*****Official 2019-2020 Interview Food Review Thread!!! *****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
One of the schools I interviewed at lowkey had a tastier looking lunch for their gluten-free applicant than the rest of us plebes :(
Duly noted. Haha jk jk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So apparently Detroit deli's are famous for putting cole slaw in sandwiches... learned that at Wayne State's interview.

Not a good time.
Those things were nasty. On my day everybody was just nibbling them and tossed them asap

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Duly noted. Haha jk jk
“Dear Admissions, is it possible to change my dietary restriction to gluten-free? I’ve heard those lunches are fir- I mean, I’ve developed a sudden gluten allergy over the past week. Ok thanks, bye.”

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
“Dear Admissions, is it possible to change my dietary restriction to gluten-free? I’ve heard those lunches are fir- I mean, I’ve developed a sudden gluten allergy over the past week. Ok thanks, bye.”
I mean, it's easier than...VEGAN! Hahahah But what if they just give you a GF sandwich, that's the worst!
Edit: What about: Dear Adcom, I'm from California and I only eat a raw, vegan, macrobiotic, organic diet. Can you please accommodate?

• Haha
I mean, it's easier than...VEGAN! Hahahah But what if they just give you a GF sandwich, that's the worst!
Edit: What about: Dear Adcom, I'm from California and I only eat a raw, vegan, macrobiotic, organic diet. Can you please accommodate?
“I only drink raw water”

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Organic free range non-GMO raw water.
Edit: Going on a tangent in a course of action that feels like we are making fun of gluten intolerance or celiac disease. I don’t think that is the intent of the tangent, but I’mma stop tangenting.

My dream is to open a coffee bar. With an adjoining area for oysters and sushi.
That is, if my doctor thing doesnt work out. Its a close one
Sea beans
Shells and smells
RAW cafe
Coastal grounds
Black’n’snacks
Moyster
Java con watuh

Any of these sound like good names for your seafood/coffee shop?

• Haha
I can only speak for N=8, but they all had an option to select on the interview scheduling doodad, or a number to call. So, at least 5% of medical schools are accommodating lol

TBH I think they will all be accommodating
Sea beans
Shells and smells
RAW cafe
Coastal grounds
Black’n’snacks
Moyster
Java con watuh

Any of these sound like good names for your seafood/coffee shop?

Coastal Grounds!
Have you considered advertising/marketing as a fallback career ;)

• Haha
Coastal Grounds!
Have you considered advertising/marketing as a fallback career ;)
*i know you hate that I have a response for everything* I have not considered that, but UX/web development specifically with an emphasis on advertisement design is what my wife is getting her degree in...

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Love
MSU had amazing soup from a local restaurant, salad and artisan roll too. Also they left the breakfast bagels and such out all day so if we ever got hungry we could grab whatever we wanted. 8/10 for me, would have been 10 but there was a really annoying interviewee at my lunch table...

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
Y'all are lucky. I've just been having sandwhiches. Will update after my interview tomorrow if I get lucky and get an exotic lunch.

This thread is exactly what I needed this week.

My top rank is Uchicago for sure - forgot to tell them I shouldn't (can't) eat pizza....hurt later but tasted so good before that 13/10

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
UCF lunch was rough imo, think the imaginings of sub-equatorial ethnic food by a Scandinavian nomadic farmer. And their vegetarian option was a hard salad. 5/10

• Haha
NYU had pretty good food. Einstein had pretty good food too. Both had dessert, but I preferred NYU's cake. NYU > Einstein.

Reactions: 3 users
Tulane's food was top notch. New Orleans theme, including a jambalaya which was just *chefs kiss*.
On the other hand, I resent Wake Forest for serving Chick fil A because I somehow made it 5 years living in NC never having had Chick fil A and it was such a good 'fun fact' for introductions in the south, which I now can no longer claim.

• Love
  • Haha
UCF lunch was rough imo, think the imaginings of sub-equatorial ethnic food by a Scandinavian nomadic farmer. And their vegetarian option was a hard salad. 5/10
What in gods name is a "hard salad"

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Do most schools offer salads, too, or just sandwiches? I'm pretty sure it's just the latter, which is too bad.

Also, has anyone interviewed at Kaiser yet? Are they stepping up their lunch game because they're new? What about Geisel? Maple syrup themed because they're close to VT?

I interviewed at Kaiser and we got Mendocino Farms sandwiches for lunch which are really tasty! They also provided breakfast which was awesome.

• Love
*i know you hate that I have a response for everything* I have not considered that, but UX/web development specifically with an emphasis on advertisement design is what my wife is getting her degree in...
I would not go to a store called "Shells and Smells" hahahaha. That's too funny.
I interviewed at Kaiser and we got Mendocino Farms sandwiches for lunch which are really tasty! They also provided breakfast which was awesome.
UGH I LOVE MENDO. They're giving you the star treatment. I hope I get an II from them (not just because of the food, obvs). How'd your interview go?

NYU had pretty good food. Einstein had pretty good food too. Both had dessert, but I preferred NYU's cake. NYU > Einstein.
Cake should ALWAYS be the deciding factor. Was it cheesecake, because...New York?

MSU had amazing soup from a local restaurant, salad and artisan roll too. Also they left the breakfast bagels and such out all day so if we ever got hungry we could grab whatever we wanted. 8/10 for me, would have been 10 but there was a really annoying interviewee at my lunch table..

I would legit spill soup ALL over me. Soup = test haha

Oh geeze i didnt realize we were ranking all food too: UCF included breakfast as well, which was tasty and i appreciated. And while lunch left me supremely famished, the atmosphere there made up for it

UGH I LOVE MENDO. They're giving you the star treatment. I hope I get an II from them (not just because of the food, obvs). How'd your interview go?

It was my first interview so I was pretty terrified lol. But everyone there is really kind and welcoming! They have a hybrid MMI-traditional interview.

As someone with celiac I gotta tell you,
1. There is bomb gluten free bread now, legit better than most normal bread
2. It will not be at the interview
3. I get called a health nut at every lunch because I gotta choose the salad
4. This is immediately offset as I eat the entire table's chips, extra cheese, meat, and chug a gallon of whatever liquid is present while explaining that I eat 3,500 to 4k calories a day. Usually met with concerned looks. (Except when the interviewer I had was into bodybuilding. He went and got us snacks from the table and nothing medical was brought up at all after that.)

• Haha
As someone with celiac I gotta tell you,
1. There is bomb gluten free bread now, legit better than most normal bread
2. It will not be at the interview
3. I get called a health nut at every lunch because I gotta choose the salad
4. This is immediately offset as I eat the entire table's chips, extra cheese, meat, and chug a gallon of whatever liquid is present while explaining that I eat 3,500 to 4k calories a day. Usually met with concerned looks. (Except when the interviewer I had was into bodybuilding. He went and got us snacks from the table and nothing medical was brought up at all after that.)
I'm SO glad there's good gluten free bread now. I had to do an elimination diet a few years ago, and the GF bread wasn't good, so I've just avoided GF bread since.

KCU had barbecue today. Apparently from their cafeteria but it was really good.

KCU had barbecue today. Apparently from their cafeteria but it was really good.
Have been rescheduling my DO interviews for later in the cycle in the hopes I get an MD acceptance shortly after Oct. 15, but I'm seriously considering attending KCU's interview day simply to try out the barbecue in KC :love:

Keck SOM has officially de-throned U chicago in the top seed for me.

It was just a sandwich..but it changed my life. Do urself a favor and have the oatmeal choco chip cookies also

• Haha
Umich dinner out did UChicago for me. These schools...they sell you with the food

• Love
  • Haha
Keck SOM has officially de-throned U chicago in the top seed for me.

It was just a sandwich..but it changed my life. Do urself a favor and have the oatmeal choco chip cookies also
The supreme cookie!!! Rare but beautiful. I love oatmeal chocolate chip.

• Love
The supreme cookie!!! Rare but beautiful. I love oatmeal chocolate chip.

Thank you someone gets it!!! But wait this cookie also had coconut and macadamia nuts in it. It was life changing

• Wow
Central Michigan had Noodles and Co. which was bomb but the plates were small and I felt too awkward to go get seconds. Plus there was no breakfast or coffee in the morning. 6/10

If you interview on a Wednesday at Howard, it’s wing day. The jerk chicken wings were bomb

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Colorado food was OK. The sandwiches were pretty but nothing to write home about. No avocado.

Central Michigan had Noodles and Co. which was bomb but the plates were small and I felt too awkward to go get seconds. Plus there was no breakfast or coffee in the morning. 6/10

A ton of people during my interview went and got more, you missed out lol. Also there was a ton of different variety in terms of what types of noodles/pastas, which was nice

Interviewed at EVMS and they had a variety of sandwiches and wraps, chips, and cookies. Turkey sandwich I had was really good and had a bunch of stuff on it including avocado!

Has anyone here mentioned McGovern?? They had like a whole fajita buffet laid out all fancy, plenty of chicken, beef, rice, guac, shredded cheese, the works.....I was shook!!

Can we just rename this thread the Interview Dick Measuring thread?

Or are we really that concerned about our UCLA, UCSF, Harvard, Hopkins sandwiches? Lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Or are we really that concerned about our UCLA, UCSF, Harvard, Hopkins sandwiches? Lmao

This thread performs an important public service!! How else am I supposed to daydream about having a Harvard interview if I don't know what the sandwiches are?? :(

This thread performs an important public service!! How else am I supposed to daydream about having a Harvard interview if I don't know what the sandwiches are?? :(
Literally, the Harvard sandwiches were fantastic, though...I am sorry that it comes off as a dick measuring contest. The only food I can contribute is my state school and T10s....

• Haha
  • Love