NSU Masters of Biomedical Science Fall 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are there any other programs that have a winter/spring term?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did . I am wondering how I can have my recommendation letters and transcripts transfer
You will not need to submit the transcripts or letters of recommendation again, but you will need to submit the essays again.

Reactions: 1 user
You will not need to submit the transcripts or letters of recommendation again, but you will need to submit the essays again.
Hi, I’m also looking to reapply for winter I never got a decision for fall. Did you just apply for winter term pay the fee and speak to /email someone in regards to letters of recs and transcripts ?

Hi, I’m also looking to reapply for winter I never got a decision for fall. Did you just apply for winter term pay the fee and speak to /email someone in regards to letters of recs and transcripts ?
I didn't get an update on my Fall 2021 application, so I emailed the director of MBS this morning because I was also a pending candidate and here is the reply.

Hi Thanh,

Our Fall 2021 matriculating class is full. Unfortunately, our Admissions Committee did not vote to accept you. We are happy to meet with you to discuss how to improve your application if you would like.

Kindest regards,

As for the LOR and transcripts stuff, that was the exact reply from Nikki back in April when I reapply. And yes, I will reapply for winter after I complete the zoom meeting with the director.

Last edited:
I didn't get an update on my Fall 2021 application, so I emailed the director of MBS this morning because I was also a pending candidate and here is the reply.

Hi Thanh,

Our Fall 2021 matriculating class is full. Unfortunately, our Admissions Committee did not vote to accept you. We are happy to meet with you to discuss how to improve your application if you would like.

Kindest regards,

As for the LOR and transcripts stuff, that was the exact reply from Nikki back in April when I reapply. And yes, I will reapply for winter after I complete the zoom meeting with the director.
Perfect, thank you so much! Good luck with your zoom meeting!☺️ Would you mind providing me with the email you used to contact them I emailed the [email protected] and never received correspondence :/

Perfect, thank you so much! Good luck with your zoom meeting!☺️ Would you mind providing me with the email you used to contact them I emailed the [email protected] and never received correspondence :/
That was Dr. Beckler (director) email that I used this morning. But I just checked, for some reason the respond email was [email protected].

and you're welcome!!!

If you are taking any classes or just finished any classes, you should send a new official transcript. You could also update with another letter of recommendation. Otherwise, just keep us posted with anything that you can add to your file.

Good luck,

Karen
I did . I am wondering how I can have my recommendation letters and transcripts transfer
This is what I heard back today

Has anyone heard anything yet for the winter term? I still haven’t received a call about the documents if they have received them or not. I submitted it last week.

Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke to someone today and they said i would have to resubmit everything is that true??

Has anyone heard back for the winter term?
I heard back about 2 weeks ago. They called and let me know that they are starting to go through my winter application. I didn't resubmit anything, just called them in August and asked if I could be considered for the winter and they moved it till then.

Hi guys!

Can anyone please tell me or direct me to where I can find the application timeline/deadline? I'm planning on trying for next winter 2023 but i don't see the application deadline anywhere??

Nikki gave me a call! Accepted :)
Hey! I got accepted for the Winter term starting in January 2022. I was wondering if you could tell me how the program is going so far? How are the classes structured, are they organized, if you stay on top of your work, will you do well? I haven't seen many reviews for the MBS Program and would really like some insight!

Hi guys!

Can anyone please tell me or direct me to where I can find the application timeline/deadline? I'm planning on trying for next winter 2023 but i don't see the application deadline anywhere??
The application is not out yet for Winter 2023! They usually put that application out sometime between June and July! This year there was a problem with the application so it actually came out in August 2021 for Winter 2022. Hope this helps!

Hey! I got accepted for the Winter term starting in January 2022. I was wondering if you could tell me how the program is going so far? How are the classes structured, are they organized, if you stay on top of your work, will you do well? I haven't seen many reviews for the MBS Program and would really like some insight!
Did they call you? Or did you get an email?

hey i got accepted to the biomedical master program does anyone know about this program?

hey i got accepted to the biomedical master program does anyone know about this program?
congrats on getting accepted!! 🤗🤗 do you mind sharing your stats? I’m also planning on applying but my stats aren’t that good so I’m kinda scared lol. I also heard they only accept 30 students for winter which is also stressing me out hahaa

is there a interview process for this program? I was talking to an advisor couple weeks ago and he told me there are interviews? I wasn’t sure if that’s correct.

yes within 2 weeks of filling my application out. ik they only accept 30 students to the winter semester
That number isn’t correct. I don’t think so. I think they accept according to the other numbers that are followed by the overall class.

I'm a current student, feel free to dm if you have any questions regarding the program

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
congrats on getting accepted!! 🤗🤗 do you mind sharing your stats? I’m also planning on applying but my stats aren’t that good so I’m kinda scared lol. I also heard they only accept 30 students for winter which is also stressing me out hahaa
GRE 300
3.2 or 3.1 GPA

That number isn’t correct. I don’t think so. I think they accept according to the other numbers that are followed by the overall class.
Lmao that's what NOVA told me so if you think they told me the wrong info talk to them about it

is there a interview process for this program? I was talking to an advisor couple weeks ago and he told me there are interviews? I wasn’t sure if that’s correct.
There is guarantee interview at the END of the program to MD, DMD, etc

Has anyone picked their schedule yet for the Winter 22 start?

Lmao that's what NOVA told me so if you think they told me the wrong info talk to them about it
Woah woah haha. We are all here to help each other. You sound mad but I’m sorry if what I said was harsh. But thanks for confirming! I was just guessing since I read that in some past admissions posts. Good luck!

Hey guys applied for fall 2022, hows the program? Read some awful reviews and how hard it was.

• Wow
Hi, I am currently applying for the program do you mind telling me your stats?
3.2 cGPA, 3.0 sGPA, no MCAT at the time of application, nontrad with work experience in biotech and clinical research. My stats really don't stand out - I think my essays made the difference! I'd definitely try to talk to current students in the program though, the linkage details in this program were concerning to me last year and led me to choose a different program with better linkage odds.

3.2 cGPA, 3.0 sGPA, no MCAT at the time of application, nontrad with work experience in biotech and clinical research. My stats really don't stand out - I think my essays made the difference! I'd definitely try to talk to current students in the program though, the linkage details in this program were concerning to me last year and led me to choose a different program with better linkage odds.
Thank you so much for your reply, I will try to find someone in the program! What program did you end up going with?

Hist average was 87% for the midterm
Micro average first exam was 74 second was 79
Physio average was 86 for the first exam
biochemistry 74 average on the first exam

you have extra credit for all of ur classes except histology.
test prep is not really class u have weekly assignments

i started in January. U just really need to study hard and everyday and dont get behind. the classes u take are med school classes but a little bit less info i guess sort of
Hi, I was wondering what your stats were when you applied to the program? If you do not mind sharing.

Hi, I was wondering what your stats were when you applied to the program? If you do not mind sharing.
i dont mind
3.2 or 3.1 gpa i dont really remember
gre 300
my stats r pretty average or terrible depending on u look at it lol

thank you for telling me! and lol yeah we are in the same boat as far as stat wise so thats refreshing to hear! how are you doing right now in the program? do you feel like its helping you?