-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official 09-10 IM Rank List Thread
Started by Gas4YoFace
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
i'm sure this will be an interesting thread.. so here's mine:
1. BWH
2. WashU
3. Columbia
4. UMich
5. UChicago
6. CCF
7. OHSU
1. BWH
2. WashU
3. Columbia
4. UMich
5. UChicago
6. CCF
7. OHSU
Couples matching. We changed our #1 15 minutes before the list closed. Couples rank lists sooooo much more difficult to order.
1. Cedars Sinai
2. Wash U
3. U Colorado
4. UTSW
5. UAB
......and on and on.
1. Cedars Sinai
2. Wash U
3. U Colorado
4. UTSW
5. UAB
......and on and on.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Couples rank lists sooooo much more difficult to order.
Agreed. Also couples matching:
1. UCSF
2. BWH
3. UCLA
4. Michigan
5. Mayo Clinic
6. BIDMC
7. UW
8. OHSU
9. Wash U
1. MGH
2. UCSF
3. Columbia
4. UPenn
5. Cornell
6. BIDMC
7. Wash U
8. Mt. Sinai
9. Stanford
10. Yale
11. Duke
12. NYU
2. UCSF
3. Columbia
4. UPenn
5. Cornell
6. BIDMC
7. Wash U
8. Mt. Sinai
9. Stanford
10. Yale
11. Duke
12. NYU
1. BIDMC
2. Tulane
3. NYU
4. Jackson Memorial Hospital
5. Montefiore
6. GWU
2. Tulane
3. NYU
4. Jackson Memorial Hospital
5. Montefiore
6. GWU
1. Pitt
2 .BIDMC (only because of location and opportunities - if I had to rank the program for "what it is" - it would not be in my top 5)
3. BU
4. UCSD
5. Vanderbilt
6. Mayo - Rochester (location brought it lower down on the list; the program is fantabulous)
7. Baylor College of Medicine
8. UAB (7 and 8 are in that order because of location - UAB is a kick-ass IM residency program).
9. UIowa
2 .BIDMC (only because of location and opportunities - if I had to rank the program for "what it is" - it would not be in my top 5)
3. BU
4. UCSD
5. Vanderbilt
6. Mayo - Rochester (location brought it lower down on the list; the program is fantabulous)
7. Baylor College of Medicine
8. UAB (7 and 8 are in that order because of location - UAB is a kick-ass IM residency program).
9. UIowa
...
Last edited:
1. Mt. Sinai
2. Northwestern
3. Vanderbilt
4. Pitt
5. Cedars Sinai
6. UAB
7. Ohio State
8. Temple
9. UT-Houston
10. UF-Gainesville
2. Northwestern
3. Vanderbilt
4. Pitt
5. Cedars Sinai
6. UAB
7. Ohio State
8. Temple
9. UT-Houston
10. UF-Gainesville
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Couples matching...
1. Duke
2. BWH
3. MGH
4. Hopkins
5. U Michigan
6. UCSF
7. Stanford
8. UCLA
damn. power couple.
1. Vanderbilt
2. Columbia
3. Duke
4. BCM
5. WashU
6. UTSW
7. Emory
8. Case
9. UT Houston
2. Columbia
3. Duke
4. BCM
5. WashU
6. UTSW
7. Emory
8. Case
9. UT Houston
Fingers crossed!!
Last edited:
1. Columbia
2. BWH
3. Cornell
4. Mt. Sinai
5. MGH
6. BIDMC
7. Duke
8. Yale
9. NYU
10. Northwestern
2. BWH
3. Cornell
4. Mt. Sinai
5. MGH
6. BIDMC
7. Duke
8. Yale
9. NYU
10. Northwestern
Damn. All of you guys must have stellar stats.
I'm surprised that some of you only ranked 5 programs, especially with all 5 programs being competitive and top-notch. Isn't 5 still a little risky?
I'm surprised that some of you only ranked 5 programs, especially with all 5 programs being competitive and top-notch. Isn't 5 still a little risky?
Along a similar vein...seriously you people are all way too smart. Every rank list is dizzying clone of top programs...
Any normal people out there? Help diversify this thread a bit...
Any normal people out there? Help diversify this thread a bit...
Damn. All of you guys must have stellar stats.
I'm surprised that some of you only ranked 5 programs, especially with all 5 programs being competitive and top-notch. Isn't 5 still a little risky?
FWIW...I only listed my top 5....
Last edited:
Along a similar vein...seriously you people are all way too smart. Every rank list is dizzying clone of top programs...
Any normal people out there? Help diversify this thread a bit...
It's just publication bias going on.
It's just publication bias going on.
Agreed.
1. MGH
2. BWH
3. JHH
4. UCSF
5. Columbia
6. BIDMC
7. Cornell
8. Stanford
9. Penn
...
I ranked some more, but I will be crying a lot of tears if I don't get at least #9.
2. BWH
3. JHH
4. UCSF
5. Columbia
6. BIDMC
7. Cornell
8. Stanford
9. Penn
...
I ranked some more, but I will be crying a lot of tears if I don't get at least #9.
1. hopkins
2. hopkins bayview
3. penn
4. BIDMC
5. UTSW
6. MGH
7. uab
2. hopkins bayview
3. penn
4. BIDMC
5. UTSW
6. MGH
7. uab
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1) Wash U
2) Vanderbilt
3) Penn
4) Mayo-Rochester
5) Johns Hopkins
6) UChicago
👍


..........Where is Moonglow?
😆
Last edited:
Damn. All of you guys must have stellar stats.
I'm surprised that some of you only ranked 5 programs, especially with all 5 programs being competitive and top-notch. Isn't 5 still a little risky?
Along a similar vein...seriously you people are all way too smart. Every rank list is dizzying clone of top programs...
Any normal people out there? Help diversify this thread a bit...
It's just publication bias going on.
It's a game of I'll show you mind if you show me yours and the first guy flops out a 12" cock . . . yeah . . . not so much fun now . . . the only people showing now are guys with equivalent size members.
It's a game of I'll show you mind if you show me yours and the first guy flops out a 12" cock . . . yeah . . . not so much fun now . . . the only people showing now are guys with equivalent size members.
haha!... 12 inch members...
i'll keep my average size 7 incher well covered. it's cold out there... honest!
I'll whip out my 6 inch (and quite limp) member....
1. Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
2. UCSD
3. Kaiser Santa Clara
4. CPMC
5. Scripps Green
6. Scripps Mercy
7. Kaiser SF
8. USC
1. Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
2. UCSD
3. Kaiser Santa Clara
4. CPMC
5. Scripps Green
6. Scripps Mercy
7. Kaiser SF
8. USC
1. WashU
2. Colorado
3. Michigan
4. Mayo - Rochester
5. UVA
2. Colorado
3. Michigan
4. Mayo - Rochester
5. UVA
1) UTSW
2) Virginia Mason
3) Santa Clara Valley
4) U of Colorado
5) Wake Forest
6) BCM
7) Tufts
etc....
2) Virginia Mason
3) Santa Clara Valley
4) U of Colorado
5) Wake Forest
6) BCM
7) Tufts
etc....
1) UTSW
2) Virginia Mason
3) Santa Clara Valley
4) U of Colorado
5) Wake Forest
6) BCM
7) Tufts
etc....
I'm just going to come right out and say it. That is a fascinating and truly bizarre rank list. I'm sure there's a story behind it, but it's probably not as good as the one that's in my head (which involves a bottle of tequila, a fistful of acid, a midget transexual prostitute and an NRMP login on 2/23).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm just going to come right out and say it. That is a fascinating and truly bizarre rank list. I'm sure there's a story behind it, but it's probably not as good as the one that's in my head (which involves a bottle of tequila, a fistful of acid, a midget transexual prostitute and an NRMP login on 2/23).
I agree.... 😕😕😕 Did you rank everywhere you interviewed?
I'm just going to come right out and say it. That is a fascinating and truly bizarre rank list. I'm sure there's a story behind it, but it's probably not as good as the one that's in my head (which involves a bottle of tequila, a fistful of acid, a midget transexual prostitute and an NRMP login on 2/23).
just wondering why you think this is a bizarre list
just wondering why you think this is a bizarre list
The geographic and "program reputation" variation borders on schizophrenic. The #1 is a program considered to be one of (if not the) most hardcore/malignant IM programs out there (with some of the best clinical training). Program #2 is a relatively chill community program overlooking Puget Sound. #3 is just a crap program.
#3 is just a crap program.
SCVMC is a crap program? How so? Have you looked at their faculty/residents/where they send their residents to fellowships?
The way SDN treats non-Harvard/UCSF/JHU programs is reprehensible at best.
I'd certainly be interested to know the rationale behind calling Santa Clara Valley a crap program, because everything that I've heard is quite the contrary.
Please elaborate gutonc...
Please elaborate gutonc...