Official 2018 SHPEP thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I finally got a response! After my status being “in review” for 12 Hours, I finally received my acceptance to Howard, LSU, and UAB. HOWARD HERE I COME!

Good luck to everyone

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if the SHPEP National Office will be open after hours if results from UT aren’t posted? It would be courteous of them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have most people in past years opted out of SHPEP and as a result, were waitlisted students chosen?
Yea, it does happen! Don't lose hope, things will work out for you :) You seem like a nice person, I'm sure things will work out for you!

Reactions: 1 users
So many people got waitlisted to Iowa, is there anybody on this thread that was accepted? I was waitlisted also and a couple of my friends from school too

Applied to Columbia, UF, and UCLA.
Got into UCLA !!! (My top choice)
and denied to Columbia/UF
So excited. Can't wait to meet the other UCLA Pre-Med SHPEP peeps!

Yea, it does happen! Don't lose hope, things will work out for you :) You seem like a nice person, I'm sure things will work out for you!
Thank you for your encouraging words. Ive really been down in the dumps.

All my energy is drained from the craziness of this day, i hope i wont be disappointed, UT still says in review, hoping for the best!

Reactions: 1 user
All my energy is drained from the craziness of this day, i hope i wont be disappointed, UT still says in review, hoping for the best!
Me too! UT is my last chance so hopefully it works out :) if not, that’s ok too

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your encouraging words. Ive really been down in the dumps.
It's okay, I've been there many times lol. Like I said, you never know what may happen! And no matter what, there's always another program and opportunity waiting for you! Things will work out as long as you keep pushing for your dreams, and you'll look back at moments like this and be glad you pushed through. Good luck!

Is there a chance that the site is full status can change haha

Reactions: 2 users
Just checked and it UT still says “In review”. I’ll wait a bit and see what happens

I finally decided to make an account after lurking for the past month. I feel your pain guys. I was rejected from UF and LSU for premed, and I'm waiting on UT. It's kinda annoying and frustrating, but it's important to stay positive. I just hope we all make it.

Reactions: 6 users
This painful wait better lead to something good.

I finally decided to make an account after lurking for the past month. I feel your pain guys. I was rejected from UF and LSU for premed, and I'm waiting on UT. It's kinda annoying and frustrating, but it's important to stay positive. I just hope we all make it.

Bruh if we waited just to see a "site is full" im gonna scream tbh

Reactions: 3 users
UT is accepting all of us today! i'm speaking it into existence!

Hey guys, what happens after you clicked confirmed for a site? Do they email you on what you should do afterward or??

Hey guys, what happens after you clicked confirmed for a site? Do they email you on what you should do afterward or??
From what I know, they'll email you before the end of the month with the next steps

I wish that we could dispute this. I, like many others, stayed up last night constantly checking for an update... only to be disappointed.

Reactions: 3 users
saddest part is i completed my add in december, but my professor didnt submit the recommendation till the 13th of february do it said my app was completed, then,that probably played apart in why it was reviewed so late

Well. My last lifeline is waitlist Columbia now. I doubt many people would give up a chance for Columbia but I’ll be back regardless if anything new happens. Good luck to everyone.

saddest part is i completed my add in december, but my professor didnt submit the recommendation till the 13th of february do it said my app was completed, then,that probably played apart in why it was reviewed so late

I sent my review and transcripts in Decenmber and my application during the first week of February so I don’t understand why mine was so late. But also by credits I’m considered a Junior so maybe that’s why I didn’t get in the other places?

It's okay, I've been there many times lol. Like I said, you never know what may happen! And no matter what, there's always another program and opportunity waiting for you! Things will work out as long as you keep pushing for your dreams, and you'll look back at moments like this and be glad you pushed through. Good luck!
Totally! Rejection/waitlist is a sign that theres something bigger and better for us. Keeping the dream alive and pushing through downtimes will make us stronger. Good luck!

My application was complete (letter of rec, transcripts, app) on December 20th..didnt receive a decision until 6pm and it says site is full. Definitely not fair.