**Official 2019 Orthodontic PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do universities usually send rejection letters?

Members don't see this ad.

do universities usually send rejection letters?
Nope, generally not. I’ve gotten maybe 2 out of the 15 or so that didn’t want me... Such is life, I know they have tons of applicants but it’s not hard to create a blanket email and send out to those not selected. At the same time though, people back out of interviews so I guess they want to keep the door open that maybe an interview spot could open up...

Reactions: 1 user
So you guys always write thank you emails or notes after the interviews?
Not a bad habit to get into, I sure don’t see how it would hurt your chances.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Both Louisville and Marquette have given out interviews. Marquette interview on Nov. 8 or 9 with Social on Nov. 8th. Not sure of date of Louisville interview and social.

1. Oklahoma - 7/20 (Phone) / Interview October 26 or November 2 with social night before.
2. Indiana - 8/20 (E-mail) / Interview Friday October 12 with social night before
3. UBC - 8/16 (E-mail) / Interview Saturday November 3 with social night before
4. Loma Linda - 8/28 (Phone) / Interview Monday October 8 or Tuesday October 9
5. MUSC - 8/28 (E-mail) / Interview Friday September 28 or October 12 with social night before
6. UIC - 8/28 (E-mail) / Interview Friday October 5 or October 19 with social night before
7. University of Pittsburgh - 8/28 (Phone) / Interview September 28 or October 1 with social night before
8. University of Rochester - 8/29 (Phone) / Interview September 10/24 one day
9. Tufts - 8/29 (E-mail) / Interview September 28 with social night before
10. Iowa - 8/30 (E-mail) / Interview September 28 with social night before
11. UNLV - 9/4 (email) / Interview October 5 with social night before
12. Boston University - 9/5 and 9/6 (E-mail) / Interview October 15 or 23 with social night before
13. U of Kentucky - 9/5 (Phone) / Interview October 22 with social night before
14. Texas A&M - 9/7 (Phone) / Interview October 1 or October 2 with social night before
15. UNMC - 9/7 (Phone) / Interview October 8 or October 9 with social the night before
16. LSU - 9/7 (E-mail) / Interview October 25 or 26 with social Thursday
17. U of Tennessee - 9/7 (E-mail) / Interview October 12 with social night before
18. University of Washington - 9/8 (E-mail) / Interview October 8 with social night before
19. SUNY Buffalo - 9/10 (E-mail) / Interview October 12 or 15 with social the night before
20. OHSU - 9/10 (E-mail) / Interview October 18 or October 19 with social the night before.
21. UT Houston - 9/11 (E-mail) / Interview October 11 or October 12 with social afternoon before
22. UCSF - 9/11 (E-mail) / Interview October 18 with social night before
23. Ohio State - 9/11 (E-mail) / Interview October 8 or October 9 with social the night before
24. Seton Hill - 9/11 (E-mail) / Interview September 28 with social night before
25. AT Still - 9/12 (E-mail) / Interview October 15 with social the same night
26. UPenn - 9/13 (E-mail) / Interview October 17 or October 24 with social night before
27. UCLA - 9/13 (E-mail) / Interview October 1 with social night before
28. UMich - 9/13 (Phone) / Interview October 8 or October 15 with social night before
29. Stony Brook - 9/14 (E-mail) / Interview October 11 with social night before
30. UT San Antonio - 9/14 (E-mail) / Interview October 24 or October 25 with social night before
31. Columbia - 9/18 (E-Mail) / Interview October 29 or October 30. No mention of social night yet.
32. Montefiore - 9/19 (E-mail) / Interview October 5 or October 12 with social night before
33. Nova - 9/19 (E-mail) / Interview October 25 or October 29 with social night before
34. UMKC - 9/20 (E-Mail)/ Interview October 29 with social night before
35. St Barnabas - 9/20 (E-mail) / Interview Oct 29 with social night after
36. UNC - 9/20 (Phone) / Interview Oct 22 or 23 with no mention of a social
37. Case Western - 9/21 (E-mail) / Interview November 7 or November 8 with social night before
38. St. Louis - 9/24 (E-mail) / Interview October 22, 23, 24, or 25 with social the same day
39. Albert Einstein - 9/24 (Phone) / Interview October 24 with social the night before
40. University of Florida - 9/25 (E-mail) / Interview Monday October 22nd with social night before
41. Mayo - according to BendaWire, sent out invites (no confirmation)
42. UOP - according to oceanangel4, sent out invites (no confirmation)
43. VCU - 9/26 (E-mail) / Interview November 1 and 2 (two full days as of now with no mention of social)
44. Colorado - 9/24 (E-mail) / Interview October 11, 12, or 15 (no social information)
45. Harvard - 9/27 (E-mail) / Interview November 5 with social same night
46. Minnesota - 9/27 (E-mail) / Interview October 15 with social night before
47. Bronxcare - 9/27 (Phone) / Interview October 24 email to follow with social info
48. NYU - 9/28 (E-mail) Interview October 11 and 12 must attend both days
49. Augusta 9/28 (Phone) Interview October 22, no mention of social
50. WVU 9/28 (E-mail) Interview October 29 with social night before
51. Maryland - 10/2 (E-mail) Interview / October 24 or 25 with social night before
52. UConn - 10/3 (Email) Interview / Oct 25 or Oct 26, social night before
53. Roseman 10/3 (Phone) Interview/ Oct 29 or Oct 30, social night before
54. Georgia School of Orthodontics - 10/3 (Email) Interview Oct 18 or Oct 19 with social on 18th
55. Temple - 10/4 (email) - Interviews on two separate days 10/29 and 11/5 with social the night before
56. Jacksonville 10/04 (email) - Interview October 22 or 23, social night before.
57. Howard 10/05 (email)- Interview Nov 7 or Nov 8, no mention of social
58. Detroit Mercy 10/08 (email) - Interiew Nov 5 or Nov 6, social night before
59. NYU Langone 10/09 (email) - Interview Oct 26 with social night before
60. Maimonides 10/09 (email) - Interview Nov 13, no social info yet
61. Puerto Rico 10/09 (email)- Interview Oct 23, no social.
62. Rutgers 10/10 (email) - Interview on Nov 2 or Nov 5, with social the night before either night.
63. Marquette date? (email)- Interview on Nov. 8 or 9 with Social on Nov. 8th
64. Louisville date? (email)- Interview?

Based on interview deadlines, we still haven't heard from 2 programs:
Sept 15 - UAB
Oct 2 - USC

When are we suppose to rank the programs and when do the programs rank us? Also, whats the match date?

When are we suppose to rank the programs and when do the programs rank us? Also, whats the match date?
Match opens on 29th oct for phase 1. Then we can start ranking the progs.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

41. Mayo - according to BendaWire, sent out invites (no confirmation)
42. UOP - according to oceanangel4, sent out invites (no confirmation)
43. VCU - 9/26 (E-mail) / Interview November 1 and 2 (two full days as of now with no mention of social)
44. Colorado - 9/24 (E-mail) / Interview October 11, 12, or 15 (no social information)
45. Harvard - 9/27 (E-mail) / Interview November 5 with social same night
46. Minnesota - 9/27 (E-mail) / Interview October 15 with social night before
47. Bronxcare - 9/27 (Phone) / Interview October 24 email to follow with social info
48. NYU - 9/28 (E-mail) Interview October 11 and 12 must attend both days
49. Augusta 9/28 (Phone) Interview October 22, no mention of social
50. WVU 9/28 (E-mail) Interview October 29 with social night before
51. Maryland - 10/2 (E-mail) Interview / October 24 or 25 with social night before
52. UConn - 10/3 (Email) Interview / Oct 25 or Oct 26, social night before
53. Roseman 10/3 (Phone) Interview/ Oct 29 or Oct 30, social night before
54. Georgia School of Orthodontics - 10/3 (Email) Interview Oct 18 or Oct 19 with social on 18th
55. Temple - 10/4 (email) - Interviews on two separate days 10/29 and 11/5 with social the night before
56. Jacksonville 10/04 (email) - Interview October 22 or 23, social night before.
57. Howard 10/05 (email)- Interview Nov 7 or Nov 8, no mention of social
58. Detroit Mercy 10/08 (email) - Interiew Nov 5 or Nov 6, social night before
59. NYU Langone 10/09 (email) - Interview Oct 26 with social night before
60. Maimonides 10/09 (email) - Interview Nov 13, no social info yet
61. Puerto Rico 10/09 (email)- Interview Oct 23, no social.
62. Rutgers 10/10 (email) - Interview on Nov 2 or Nov 5, with social the night before either night.
63. Marquette date? (email)- Interview on Nov. 8 or 9 with Social on Nov. 8th
64. Louisville 10/11 (call/email)- Interview either Oct. 29 or 31 with social night before

65. UAB 10/12 (call/email) - Interview on Nov 1 with social same evening.
Based on interview deadlines, we still haven't heard from 1 program:
Oct 2 - USC

Do some universities have second round of sinding invitations?

Word on the street is that USC has already sent out invites

Members don't see this ad :)
Has
UNLV
Loma Linda
Colorado
All sent out their initial invites?

Anyone who gave the Boston interview on 15th &16th ?? How was the interview??

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

This might be a long shot, but is anyone still looking for a (last minute) switch for Nova dates? I have 10/29 but am hoping for the 25th or 30th. Thanks!

Last edited:
For those that are interviewing at Oklahoma on Oct 26, have you received any information about the interview day via email? Thanks!

Anyone who got an interview and went there do you mind sharing the details, most common questions, etc?

Anyone knows if Colorado’s class is filled yet or if they are sending out more invites?

Anybody hear back from NYU Langone for an acceptance? They said we would hear around this part of the week...

Has anyone heard from Jacksonville yet?

Has anyone heard from Jacksonville yet?
They released the list on Friday. I am pretty sure the fellowship student got acceptance email. Please let me know if you find anything more

do you mean there are already all 15 people who paid the deposits by now? How do you know?
Last interview was on 15th. They offer spots right after and give you one week to make decision, so it is done

Last interview was on 15th. They offer spots right after and give you one week to make decision, so it is done
I called them for another reason today, and they told me that they sent out 2nd round of invites for the last time for 5 people, and still waiting for the final decisions. So, there might be may be one or two people who get additional invites.

I called them for another reason today, and they told me that they sent out 2nd round of invites for the last time for 5 people, and still waiting for the final decisions. So, there might be may be one or two people who get additional invites.
That is a good news! Let wait for one more week to find out

They released the list on Friday. I am pretty sure the fellowship student got acceptance email. Please let me know if you find anything more
Do you mean Jacksonville released the acceptance email for upcoming fellows or the whole list, residents and fellows?

Last edited:
Do you mean Jacksonville released the acceptance email for upcoming fellows or the whole list, residents and fellows?
I thought they release both together. I am sure about former flowship students. They got acceptance email for residency program. Let me know if you find more.

Yes it's Georgia School of Orthodontics but I was wondering what the call meant?
No clue.. they called 3x leaving no voicemail. They're all MATCH right?.. or suppose to be atleast. Was worried to hear some 24 hour non-match offer or something when I want to just remain in the match lol

No clue.. they called 3x leaving no voicemail. They're all MATCH right?.. or suppose to be atleast. Was worried to hear some 24 hour non-match offer or something when I want to just remain in the match lol

They asked me if I received any offer from non match programs. Maybe they are confirming those that they are gonna rank highly if they are still available.

They asked me if I received any offer from non match programs. Maybe they are confirming those that they are gonna rank highly if they are still available.

They called me asking the same thing. yes hopefully... fingers crossed!

For those of you who got interviews/accepted to programs congratulations!! I am currently in a gpr and I want to apply to ortho programs next cycle. I was just wondering for those of you who have gotten interviews, did you take the gre and the ADAT? Or did you just take the gre? I come from a school that is pass/fail so I was wondering if I need to take the adat in addition to the gre or what those of you who got a lot of invitations did? Thanks in advance!!! And good luck to those who are still waiting to hear back

Any news from JV I believe Colorado is done!!!!

Hey guys, I’ve 2 questions:
1st, is there anyway ones can know if he/she is ranked highly in a program or not? Would you recommend tocontact the University or not? What about to ask any residents there? Do you think they have an idea?

My 2ed q is, while submitting Match list, should we rank all the program we applied to, or just the programs that we had Interviewed by?

Becuase I recieved an email earlier today from Match, says that “Rank All Programs Where You Applied That Would Be Acceptable”

1st, is there anyway ones can know if he/she is ranked highly in a program or not? Would you recommend tocontact the University or not? What about to ask any residents there? Do you think they have an idea?

My 2ed q is, while submitting Match list, should we rank all the program we applied to, or just the programs that we had Interviewed by?

Becuase I recieved an email earlier today from Match, says that “Rank All Programs Where You Applied That Would Be Acceptable”

1st question - no program will really tell you how you’re ranked. As a matter of fact, most programs will probably not even respond to any inquiries until after match day.

2nd question - DO NOT rank a program if you are not happy with the program, only rank those that are acceptable for you. It will give you have a chance of matching there if the program is on your rank list. I’d rather try for a post match spot if you end up not matching to a personally acceptable program rather than ending up at a program you absolutely will not accept as a training program.

Hope this helps

To answer your second question... you should only rank the programs where you interviewed-- from my understanding. I just read this from the MATCH website "A program cannot be matched with an applicant who is not listed on the program's Rank Order List; similarly, an applicant cannot be matched with a program that is not listed on the applicant's Rank Order List." Based off of this if you didn't interview at a school you most likely will not be on their rank order list.

Hello All! I was just checking in to see if anyone has received an acceptance from NYU Langone as of yet, or if anyone has any information all all in regards to if they have made their final decisions? Please let me know any details you may have! Thank you

Hello All! I was just checking in to see if anyone has received an acceptance from NYU Langone as of yet, or if anyone has any information all all in regards to if they have made their final decisions? Please let me know any details you may have! Thank you
I was accepted to Langone - I believe all 4 spots have been accepted / filled.