OCT 18 2008 PCAT thoughts and results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
T

Tatodotcom

wow, im def. glad i took it i now know what to study for and expect, and time is a whole nother issue....man that was tough

verbal-******ed, were those words in english??!?!?
bio-not bad at all, very few anatomy which was good cause i havnt had it yet
chem-freakin OCHEM exam, which im currently in...it was ok, time hurt
reading- not bad, couple of broad questions that i swear had multiple right answers..
math-not bad at all, EXCEPT FOR TIME! the problems were easy but i was on questions 28 and we had 5 mins left! i was getting everyone right though..i reallly need to time myself better

essays-who cares? they werent bad though

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know approximately when I could get my scores in South Carolina if my last name starts with G?

Ask this guy:

Negrodamus.png

Members don't see this ad :)
One of my schools emailed me today. They said they could not review my application until PCAT scores arrived. PharmCAS has received my PCAT scores, but has not yet relayed them to my schools presumably.

NOTHING!!!! hum maybe tomorrow or Friday:confused:
Anybody get some good news today???

Hey. this is my first time on here. I guess im nervous about my scores. i studied for the oct test since may for about 3 hrs a day during the week and maybe 4-5 on wknds..i did ok on the practice test..missing about 8 on each section and some of them were stupid mistakes..I feel like I did ok on the test. the math section i know i bombed it..it was terrible experience..every other section i felt good about..im glad quant was towards the end bc if it was first i wouldve cried the rest of the test.....if i at least receive a 70 i am debating if i should retake it..i graduated in 2007 and my gpa is a 3.8....I know a score of a 70 would be settling but will my gpa pull me thru?? sigh i dont know..i just want to wait to be over and done with.

No results. My dad normally checks the mail and puts it on the table. I woke up and looked on the table and there's this big envelope. I got excited and ran for it and flipped it over, and it's a stupid health insurance information packet. :p

Where are our scores being sent from? One central location or do you think different places around the US?

No results. My dad normally checks the mail and puts it on the table. I woke up and looked on the table and there's this big envelope. I got excited and ran for it and flipped it over, and it's a stupid health insurance information packet. :p

lol:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my scores today! I am in maryland. This was my first time taking the pcat. I did well on verbal and bio but unfortunately not so hot in the other sections. can anyone tell me what are considered competitive subscores?

thanks!

really?? wow. Has anyone in texas received their scores yet? I live in SC and I have not yet.

Usually composite scores ranging from 70-80's are fairly competitive. However, every school is different.

Where are our scores being sent from? One central location or do you think different places around the US?

Yes the scores are sent from Texas to Maryland. In Maryland the PCAT mailman drops them one by one to each person in the state. Then all the scores are sent to Virginia. This process continues until each state recieves their scores.

Just to let everyone know, I got my scores today. I live in Los Angeles. It was mailed out on Oct 18th and I got the scores this afternoon. My last name starts with an S, so I'm not too sure if it was mailed out alphabetically. yay for an 80 composite, :laugh:. hopefully you'll get ur scores soon!!

Got mine today. I live in Arkansas, last name begins with B.

Just to let everyone know, I got my scores today. I live in Los Angeles. It was mailed out on Oct 18th and I got the scores this afternoon. My last name starts with an S, so I'm not too sure if it was mailed out alphabetically. yay for an 80 composite, :laugh:. hopefully you'll get ur scores soon!!

I call BS on that :laugh:

Im from Los Angeles too, but still haven't received mine :confused: and my last name starts with a T. I hope its not lost. I guess another day then.

I received my scores today. I live in Oklahoma and my last name starts with P.

Verbal: 82
Biology: 99
Reading Comprehension: 85
Quantitative Ability: 45
Chemistry: 72

Composite 92

Convent. of Lang.: 3.0
Problem Solving: 3.0

Quant killed me, but I am so happy that the rest of the test went well. I never want to take the **** thing again.

I just got my scores today, I live in Green Bay and my last name begins with L.

Verbal: 92, easy
Biology: 61, better than I expected honestly
Reading: 89, I'm disappointed in this one
Quant: 78, there just isn't enough time
Chem: 67, thought I'd done MUCH better than that
Composite: 84, overall, I want to do much better
Writing: 3/3

I went into Oct 18ths PCAT with 0 studying done...... random spur of the moment thing that I decided to take.

Verbal - 86%
Bio - 45% :(
Reading Comp - 63%
Quantitative - 88%
Chem - 84% (I thought I got murdered, literally guessd on half)
Comp - 80%

Writing 3/3

I wish I applied places this year. I didnt bother since I thought my PCAT score would be **** and it was literally spur of the moment.

surface, don't worry man. I didn't for this one either, but I felt so calm takin the exam so at the end I thought I did well cuz I wasn't pressured and finished the majority of the exam. I didn't have any bio background either man haha. Don't get down, you probably did better than I did.

surface, don't worry man. I didn't for this one either, but I felt so calm takin the exam so at the end I thought I did well cuz I wasn't pressured and finished the majority of the exam. I didn't have any bio background either man haha. Don't get down, you probably did better than I did.

Im not down. I was expecting a 60% on it. I literally thought I bombed it. Im pretty happy. Im not surprised at my low bio score, I hate every bio class I have ever taken and memorzing copious amounts of bull****

Im only upset because Marylands deadline is Dec 1st and it was my first choice... since I go to UMD- College Park

That blows man, I'm gonna apply to 2 schools this year and then like 4 next year if I dont get in this year. Still wondering why I haven't got my scores...

That blows man, I'm gonna apply to 2 schools this year and then like 4 next year if I dont get in this year. Still wondering why I haven't got my scores...

nah. 0 studying + last minute deciding to take it + getting a competitive score = celebrating with a huge bowl tommorow. :D:D

yea...it doesnt seem like it is alphabetical since my last name begins with a Y and it says it was mailed on the 18th

Got my scores today too, from Los Angeles. Last name starts with a V. Maybe they sent it early to me this time to try to make up for me getting my Aug. scores a week before my Oct. test.
My math score went down 30 points :eek: and Chem went down a lot too, but Bio increased. Overall, I gotta register for Jan. test and study this time!! :rolleyes:

I am in Maryland. Last name starts with Y.
I received my score today.

I did too bad. No pharmacy school for me this year.

Def Next year!!!!

Good luck everyone~~ Be patient.

I live in Cincinnati, Last name starts with a D, and no scores for me yet......last time I got mine on a Monday. But I did get a black friday ad in the mail! At least I can do some Christmas shopping planning:laugh:

No PCAT score yet..I'm in St. Louis, MO and my last name begins with a B. But when I emailed Harcourt, they said they did mail out the scores on Tuesday, and then yesterday. I would think I should have something at least by Saturday?...

Hmm...Will I have a happy weekend? Only time will tell!!!!!!

I live in Cincinnati, Last name starts with a D, and no scores for me yet......last time I got mine on a Monday. But I did get a black friday ad in the mail! At least I can do some Christmas shopping planning:laugh:

so i live in texas and i got my scores today!! and its not a good score...now im trying to find out whats next to do...

verbal: 416/73--i thought i did good
Biology: 421/ 80--thought i did good too:(
Reading: 397/ 40 <<<<i feel stupid
Quant: 402/62<<< i knew i bombed it
Chemistry: 411/62--i thought it was okay
Composite: 409/62--my first time taking it! and its a big upset:(:mad:

I got a BS in 2007 and graduated with a 3.84 GPA! So much for feeling smart!

I guess im not meant to be a test taker cuz the MCAT kicked my butt twice and now the PCAT AND I ACTUALLY STUDIED FOR IT...so much for wasting the last 5 months.. sigghh is it even worth applying..i know i have to retake it but some schools dont even take january pcat!! sigghhh

so i live in texas and i got my scores today!! and its not a good score...now im trying to find out whats next to do...

verbal: 416/73--i thought i did good
Biology: 421/ 80--thought i did good too:(
Reading: 397/ 40 <<<<i feel stupid
Quant: 402/62<<< i knew i bombed it
Chemistry: 411/62--i thought it was okay
Composite: 409/62--my first time taking it! and its a big upset:(:mad:

I got a BS in 2007 and graduated with a 3.84 GPA! So much for feeling smart!

I guess im not meant to be a test taker cuz the MCAT kicked my butt twice and now the PCAT AND I ACTUALLY STUDIED FOR IT...so much for wasting the last 5 months.. sigghh is it even worth applying..i know i have to retake it but some schools dont even take january pcat!! sigghhh

Well that leaves one more good grade for someone else.

I'm from San Jose California. Got my scores today, so did some friends of mine in SD.

3/3 writing

verbal: 393
Biology: 425
Reading: 415
Quantitative: 420
Chemistry: 408
Composite: 412 --> 67%

Eh....

I got my scores today too, live in Texas. They were not good. It was my first time taking it but I still studied a lot so it kind of sucks!! I got a composite of 60%, is this score considered like really horrible??? I know it isnt that great, but do you think it could get me an interview at some schools in Texas. I have over a 3.7 GPA and lots of pharm experience!! Anyone think I have a shot to get in Texas schools, if so which one?? I would retake but most schools wont even accept Jan scores and I'm gonna apply this year anyway! Some advice would be great??!!!!