How are the athletic/fitness facilities at or nearby NSU?
it's on the main campus and includes free athletic classes, a floor for weight lifting, a floor for cardio, and space for IM sports for those who are into that sort of thing (and have the time!).
I saw the biochem lecture with Tyler and Zach! I thought it was pretty amusing tbh, and your professor seemed super well-meaning but just a bit dry.. but then again, biochem tends to be a bit dry anyway. 😛 goodluck on your anatomy test!I love it here the environment is great and I'm not just saying Florida beach and whatnot since we really don't have time to go out but definitely amazing ... The M2 are super helpful and so are the master students (they took the main sciences classes during their masters so they tutor us the M1)
Btw I saw a few of you on Tuesday some of you dropped by the OPP lecture which was nice Dr. Boesler is awesome and super nice and said hi to some of you ... Another group that was touring with Tyler saw our biochem lecture (sorry u saw that!) People don't like to go to biochem plus everybody is crazy studying for the anatomy test which is coming up on Monday!!!! >.<
Anywho lol nova is awesome and with great resources! 🙂
This is for everybody feel free to PM with any questions don't chat me because it goes to my alerts and I can miss the message ... Ur free to copy and share anything I say to u but I'm just asking for this so I don't miss ur msg 🙂 happy interviewing!
Overall had a great time today!
It was great meeting several of you but Sept 14th can't come soon enough.
It was great meeting several of you but Sept 14th can't come soon enough.

14th?! they told us to give them until the 19th. 😳Overall had a great time today!
It was great meeting several of you but Sept 14th can't come soon enough.![]()
It's not going to be the 14th or the 19th. We'll probably hear back by the end of September. If we're lucky.14th?! they told us to give them until the 19th. 😳
It's not going to be the 14th or the 19th. We'll probably hear back by the end of September. If we're lucky.
hahah why do you say that, you bright ray of sunshine, you? [emoji12]
I'm all too familiar with the "overpromise and underdeliver" aspect of interview decisions. No matter how soon they actually get back to us, it won't be quick enough to satisfy our neurosis. And I also speak from personal experience.hahah why do you say that, you bright ray of sunshine, you? [emoji12]
Who knows. Maybe I will be wrong this time. I certainly hope that's the case.
I'm all too familiar with the "overpromise and underdeliver" aspect of interview decisions. No matter how soon they actually get back to us, it won't be quick enough to satisfy our neurosis. And I also speak from personal experience.
Who knows. Maybe I will be wrong this time. I certainly hope that's the case.
fair enough, we'll hope for the best and try to keep that neurosis in check. (;
Did anybody else get an e-mail saying that a date was missing from their application, and they needed to sign and return some form?
Also is the secondary they e-mail to you afterwards supposed to be password protected? Weird
Also is the secondary they e-mail to you afterwards supposed to be password protected? Weird
Woah, the only communication was snail mail?Got a rejection via snail mail. Oh well! I have one acceptance already and several interviews other places.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Woah, the only communication was snail mail?
Yeah they mentioned during our interview
Acceptances will get email and mail
Wait list and rejects will only get correspondence via snail mail
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
OH! That's post interview?Yeah they mentioned during our interview
Acceptances will get email and mail
Wait list and rejects will only get correspondence via snail mail
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
No, I got rejected pre-interview.OH! That's post interview?
When were you complete? At least they didn't keep ya hanging. I bet it's coming for me soon!No, I got rejected pre-interview.
I was complete in late June. I applied basically first thing. Oh well! haha!When were you complete? At least they didn't keep ya hanging. I bet it's coming for me soon!
I'm sorry 🙁 Snail mail or email?Denied post secondary. This one hurt.
For those who got acceptance or rejections, what was the time frame between your complete call and this correspondence? Trying not to have unrealistic expectations.....
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
14th?! they told us to give them until the 19th. 😳
I just checked my notes and you were right.
September 19th can't come soon enough 😛.
For those who got acceptance or rejections, what was the time frame between your complete call and this correspondence? Trying not to have unrealistic expectations.....
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
First interview Group was this week so none of us have acceptances.
I got the complete call 7/5 and II on 07/22.
Its still really early in the process so I wouldn't worry until at least early November.
First interview Group was this week so none of us have acceptances.
I got the complete call 7/5 and II on 07/22.
Its still really early in the process so I wouldn't worry until at least early November.
Thanks for the info! I only got the complete call on Monday, so I'm not worrying yet, just trying to figure out what to expect for my own (neurotic) peace of mind haha
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thanks for the info! I only got the complete call on Monday, so I'm not worrying yet, just trying to figure out what to expect for my own (neurotic) peace of mind haha
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised!
Annnnnnnnnd rejected via snail mail.
Annnnnnnnnd rejected via snail mail.
Sorry [emoji58] but at least you are getting love from a bunch of other schools !
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Very true! Worst part was my boyfriend opened it when I wasn't home (who does that?) and texted me "Yo you got rejected from Nova" -_-Sorry [emoji58] but at least you are getting love from a bunch of other schools !
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had to google what snail mail was.
Do you happen to remember when you were complete there?Very true! Worst part was my boyfriend opened it when I wasn't home (who does that?) and texted me "Yo you got rejected from Nova" -_-
Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile
Not the exact date, but it was for sure before July. Like last week of June I believe.
Gotcha. You'll get love elsewhere, no worries.Not the exact date, but it was for sure before July. Like last week of June I believe.
Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile
Very true! Worst part was my boyfriend opened it when I wasn't home (who does that?) and texted me "Yo you got rejected from Nova" -_-
Lol that's not cool
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm waiting for Nova to pull the trigger on me via snail mail...
+1
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Not cool. Id be really mad -_-. I already get enough anxiety when I get things from school via snail mail, lol.Very true! Worst part was my boyfriend opened it when I wasn't home (who does that?) and texted me "Yo you got rejected from Nova" -_-
Don't worry, I yelled at him 🙂Not cool. Id be really mad -_-. I already get enough anxiety when I get things from school via snail mail, lol.
I submitted my secondary and all documents late July. I called the school and they confirmed that everything was received, however I am yet to receive any sort of complete phone call or email. Anyone else in the same situation?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I submitted my secondary and all documents late July. I called the school and they confirmed that everything was received, however I am yet to receive any sort of complete phone call or email. Anyone else in the same situation?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Same thing happened to me. I called them because I received an e-mail saying I was missing my MCAT, despite them receiving it a few weeks prior, and they said not to worry, my app was under review.
are we allowed to reschedule our interviews? i don't think the interview website gives us the ability to change the date ourselves.
Got home from vacation and boom rejection from nova sitting on the kitchen counter [emoji28] best of luck to you all!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I submitted my secondary and all documents late July. I called the school and they confirmed that everything was received, however I am yet to receive any sort of complete phone call or email. Anyone else in the same situation?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yep. Spoke with a rep last week and he told me that I should take the fact that I havent heard anything as a good sign, though.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Tough. I'd personally wait, that is if you are consistently testing at your target score.Should I pull the trigger on applying here? I have a 3.42 cgpa and 3.3 sgpa with a 25 MCAT. I am retaking the MCAT on Sept. 10th so I was wondering if I should apply here now or wait till I get my score back and apply here?
Tough. I'd personally wait, that is if you are consistently testing at your target score.
Yea I think that I will probably wait. Alot of people getting post secondary rejections
Should I pull the trigger on applying here? I have a 3.42 cgpa and 3.3 sgpa with a 25 MCAT. I am retaking the MCAT on Sept. 10th so I was wondering if I should apply here now or wait till I get my score back and apply here?
I would agree with the group to wait.
If you submitted in June with that mcat score I could see you getting by to a II with a smaller applicant pool but now it's getting to the MD caliber apps coming in and a 28 equivalent will be required
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Got home from vacation and boom rejection from nova sitting on the kitchen counter [emoji28] best of luck to you all!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hey sorry to hear that but hope you had a nice vacation though! Did you interview and got the letter or just got the letter?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 81K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 500
- Views
- 120K
- Replies
- 28
- Views
- 8K
