Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should be fixed nowtrying to edit but its not letting me
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Should be fixed nowtrying to edit but its not letting me
Nope.Should be fixed now
Has anyone received any rejections so far? I got my first one today, and was surprised since it's still so early.
I heard (from someone applying in another specialty) that some programs can't view MSPEs until 10/15...? Anybody else heard this?
So I got an invite for OHSU this evening. Half an hour after I got the email, I go to schedule a spot and all the interview spots are waitlisted. Is anyone else having this problem? Is it some glitch in the system? I'm pretty heartbroken at this point as this is one of my top choices. I would love some input if y'alls have any.
So I got an invite for OHSU this evening. Half an hour after I got the email, I go to schedule a spot and all the interview spots are waitlisted. Is anyone else having this problem? Is it some glitch in the system? I'm pretty heartbroken at this point as this is one of my top choices. I would love some input if y'alls have any.
Same boat. They were my top choice and I'm trying to stay positive (why would they offer it if it wasn't available?). Are we allowed to sign up for more than one waitlist spot? How does the waitlist work, i.e. is there even enough notice to buy a plane ticket and get there?So I got an invite for OHSU this evening. Half an hour after I got the email, I go to schedule a spot and all the interview spots are waitlisted. Is anyone else having this problem? Is it some glitch in the system? I'm pretty heartbroken at this point as this is one of my top choices. I would love some input if y'alls have any.
MiddleJust out of curiosity, are any of you other guys on the OHSU waitlist at the end of the alphabet? For your last name?
I'm in the same boat - I'll email the coordinator and let you know what I hear back.
Apparently, less than 30 minutes even. I was just trying to look at my calendar and not make a mistake with my dates, and also quickly check plane tickets. My obsessive phone checking is only going to get worse now.Wow! Well, I guess this is what people are talking about when they said don't sit on an email for an hour and a half before logging in to schedule!

12hello, can someone please share with me what would be an appropriate number of interviews to attend?
Really hard to answer this question without knowing more about your situation. Consensus around these parts seems to be 8-10, but it depends on who you are.hello, can someone please share with me what would be an appropriate number of interviews to attend?
Does anyone know what day of the week (if there is one in particular) Mount Sinai (Main campus, categorical) interviews are typically held?
Has anyone also not heard a confirmation of interview from the PC at mt sinai beth israel? I called twice and emailed twice for a week and still havent been able to get in touch with her. What should I do??
For anyone in the same boat, I spoke with the coordinator at Mt. Sinai (main campus) today and was reassured not to worry about the delay in confirmation of scheduling interviews-- the coordinator will schedule them in the order the emails came in.
See psychiapplicant99's response 🙂
But that was for main campus. I was asking for Beth Israel one with Linda Kilgore as the coordinator.
Unlike the main campus program, MtSinai-BI schedules interviews on ERAS. Check under your ERAS Interview invitations tab.Has anyone also not heard a confirmation of interview from the PC at mt sinai beth israel? I called twice and emailed twice for a week and still havent been able to get in touch with her. What should I do??
I canceled one interview so far and still have a dozen scheduled. Also 1 rejection received this week, so I have heard back from 14 out of 30 programs. I probably over-applied as well, then again it's looking like I will be getting the big 'R' from Oregon, Washington, and a couple others.I haven't updated the list, but I've cancelled five already. Really overapplied but am in a good place so the extra couple hundred was worth it. Hopefully you guys snag some. Seen in past review threads that people interview at 20+ which seems unnecessary.
Should I apply to more programs at this point? I have applied to more than 50s, but only have 8 interview invites.
Based on Charting Outcomes 2016 it looks like the point of diminishing returns for psych interviews is at about 8 interviews, i.e. you reach more than 90% chance of matching with 8 interviews, after which any additional interviews don't really improve your chances much. This is of course assuming that all or most of these interviews are in your target range of competitiveness and you rank all of them.Should I apply to more programs at this point? I have applied to more than 50s, but only have 8 interview invites.
Based on Charting Outcomes 2016 it looks like the point of diminishing returns for psych interviews is at about 8 interviews, i.e. you reach more than 90% chance of matching with 8 interviews, after which any additional interviews don't really improve your chances much. This is of course assuming that all or most of these interviews are in your target range of competitiveness and you rank all of them.
Also, as has been brought up several times in this thread, remember that only a little over 10% of invites are sent before October 1st, about half of invites is sent in October (and we'll only be mid-October on Monday), and almost 40% of invites are sent *after* October.
My personal hypothesis about the current slowing down is that the programs first quickly sent invites to top of the crop applicants using whatever filters they used (Step scores, clinical grades, selected schools, AOA, PhD, whatever) and are now searching for "diamonds in the rough" among the rest, which takes careful reading of letters etc. - in other words, takes time.
Tl, dr: I'm confident we'll be getting more invites, even if slower; but you are probably fine with 8 interviews regardless.
Einstein/Montefiore in the Bronx, NY? Reputable, good program. Solid psychotherapy training, maybe less workload than many other places in NY, heavy focus on resident teaching and wellness, happy residents.Does anyone have an opinion about Montefiore? Thanks in advance!
Thanks 😳you are the best
Oops, I thought I wrote Maimonides/Ny but i was curious about Montefiore too🙂 Have any words on Maimonides,too?Einstein/Montefiore in the Bronx, NY? Reputable, good program. Solid psychotherapy training, maybe less workload than many other places in NY, heavy focus on resident teaching and wellness, happy residents.
Thanks 😳
Don't know as much about Maimonides, but it seems to be one of the more reputable and less malignant IMG-friendly programs in New York. They seem to be proud of the ethnic/cultural diversity of their residents which reflects that of the patient population they serve.Oops, I though I wrote Maimonides/Ny but i was curious about Montefiore too🙂 Have any words on Maimonides,too?
Wow,thanks! I agree, you are the best🙂Don't know as much about Maimonides, but it seems to be one of the more reputable and less malignant IMG-friendly programs in New York. They seem to be proud of the ethnic/cultural diversity of their residents which reflects that of the patient population they serve.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.