*****Official 2019-2020 Interview Food Review Thread!!! *****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have no strong opinions, either positive or negative, associated with the food provided at any of my interviews.

Interview 1: sandwiches

Interview 2: sandwiches

Interview 3: sandwiches

Interview 4: tacos (without shells... I guess I interviewed with @OxenFoxen!)

Interview 5: tacos (with shells)

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Better than my Fyre Festival lunch

1568983062189.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
But which schools gave the best pen?
Bar none, best pen has been Pitt. The metal casing had just the right weight behind it, and the tri-point grip was so ergonomically fashioned, with a smooth and non-dragging roller-ball tip. Invaluable piece of equipment.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
But which schools gave the best pen?

I love my UChicago pen. Sleek metal casing with a solid logo. Been doing all my homework with it. It definitely gets a sentimentality boost for being my top choice school though :laugh:. The Cinci/Toledo pens are basically the same pen just reskinned for each school and are pretty decent. Cinci did have the added bonus of giving out a water bottle, though.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I love my UChicago pen. Sleek metal casing with a solid logo. Been doing all my homework with it. It definitely gets a sentimentality boost for being my top choice school though :laugh:. The Cinci/Toledo pens are basically the same pen just reskinned for each school and are pretty decent. Cinci did have the added bonus of giving out a water bottle, though.

This thread is fantastic and I wish I had this when choosing my school list. I choose based on location and stats and stuff and I really should have been looking at food and pens...

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
This thread is fantastic and I wish I had this when choosing my school list. I choose based on location and stats and stuff and I really should have been looking at food and pens...
Right? I wonder if Faha and Goro factor this into their school lists at all? hahaha

Reactions: 2 users
Cinci did have the added bonus of giving out a water bottle, though.
I appreciate the sentiment behind swag, but if I have to carry it around all day then I don’t want it. Washington State University gave us a tote bag...with handles too small to go over the shoulder...like, nifty but keep it to just the folder next time...

Reactions: 1 user
I appreciate the sentiment behind swag, but if I have to carry it around all day then I don’t want it. Washington State University gave us a tote bag...with handles too small to go over the shoulder...like, nifty but keep it to just the folder next time...
Are you trying to flex by saying you've got big shoulders? hahaha

• Haha
Case has some SOLID turkey sandwiches

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Haha i was going to ask the same thing. (AS IF im not going to be getting an R from that place xD
I didn't even apply. To me, it's not a quality turkey sandwich UNLESS there's avocado!

I have no strong opinions, either positive or negative, associated with the food provided at any of my interviews.

Interview 1: sandwiches

Interview 2: sandwiches

Interview 3: sandwiches

Interview 4: tacos (without shells... I guess I interviewed with @OxenFoxen!)

Interview 5: tacos (with shells)
Update:

Interview 6: sandwiches

• Haha
WashU had a really solid buffet-style lunch!

• Wow
Hopkins gave us these chicken wraps from the cafeteria and an iceberg lettuce salad. Great school, lunch not so much haha.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Do most schools offer salads, too, or just sandwiches? I'm pretty sure it's just the latter, which is too bad.

Also, has anyone interviewed at Kaiser yet? Are they stepping up their lunch game because they're new? What about Geisel? Maple syrup themed because they're close to VT?

• Haha
Do most schools offer salads, too, or just sandwiches? I'm pretty sure it's just the latter, which is too bad.

Also, has anyone interviewed at Kaiser yet? Are they stepping up their lunch game because they're new? What about Geisel? Maple syrup themed because they're close to VT?

Not Dartmouth but I will be at UVermont this fall so I shall report back on their Maple syrup quality if they serve it. :)

• Love
UVA has PRIME interview food. Like dang. It is buffet style but v fancy, like cut the turkey in front of me fancy :laugh:

Oh, and Wake Forest gives you Chic-Fil-A :love:
georgetown was also ELITE

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
aight my interviews weren't at these T20s butttttt this thread is hilarious and I'd love to add:

Toledo - really good selection of sandwiches that were actually good
Geisinger - eh, sandwiches again and some soup and cookies or something. not my fave
WVU - catered lunch from a local restaurant. Included chicken, some rice thing, salad, veggies, and of course... cookies lol
Drexel - a selection of sandwiches but they ran out of turkey quickly. they have students interview you while you eat so good luck actually eating. (sandwiches were meh)

oh wait...

Wake Forest - CHICK-FIL-A!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
aight my interviews weren't at these T20s butttttt this thread is hilarious and I'd love to add:

Geisinger - eh, sandwiches again and some soup and cookies or something. not my fave
WVU - catered lunch from a local restaurant. Included chicken, some rice thing, salad, veggies, and of course... cookies lol
Drexel - a selection of sandwiches but they ran out of turkey quickly. they have students interview you while you eat so good luck actually eating. (sandwiches were meh)

oh wait...

Yo the Wake Forest chick fil a :love: :love:

• Love

oh wait...

Yo the Wake Forest chick fil a :love: :love:
Ok, forget about no sleep til Brooklyn, it’s all about no chin-fil-a until wake forest (I’ve only had it once, and I guess it was pretty good?)

Ok, forget about no sleep til Brooklyn, it’s all about no chin-fil-a until wake forest (I’ve only had it once, and I guess it was pretty good?)
Chick fil a is huge down here lol. Rightfully so

• Love
Chick fil a is huge down here lol. Rightfully so
But I’ve heard Popeyes has a better sandwich? Is this true? (Not that I eat fried chicken often enough to know haha)

• Angry
But I’ve heard Popeyes has a better sandwich? Is this true? (Not that I eat fried chicken often enough to know haha)
trust me... they aren't the same. Chick-fil-a is the OG

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
SMH don't disrespect CFA like that :laugh:

Honestly don't really like Popeyes. Bojangles is better. CFA is best

• Haha
OHSU - lasagna from Elephants Delicatessen is out of this world
Mayo Rochester - really good artisanal sandwiches with Brie and Pears
UNM - really good burger and fries from their own cafeteria

UVermont ain’t playing no games with that lunch tryna thick me up :chicken:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
So apparently Detroit deli's are famous for putting cole slaw in sandwiches... learned that at Wayne State's interview.

Not a good time.

• Haha
  • Wow
So apparently Detroit deli's are famous for putting cole slaw in sandwiches... learned that at Wayne State's interview.

Not a good time.
I can't stand Cole slaw. Which has apparently made me a traitor down here :laugh:

• Haha
I complained about how “Harvard gonna do us like that” with sandwiches, but the spread at their dinner was Mediterranean and the lunch was actually like legit subs with garden grown veggies or a vinegrette covered egg-White and avacado sandwich.

Even Harvard sandwiches are fancy.

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Love
I have an allergy to gluten (Celiac), and this thread has me worried. Lots of bread and pasta other gluten-filled deliciousness. Did most places have options either at the interview or when scheduling to alert them of allergies?

I get v hangry so I just want to know if I should pack some bars/snacks :unsure:

I have an allergy to gluten (Celiac), and this thread has me worried. Lots of bread and pasta other gluten-filled deliciousness. Did most places have options either at the interview or when scheduling to alert them of allergies?

I get v hangry so I just want to know if I should pack some bars/snacks :unsure:
Most ask if you have dietary restrictions. If not, email them and let them know ahead of time.

Most ask if you have dietary restrictions. If not, email them and let them know ahead of time.
+1. I’m almost positive all of my IIs have come with a section to disclose any dietary restrictions on the portal. I would t worry about this at all, OP!

I complained about how “Harvard gonna do us like that” with sandwiches, but the spread at their dinner was Mediterranean and the lunch was actually like legit subs with garden grown veggies or a vinegrette covered egg-White and avacado sandwich.

Even Harvard sandwiches are fancy.
The gave you...AVOCADO!? OMG! Avocado count = 1

• Haha

Pack snacks or let them all know ahead of time. Most schools are accommodating to dietary restrictions.

Pack snacks or let them all know ahead of time. Most schools are accommodating to dietary restrictions.
That insinuates some schools are unaccommodating to dietary restrictions.

Celiac: "I'm allergic to gluten"
Unaccommodating Med School:
1430611722295.png

• Haha
That insinuates some schools are unaccommodating to dietary restrictions.

Celiac: "I'm allergic to gluten"
Unaccommodating Med School:
View attachment 281251
I can only speak for N=8, but they all had an option to select on the interview scheduling doodad, or a number to call. So, at least 5% of medical schools are accommodating lol

TBH I think they will all be accommodating

I can only speak for N=8, but they all had an option to select on the interview scheduling doodad, or a number to call. So, at least 5% of medical schools are accommodating lol

TBH I think they will all be accommodating
One of the schools I interviewed at lowkey had a tastier looking lunch for their gluten-free applicant than the rest of us plebes :(

• Haha
One of the schools I interviewed at lowkey had a tastier looking lunch for their gluten-free applicant than the rest of us plebes :(
If anyone here ever joins the military, you need to low key select the vegetarian MREs. They are X10 in flavor.

Edit: With the exception of the Rib Shaped BBQ flavored Pork Patty. And the Chile Mac.