NSU Master of Biomedical science 2020 Fall & Winter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When I last spoke to Nikki, which was last week, she said they hadn't even begun to review applications. Clearly, based on the acceptance of the two people above, they have now, but I don't think you would be wait listed that fast. Have hope!

I hope so. Did you get a email saying that you application was under review specifically
“ I want to thank you for your interest in Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine’s Master of Biomedical Science Program. The Committee on Admissions carefully considers all submitted applications and is in the process of reviewing your application and the applications of other candidates who applied to this program. Once a final decision concerning your status has been made, you will be notified by mail and email.

If you have any questions concerning the program or your intention to attend our program changes, please do not hesitate to contact me. Your interest in our program is greatly appreciated, and we wish you success in the pursuit of your career goals.”

Members don't see this ad.

I hope so. Did you get a email saying that you application was under review specifically
“ I want to thank you for your interest in Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine’s Master of Biomedical Science Program. The Committee on Admissions carefully considers all submitted applications and is in the process of reviewing your application and the applications of other candidates who applied to this program. Once a final decision concerning your status has been made, you will be notified by mail and email.

If you have any questions concerning the program or your intention to attend our program changes, please do not hesitate to contact me. Your interest in our program is greatly appreciated, and we wish you success in the pursuit of your career goals.”
I have not received this yet, though my recommenders just submitted their letters today. I will keep you updated on what happens. Wishing everyone luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got a call earlier today that I got in!! They said they would send an official acceptance through email. Did people who got in get that email right away because I am still waiting on mine? Also I'm from Ohio, so if theres any good housing options you guys know of please let me know! Also, I believe there is a facebook group for this program anyone know what the exact name of that is?

Reactions: 3 users
I got a call earlier today that I got in!! They said they would send an official acceptance through email. Did people who got in get that email right away because I am still waiting on mine? Also I'm from Ohio, so if theres any good housing options you guys know of please let me know! Also, I believe there is a facebook group for this program anyone know what the exact name of that is?
When did you apply and what were your stats?

3.38 gpa
I had a Rec letter from a professor that I SI’d for and another bio professor. I also sent in a 3rd letter that I got from an MD I work with.
I’m not sure if my clinical hours matter as I didn’t send in my resume! If you want to know anything else lmk!
Thanks! Does your university have a pre health committee letter but you still had to send in individual letters? Did you share your MCAT score?

Thanks! Does your university have a pre health committee letter but you still had to send in individual letters? Did you share your MCAT score?
Nope! No test scores were required.

Can those of you who have been accepted post your stats?
I have a 3.4 GPA and 29 on the mcat I took in 2014 when it was the old scoring method. Rec letters were from an ARNP I work with and a professor. I have a lot of research and clinical experience which I mentioned in my essays.

I have a 3.4 GPA and 29 on the mcat I took in 2014 when it was the old scoring method. Rec letters were from an ARNP I work with and a professor. I have a lot of research and clinical experience which I mentioned in my essays.

I’m wondering how you guys managed to fit all this in the 200 word essays. I had to keep cutting mine down. I hope that I showed that I have a ton of clinical research experience, but there is only so much you can say lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m wondering how you guys managed to fit all this in the 200 word essays. I had to keep cutting mine down. I hope that I showed that I have a ton of clinical research experience, but there is only so much you can say lol
I don't think we mention that in the personal statement?

• Hmm
Can you guys that got accepted post your stats? I'm applying with 3.0 and 18AA/19PAT OOS and wonder if I even have a chance.
I applied with a 3.0 as well and now I'm nervous even though they said 2.5 minimum .

Is there a group chat or facebook group for those that got accepted for Winter?

I don't think we mention that in the personal statement?

Right, so I don't understand where people were putting all this information regarding their background. There wasn't even a spot to explain why your gpa was low or anything like that, so I had to slip little bits into the two essays to try and explain without focusing on it (if that makes sense).

I was called yesterday to let me know my application was being sent for review. No email about it yet. I applied with 3.04 gpa, no test scores. I have over 5 years of lab and clinical experience, and my two recommendation letters were from a doctor and a clinical research coordinator.

We shall see what happens!

Right, so I don't understand where people were putting all this information regarding their background. There wasn't even a spot to explain why your gpa was low or anything like that, so I had to slip little bits into the two essays to try and explain without focusing on it (if that makes sense).

I was called yesterday to let me know my application was being sent for review. No email about it yet. I applied with 3.04 gpa, no test scores. I have over 5 years of lab and clinical experience, and my two recommendation letters were from a doctor and a clinical research coordinator.

We shall see what happens!
Do you know where we can submit a personal statement? Do they require one? I didn't find a "submit your personal statement" or "write your personal statement here" box anywhere.

Do you know where we can submit a personal statement? Do they require one? I didn't find a "submit your personal statement" or "write your personal statement here" box anywhere.
When you complete the application, it will ask you for supplemental documents. That is where you will request LoRs, submit two essays that are 200 words, transcripts, etc., but there isn’t a personal statement submission. I guess they rely on your LoRs.

I hope my stats bring some of y’all hope I didn’t have very impressive grades I have a 2.8 gpa and a 2.6 science gpa as you can see by my user name I’m in the dental side what I did do was ALOT of post Bach classes to get my gpa to the 2.8 and 2.6 but I literally aced every class that upwards trend might’ve been something they considered when accepting me

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
So according to my email, I do have a mail of sort from NSU coming today not sure if it’s acceptance or denial

• Hmm
To your actual house?
Yeah it’s from enrollment services but I’m not entirely sure what in the mail cause I haven’t received the call to say I’ve been accepted either. So I’m not sure.

I also got an email Monday saying my application was being pushed for review! No word after that. However, I just added my essays last week. I’m a little nervous I missed the window & am going to be waitlisted again.. guess we’ll see! Congratulations to everyone who got in!

Has anyone heard anything new from Nikki? Besides from the email that our application are under review?
I also got an email Monday saying my application was being pushed for review! No word after that. However, I just added my essays last week. I’m a little nervous I missed the window & am going to be waitlisted again.. guess we’ll see! Congratulations to everyone who got in!

They didn't transfer over you essays from last semester application? I was waitlisted as well but when I reapplied to Winter 2021 my essays were transferred.

So according to my email, I do have a mail of sort from NSU coming today not sure if it’s acceptance or denial
I received this mail today. It said the same thing as the email.

Where do we write our essays? I seriously searched all over the application but there wasn't anywhere to submit a personal statement or any type of essay. Am I overlooking something here? Do I have to submit my application and pay before I can write the essays?

Well when I reapplied I realized my essays from the last cycle were absolute trash lol so I wrote new ones. I still haven’t heard from Nikki. I sent her an email and left a voicemail. She’s probably getting slammed this week, hopefully she gets back with us soon though.
Has anyone heard anything new from Nikki? Besides from the email that our application are under review?

They didn't transfer over you essays from last semester application? I was waitlisted as well but when I reapplied to Winter 2021 my essays were transferred.

I think there was a place to submit them under ‘supplemental items’ , it was under another tab. I do remember seeing it after I submitted my application and paid the fee. I’m not sure if you could upload the essays before that or not. But, I actually emailed my essays to Nikki. She said that was okay so you can just email yours to her also!
Where do we write our essays? I seriously searched all over the application but there wasn't anywhere to submit a personal statement or any type of essay. Am I overlooking something here? Do I have to submit my application and pay before I can write the essays?

I think there was a place to submit them under ‘supplemental items’ , it was under another tab. I do remember seeing it after I submitted my application and paid the fee. I’m not sure if you could upload the essays before that or not. But, I actually emailed my essays to Nikki. She said that was okay so you can just email yours to her also!
Thank you! That's one less thing to worry about now.

Did you guys find any promo codes for the application fee?

Also can we send in our transcripts electronically or do they have to be physically mailed?

You are correct. I paid the application fee after submitting my application and now I can see the 2 essays we have to submit. I don't think the personal statement is mandatory though.

You are correct. I paid the application fee after submitting my application and now I can see the 2 essays we have to submit. I don't think the personal statement is mandatory though.

No, it isn't mandatory, but depending on your situation, it could benefit you.

Hello everyone Has anyone gotten in besides the ones that got in on Monday?

Do you guys know if the 200 word count is the maximum? Seems really short...

Hey! I made a GroupMe for members that have been accepted. Here is the link.

let me know if this works!

Hey! I made a GroupMe for members that have been accepted. Here is the link.

let me know if this works!

I hope to be a part of this, still waiting to be accepted!

Reactions: 1 users