NSU Masters of Biomedical Science Fall 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think we apply again! I will probably be doing that. I just hoped to receive a decision back a bit earlier since I am an out of state student and will need to consider the living situation and everything super last min.
If it's any help, I talked to Jen Pierce as well and I'm in the same boat. I applied back in February and still haven't heard anything. But she did say that the semester will be online again!

Members don't see this ad.

As in you need that to get in, or if you don’t have that than the program doesn’t help your resume much
I think they're referring to the linkage details. There are pretty strict criteria to meet in order to matriculate on to the medical school, especially compared to other schools and given that the class size of the medical school is small.

How did they not make it clear that it would be an online program for the semester?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that entrance exams aren't mandatory MCAT/GRE, but would having one help? I have not taken the mcat yet, but I plan on applying for winter 2021. Is it still worth it or should I wait to apply until after I take the exam? I have a 3.54 cumulative GPA and a 3.2 science gpa.

I know that entrance exams aren't mandatory MCAT/GRE, but would having one help? I have not taken the mcat yet, but I plan on applying for winter 2021. Is it still worth it or should I wait to apply until after I take the exam? I have a 3.54 cumulative GPA and a 3.2 science gpa.
Up to you. Honestly depending on how you do, you might be able to matriculate without needing this program

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted into this program without taking the GRE or MCAT and had lower GPAs than you

They do a whole semester of test prep so I would actually wait so you are not paying double for study guides and such!

Spoke to Jennifer Pierce and she said they are still reviewing applications and "aiming to reach the goal of 80 seats" take that with a grain of salt, but I feel like there is hope. Best of luck everyone !

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email stating that I’m a “pending candidate”. Did anyone else received this email?

Reactions: 2 users
I called a couple of days ago and was told we’d hear by Aug 1st. Idk if this decision of “pending” counts towards that
I'm wondering the same thing.... I don't understand how we could recieve an email on Friday saying our app is "pending" and a decision 2 days later... I'm honestly worried.

I declined the offer. Hope this will help someone to get in the program. Good luck!

did anyone hear back from admissions today?

did anyone hear back from admissions today?
No, still waiting. I was trying to see who I can contact to move my start day to winter. If anyone knows a contact please let me know, thank you 😊

No, still waiting. I was trying to see who I can contact to move my start day to winter. If anyone knows a contact please let me know, thank you 😊

I think you can contact jennifer Pierce

Has anyone been able to ask about the “pending” candidate status?

I got the "pending" candidate email as well! I'm no longer going to wait for NOVA. Instead, I'll be starting a program at Rutgers for Fall. Good luck guys!

Reactions: 3 users
Up to you. Honestly depending on how you do, you might be able to matriculate without needing this program
I hope so. Unfortunately, I had a rough couple of semesters due to personal reasons so I have a C in Physics 2 and Orgo 2. I retook both orgo 1 and 2. I'm aiming for DO schools, but I'm worried my stats wont be good enough.

They're really not going to meet their own deadlines? LOL

They're really not going to meet their own deadlines? LOL
“Good afternoon.

To ensure a thorough review of all applicants, the MBS Admissions Committee is still reviewing applications for Fall 2021 matriculation. Consequently, we will continue accepting students after the initial, anticipated August 1 date. You will receive notification once the MBS Admissions Committee has made a final decision about your application. This may occur anytime between now and August 23, 2021. We thank you for your patience as our MBS Admissions Committee strives to holistically review each applicant.”

I received this via email. It also appears that’s at any point you can defer to the winter once admitted.

“Good afternoon.

To ensure a thorough review of all applicants, the MBS Admissions Committee is still reviewing applications for Fall 2021 matriculation. Consequently, we will continue accepting students after the initial, anticipated August 1 date. You will receive notification once the MBS Admissions Committee has made a final decision about your application. This may occur anytime between now and August 23, 2021. We thank you for your patience as our MBS Admissions Committee strives to holistically review each applicant.”

I received this via email. It also appears that’s at any point you can defer to the winter once admitted.
So when does the fall term actually start?

Congratulations to everyone that was accepted! For the rest of us the Fall class is officially full. Does anyone know if anyone in the past ever made it in off the waitlist? I know that’s probably not likely

Congratulations to everyone that was accepted! For the rest of us the Fall class is officially full. Does anyone know if anyone in the past ever made it in off the waitlist? I know that’s probably not likely
Where did you get that information from?

Oh man. If you don’t mind me asking when did you apply? And did you receive this phone call today ?
I applied around mid May and received the call yesterday. I looked through some of the old forum posts and it looks like no one’s made it in from the waitlist before ☹️At least none of the people that posted on SDN

Congrats!! Hopefully you get pulled off the list. I haven’t heard anything which I’m assuming is only bad. Oh whale! Next time! 😊
Thank you and don’t worry I was also told they have until Aug 23rd for final decisions if anyone gives up a spot. So you could still make the waitlist.

I applied around mid May and received the call yesterday. I looked through some of the old forum posts and it looks like no one’s made it in from the waitlist before ☹️At least none of the people that posted on SDN
Thank you so much and congratulations to you don’t lose hope you never know! ☺️

Reactions: 1 users
Don't lose hope. Anything could happen!

Thank you everyone I received a phone call yesterday and I’m accepted! She said they expect a few more seats to open up so fingers crossed for everyone still waiting.

Reactions: 4 users
I still haven’t heard anything. No emails nothing :/
im in the same boat, never heard anything. I ended up doing a different program because I did not want to wait any longer for NSU even though it was my first choice.