Quantcast
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pepi

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hey Guys!

I'm currently a senior in college and I'm planning to apply to Occupational Therapy school in 2017 for the Fall 2018 cycle. I'm a little concerned about my prerequisite courses/GPA and hours. I'm extremely nervous/anxious because I know OT school is extremely difficult to get into.

I've taken most of my prerequisite courses and received A's in them. However, I am in A&P I and am taking A&P II this upcoming spring semester. I am nervous I will be receiving a B+ in A&PI . If I were to receive an A- or A in A&PII would I still be considered "competitive" to schools? I'm just super nervous because I know the A&P courses are looked at a lot. If I do receive a B+ in A&PI should I retake the course to try and get an A?

My overall GPA so far is a 3.89

I also will have around 100 hours completed by the end of May 2017. 50 from a hand therapy facility and 50 from a pediatric facility.

What are other things I can do to strengthen my application?

These are the schools I'm looking into:

NYU, Columbia, SUNY Downstate, FGCU, UF, University of Puget Sound, Stockton University, Kean University, and University of Washington.

Thank you!

FutureKidOT

Reaction score
We have very similar stats! I have a 3.88 GPA and got a B in A&P I and A in A&P II. I applied to three schools and so far I've gotten an interview at one. I think you'll be just fine :)

Pepi

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
We have very similar stats! I have a 3.88 GPA and got a B in A&P I and A in A&P II. I applied to three schools and so far I've gotten an interview at one. I think you'll be just fine :)
Congrats on getting an interview! Where did you apply?

CAOT

Reaction score
Don't stress too much about a B or B+. I don't think that's a deal breaker. Do well on your GREs, gather some good "softs" (ob hours, leadership, work experience hopefully related to OT), and write a genuine, thoughtful PS.
Apply broadly and apply early. You should be just fine!

Last edited: