OCT 18 2008 PCAT thoughts and results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
T

Tatodotcom

wow, im def. glad i took it i now know what to study for and expect, and time is a whole nother issue....man that was tough

verbal-******ed, were those words in english??!?!?
bio-not bad at all, very few anatomy which was good cause i havnt had it yet
chem-freakin OCHEM exam, which im currently in...it was ok, time hurt
reading- not bad, couple of broad questions that i swear had multiple right answers..
math-not bad at all, EXCEPT FOR TIME! the problems were easy but i was on questions 28 and we had 5 mins left! i was getting everyone right though..i reallly need to time myself better

essays-who cares? they werent bad though

Members don't see this ad.

I got my scores today too, live in Texas. They were not good. It was my first time taking it but I still studied a lot so it kind of sucks!! I got a composite of 60%, is this score considered like really horrible??? I know it isnt that great, but do you think it could get me an interview at some schools in Texas. I have over a 3.7 GPA and lots of pharm experience!! Anyone think I have a shot to get in Texas schools, if so which one?? I would retake but most schools wont even accept Jan scores and I'm gonna apply this year anyway! Some advice would be great??!!!!

No problem man. Like i said when you get a bad score you help someone else.

I did not get mine yet...last name starts with J and I live in GA. Oh goodness I cannot WAIT until this work day is over so I can check my mail!!! :scared::soexcited::scared::soexcited::scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I did not get mine yet...last name starts with J and I live in GA. Oh goodness I cannot WAIT until this work day is over so I can check my mail!!! :scared::soexcited::scared::soexcited::scared:

hey i see you're in atl...where do you go to school and work? im from sandy springs but im a soph. down at ga southern. I have not received my scores yet

I'd be happy with just getting my damn results. /:beat:

No scores yet here in Florida - But we always get **** done last here, i,e votes and crap. / :boom:

Tucson Arizona, NOTHING again Nothing OMG, I am not checking the mail again till next month!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(

Im in Montana, so i'll probably have to wait a long time. I'm not expecting it today, but it MIGHT come.

Can someone post a pic of what the results look like? Or the envelope at least lol? And is there a guide included in the envelope that has an example of how to read the scores? I certainly hope not. I just want to rip open the envelope and zoom in on my composite and would hate to zoom in on an example score that shows a 99%. I'd die on the inside.

:bullcrap:

Members don't see this ad :)
got mine today !! composite of 65% . I'm ecstatic !! I know its lower than other people on the forum but coming from a 28% my first time taking it, thats a big improvement. My

could someone tell me what their scaled score of 415 earned a percentile of?

norms went WAY up from last time i took it (january 08),this is ridiculous.

so my grade went down the 2nd time around..i'm pissed. and my motivation just flew right out the door. wooooooop, there it goes.

could someone tell me what their scaled score of 415 earned a percentile of?

norms went WAY up from last time i took it (january 08),this is ridiculous.

so my grade went down the 2nd time around..i'm pissed. and my motivation just flew right out the door. wooooooop, there it goes.

416 is 73%

No problem man. Like i said when you get a bad score you help someone else.

People like you need to get screened out of the health profession. Feeding off of or being happy about someone else's misfortune is just plain disgraceful.

So some schools in Texas recieved my scores but I didn't. I'm not sure if I can handle not getting them tomorrow.

Got my scores in today! 85 comp!! I'm so stoked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My score increased 12 points from the August exam.

Texas resident.

Got mine today! I'm in NJ.

Verbal 69/413
Biology 84/425
Reading 58/408
Quantitative 91/438
Chem 47/401
Comp 76/417

3/2.5 for writing

I'm happy considering that I hadn't take OChem, Anatomy, or Micro.

Last edited:
I got a 47. I helped alot of people out :D . First time taking, haven't taken OChem, Bio, and barely studied. Retaking in January. I was also on about 4 hours of sleep which won't happen next time.

I just got my results, first try

Verbal: 78
Biology: 84
Reading: 70
Quant: 50
Chemistry: 62
Composite: 73

Writing: 3/3

Not too shabby I guess, considering I literally had to guess in half of the math and chemistry sections. Planning to take it again in January.

Is it true if you tank even one section of the PCAT that schools won't consider you at all, even if your overall composite is still good?

Is it true if you tank even one section of the PCAT that schools won't consider you at all, even if your overall composite is still good?

I think it depends on the school. Some schools have a minimum composite score, while others have a minimum score for each section.

My parents actually got my scores b/c i didn't remember my address up here at the time.

91% :) (FL w/ a last name of T)

First time taking in June:
Verbal 386 26%
Biology 396 40%
Reading Comp 407 57%
Quantitative 432 87%
Chemistry 408 58%
Composite 406 56%
essays 3/3

I was depressed and pissed off especially at my reading comp since I always hit like 80%+ on ALL practice tests so I study like crazy and take it again....

October:
Verbal 413 69% (much better)
Biology 405 56%
Reading Comp 387 25% (WTF happened here? I thought I destroyed RC!)
Quantitative 438 91%
Chemistry 429 84%
Composite 414 71%
essays 3/3

My goal was to get above 50% on them all, but reading comp had to magically destroy me... even though it's usually similar to my quantitative... I most likely won't get into anywhere with such a terrible reading comp, so still pissed off. I hate this stupid test.

I love how I study a lot more on reading comp and IT DROPS 32%!!!

Does anyone honestly think I should take this test again? Or should I just apply with what I have? no degree, 3.15 cumulative, 3.0 science. All of my pre-reqs are completely finished.

Last edited:
Woo!

I've been waiting with bated breath. They came today!

I'm glad; I did well. I wish everyone else the best of luck!

Verbal 462/99th
Biology 484/99th
Reading Comprehension 445/95th
Quantitative Ability 447/95th
Chemistry 452/96th
Composite 458/99th

Writing 3/3

Finally, it's over.

Woo!

I've been waiting with bated breath. They came today!

I'm glad; I did well. I wish everyone else the best of luck!

Verbal 462/99th
Biology 484/99th
Reading Comprehension 445/95th
Quantitative Ability 447/95th
Chemistry 452/96th
Composite 458/99th

Writing 3/3

Finally, it's over.

:wow: Those are very impressive! What books did you use to study and how did you study? My scores
Verbal 393/36th
Biology 421/80th
Reading 401/47th
QA 423/78th
Chemistry 425/80th
Composite 413/69th
Writing 2/2

First time taking it. Going to retake in January.:scared: I live in Phoenix by the way.

:wow: Those are very impressive! What books did you use to study and how did you study? My scores
Verbal 393/36th
Biology 421/80th
Reading 401/47th
QA 423/78th
Chemistry 425/80th
Composite 413/69th
Writing 2/2

First time taking it. Going to retake in January.:scared: I live in Phoenix by the way.

I used the Kaplan book. I just read through it once, didn't do any of the biology problems, but I read through them. After that, I did three of the Cliff's Notes practice tests. I also did both the Pearson tests. Yay.

Scores arrived today. I didn't do so great...worst news for me was the chem section, I thought I had it aced.

Verbal 69
Biology 76
Reading 85
Quantitative 59
Chemistry 80
Writing 3/3

Composite 79 :thumbdown:

i know a few people that made a 3 composite on the pcats, that surely helped us all out.

I made a 70 comp. ..def planning to retake it in jan.

June 08/Oct 08

VA 51-->50
Bio 53-->71
R.C. 57-->89
Q.A. 36-->54
Chem 42-->27 (ouch)

Composite 45-->62:)

I just wanted a 60 or above... the 17percent improvement was nice. I'm pleased!