-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Step II Official 2020 Step 2 CK Experiences With Scores Thread
Started by libertyyne
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes. Just disappeared.Did your permit disappear?
Yeah mine just disappeared tooYes. Just disappeared.
Okay so my permit disappeared last night and I went to FSMB and it let me start my step 3 application. I kept filling details until I reached where they asked for my ECFMG certification date and I had to stop because I ofcourse don’t have the ecfmg certification date yet. But it let me pick the 3 month slot and put my personal information and all. So does this mean that I passed CK? Already done with step1 and cs
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay so my permit disappeared last night and I went to FSMB and it let me start my step 3 application. I kept filling details until I reached where they asked for my ECFMG certification date and I had to stop because I ofcourse don’t have the ecfmg certification date yet. But it let me pick the 3 month slot and put my personal information and all. So does this mean that I passed CK? Already done with step1 and cs
Yes it does.
Thank you, still so nervousYes it does.
D
deleted998607
Exam day twins!Scheduled mine for July 24th. Gives me 4 weeks on uninterrupted time with 6 weeks of psych/2 week easy rotation to end 3rd year. Hoping that is enough time for 250+.
planning on restarting Uworld beginning of May and crushing through it, then using NBMEs and FA... any other advice?
Best of luck. Similar ending schedule. Using OME and Wiwa in addition to Uworld and NBMEs. Can't wait for this to be over. However, OME has been very enjoyable (it makes studying much more pleasant than step 1).
Exam day twins!
Best of luck. Similar ending schedule. Using OME and Wiwa in addition to Uworld and NBMEs. Can't wait for this to be over. However, OME has been very enjoyable (it makes studying much more pleasant than step 1).
lets do it! When are you planning on restarting UW?
D
deleted998607
Right on! I keep saying "its far away still.." but I know it's going to come up quick.lets do it! When are you planning on restarting UW?
If you mean restart as in do every question over again, you're a better person than me. I'm going to go through my incorrects in the month prior to my exam most likely. But I have been making flashcards from the Uworld supplemental material for stuff that sounded foreign to me for both right and wrong answers. I like Wiwa, but making some of my own cards has been way more beneficial for me.
Got a 224 after getting a 246 on uwsa1
What a bummer.
As for the FSMB trick your permit should disappear by Monday night. Tuesday you should be able to apply for step 3 and Wednesday 1 AM CST you can check pass/fail on FCVS
Sorry to hear that! When did you take it?
Jan 21st and uwsa 1 was jan 20thSorry to hear that! When did you take it?
D
deleted998607
Congratulations on passing, even though I'm sure it isn't what you hoped for/expected. But at least that's another obstacle down.Jan 21st and uwsa 1 was jan 20th
Any idea about the discrepancy? What you did right vs wrong? I could use some further advice, if you don't mind. If not, no worries.
Hi everyone. I am new to this thread. I was hoping to know if anyone here is an international medical graduate / student preparing for Step 2 Ck. What practice tests you are taking apart from UWSA and NBME ? Apart from Uworld, any suggestions for good question banks ? Thanks in advance.
I don’t about the discrepancy but If I were to do it again I would add one round of amboss to my prep just so I get exposure to new questions. Biostats videos by Randy Neil on YouTube are very helpful.Congratulations on passing, even though I'm sure it isn't what you hoped for/expected. But at least that's another obstacle down.
Any idea about the discrepancy? What you did right vs wrong? I could use some further advice, if you don't mind. If not, no worries.
Can't wait for the bandwagoners who are gonna try and gun Step 2CK from day 1 and neglect Step 1 basics, only to get crushed on the real deal, failing to realize that Step 2CK is basically Step 1 without biochem, interleukin memorization and learning if a virus is positive or negative stranded, with added bits of diagnostic stuff and patient management
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This honestly sounds like my dream exam thenCan't wait for the bandwagoners who are gonna try and gun Step 2CK from day 1 and neglect Step 1 basics, only to get crushed on the real deal, failing to realize that Step 2CK is basically Step 1 without biochem, interleukin memorization and learning if a virus is positive or negative stranded, with added bits of diagnostic stuff and patient management
wizard1109
New Member
Hi all, I’m IMG with step 1 (254) and took my CK recently and my scored dropped to 250. Will this be a red flag on my application?
Hi all, I’m IMG with step 1 (254) and took my CK recently and my scored dropped to 250. Will this be a red flag on my application?
I don't think so. First, you have good scores both of above 250. Second, too many people recently dropped to 250-255 in CK, after getting 255-260 in step 1. This could be related to new harder CK exams.
Hi all, I’m IMG with step 1 (254) and took my CK recently and my scored dropped to 250. Will this be a red flag on my application?
No. Absolutely not.
DO Student
Step 1: 243
Comlex 1: 631
Goal Step 2: 255+
Goal Comlex 2: 650+
Rotation Order:
- IM (first 1/2)
- OB/GYN
- IM (second 1/2)
- Psych
- FM
- Cardiology
- Peds
- Surgery
- Heme/Onc
- Neuro
Resources:
- Anki (Tzanki + Dorian Supplement)
- UWorld (min 2 passes)
- OnlineMedEd
Step 2/Level 2 Date: would like to take in May
Checking in as well. Kept up with TZanki (& Dorian FM) this year (except the OB/GYN cards 'cause it's my least favorite subject.. working on chipping away at those this month.) >50% UWorld completed; ~74% correct.
Taking first practice exam at the end of March; sitting for Step 2 at the end of April; sitting for Level 2 in early May.
Can't believe we're already nearing the end of year 3 homies.
Anyone know which specialties require/strongly recommend Step 2 CK? I have back-to-back aways from June-September so was planning on taking it in October. I know for IM, EM, FM, Anesthesia it helps (anything that requires medical intern year basically). What about ortho, plastics, ENT, etc.?
If you took it Friday the 14th you can expect your score 3 Wednesdays later, therefore March 4 (assuming no weird delays). If you just took your score on Friday you probably cannot tell P/F status yet with any sign up methods. If you "print permit" button still present on your scores page? If so I think your exam might not be scored yet.I should get my score back this or next week, but I checked NBME website and they let me start a new application to pay page...does that mean I fail? I am US school
I know its hard but take a deep breath and try to do other things until you know results for certain, you can really put yourself through stress. These exams are the worst... but no matter what you will move on and become a great physician.
I took it 1/31...my schedule period expired so I don’t think permit truck work for me? But I tried to schedule step one and it also let me...n I passed step one...♀️ This is nerve crackingIf you took it Friday the 14th you can expect your score 3 Wednesdays later, therefore March 4 (assuming no weird delays). If you just took your score on Friday you probably cannot tell P/F status yet with any sign up methods. If you "print permit" button still present on your scores page? If so I think your exam might not be scored yet.
I know its hard but take a deep breath and try to do other things until you know results for certain, you can really put yourself through stress. These exams are the worst... but no matter what you will move on and become a great physician.
Gotcha, yeah my guess is you will get it today with me (Jan 27th taker). Did you get the email? Good luck!I took it 1/31...my schedule period expired so I don’t think permit truck work for me? But I tried to schedule step one and it also let me...n I passed step one...♀ This is nerve cracking
Score back today! Scored a 260, really happy about it. I got a 235 on step one and at the time was pretty disappointed with me score. So I’m happy with the improvement.
I am a DO student and scored 596 and 718 on comlex 1 and 2.
I am a DO student and scored 596 and 718 on comlex 1 and 2.
Score back today! Scored a 260, really happy about it. I got a 235 on step one and at the time was pretty disappointed with me score. So I’m happy with the improvement.
I am a DO student and scored 596 and 718 on comlex 1 and 2
Congrats! Care to share how you approached Step 2 (and comlex 2) as far as resources? Had a lackluster Step 1 and hoping to make similar moves for Step 2.
Congrats! Care to share how you approached Step 2 (and comlex 2) as far as resources? Had a lackluster Step 1 and hoping to make similar moves for Step 2.
Yea, so I pretty much kept it simple. During 3rd year I watched all the OME videos for the respective field, took notes on them and did uworld questions to prepare for each shelf. I’d say like 200-300 questions/mth.
When it came to dedicated I had like 16 days or so of dedicated so I just devoted a day per subject and did 4 things each day.
1) one hour of anki
2) 2 blocks of mixed questions + reviewed them (uworld or combank)
3) reviewed my ome notes for that subject
4) then I would listen to 2-3 chapters of “top secrets for USMLE step 2” podcast (free on iTunes)- highly recommend this along with getting the book. Very easy read helped me nail in several high yield question topics
studied 7-10 hrs per day, tried to sleep 8-9 hrs and work out every day, and do some meditation to keep me relaxed
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the surgery shelf do you guys recommend any sections of de Virgilio over the rest? Really doubt I’ll be able to read this whole book but would like to get through some of it. I think the trauma chapter has been super helpful but that’s all I’ve gotten through so far.
For the surgery shelf do you guys recommend any sections of de Virgilio over the rest? Really doubt I’ll be able to read this whole book but would like to get through some of it. I think the trauma chapter has been super helpful but that’s all I’ve gotten through so far.
I would just try to do the questions at the end for each section and then read the explanations! Otherwise, highest yield for the test is probably upper GI and lower GI, maybe endocrine, maybe trauma.
Just took it last week. If you’ve already done medicine the test is not bad at all relative to that imo...I did 900 cards from Dorian Anki + UW surgery and incorrects, 2 NBMEs, pestana questions and crammed devirgill Qs and emma videos the last 2 days. Very doable over 4 weeks even with terrible hoursFor the surgery shelf do you guys recommend any sections of de Virgilio over the rest? Really doubt I’ll be able to read this whole book but would like to get through some of it. I think the trauma chapter has been super helpful but that’s all I’ve gotten through so far.
I think devirgillio was the lowest yield out of all those tbh except for breast and GI chapter summary’s and questions.
Breast, skin, ENT was very emphasized on my form. GI, Cards and trauma was straightforward out of uworld surgery.
Rest (~40%) was mostly medicine (thyroid, secondary htn disorders, renal/lytes) with some neuro and ob stuff sprinkled in.
Awesome thanks! Didn't even realize there were questions in Devergillio haha I'll just do those and the summaries for a few sections.Just took it last week. If you’ve already done medicine the test is not bad at all relative to that imo...I did 900 cards from Dorian Anki + UW surgery and incorrects, 2 NBMEs, pestana questions and crammed devirgill Qs and emma videos the last 2 days. Very doable over 4 weeks even with terrible hours
I think devirgillio was the lowest yield out of all those tbh except for breast and GI chapter summary’s and questions.
Breast, skin, ENT was very emphasized on my form. GI, Cards and trauma was straightforward out of uworld surgery.
Rest (~40%) was mostly medicine (thyroid, secondary htn disorders, renal/lytes) with some neuro and ob stuff sprinkled in.
Awesome, thank you!I would just try to do the questions at the end for each section and then read the explanations! Otherwise, highest yield for the test is probably upper GI and lower GI, maybe endocrine, maybe trauma.
Update:
Peds shelf 78
OB/gyn shelf 88 (92nd percentile)
IM shelf 81 (73rd percentile)
Doing pretty decent, basically only using Dorian and Uworld as resources. I have surgery next. Anyone have any advice on how to do well on surgery shelf other than what I’ve been doing??
Planning on taking step 2CK at the end of July. Finish with psych as my last core rotation and a two week anesthesia rotation which should allow a lot of time to start studying. Goal 250+
Shelf Update:
Peds: 78 (59th percentile)
OB/Gyn: 88 (92nd percentile)
IM: 81 (73rd percentile)
Surgery: 83 (89th percentile)
Surgery shelf was tough - walked out feeling okay but remembered a couple stupid ones I missed that left me uneasy for the last week. Overall pretty happy. Read all of Pestanas (including audiobook + Q's), DeVirgillos (+ Q's), UWorld, Amboss and of course dorian deck.
You guys think I am on pace for 250+ on Step 2CK??
How many aways are you guys planning to apply to? I’m planning on doing 3 and was wondering if I should apply to at least 3 programs for each time slot? So like 9 total or is that not enough/too much. I have no idea if its competitive to get these rotations or not.
A
AnatomyGrey12
How many aways are you guys planning to apply to? I’m planning on doing 3 and was wondering if I should apply to at least 3 programs for each time slot? So like 9 total or is that not enough/too much. I have no idea if its competitive to get these rotations or not.
I'm applying for about 3 per time slot. I'm a DO tho, so that might affect things a bit. It's irritating so many of these places won't let us know until later if we got a spot.
Curious what everyone is thinking about or applying into?
right now it’s gen surg vs anesthesia (to crit!care) for me. Enjoyed IR a lot too but not sure if I can tolerate the reading room for more than 30 minutes at a time. Kinda feeling the same about gas on slow days where cases are just healthy pt w MAC with quick turnover
right now it’s gen surg vs anesthesia (to crit!care) for me. Enjoyed IR a lot too but not sure if I can tolerate the reading room for more than 30 minutes at a time. Kinda feeling the same about gas on slow days where cases are just healthy pt w MAC with quick turnover
How many aways are you guys planning to apply to? I’m planning on doing 3 and was wondering if I should apply to at least 3 programs for each time slot? So like 9 total or is that not enough/too much. I have no idea if its competitive to get these rotations or not.
I'm applying to 6 total across 2 time slots. One program I really really want to be at I'm applying for both months.
Yeah do you know when we can even expect to hear back? My first one is supposed to be in June and I just started looking into VSAS hahaI'm applying for about 3 per time slot. I'm a DO tho, so that might affect things a bit. It's irritating so many of these places won't let us know until later if we got a spot.
I did an ortho rotation and there was a M4 who was on her 5th away rotation. InsaneI’m applying a surgical sub with a 238 and was advised by my mentor today to do 4 aways lol. Fml
A
AnatomyGrey12
I’m applying a surgical sub with a 238 and was advised by my mentor today to do 4 aways lol. Fml
Same. It's gonna be a long 16 weeks lol
Yeah do you know when we can even expect to hear back? My first one is supposed to be in June and I just started looking into VSAS haha
Most programs will have a "date applicants will be notified of decisions" listed on their institution summary page. I have no idea how accurate that is, but I'm hoping it's accurate.
I did an ortho rotation and there was a M4 who was on her 5th away rotation. Insane
Man that's DO world status. My buddy is applying ENT and the DO ENT programs essentially require an audition to get an interview, and the auditions are 2 weeks so he will be doing 8 aways.
A
AnatomyGrey12
Curious what everyone is thinking about or applying into?
right now it’s gen surg vs anesthesia (to crit!care) for me. Enjoyed IR a lot too but not sure if I can tolerate the reading room for more than 30 minutes at a time. Kinda feeling the same about gas on slow days where cases are just healthy pt w MAC with quick turnover
Gen Surg for me. Flirted with ortho for a bit but realized on my elective that I liked the bread and butter GS cases a lot more.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did an ortho rotation and there was a M4 who was on her 5th away rotation. Insane
If my schedule would have allowed he would have told me to do 10 lmao, gotta maximize those interviews
I’m 90% sure I’m doing DR haha I like the reading room. Considering trying to do IR through ESIR but I’m not sure yet.Curious what everyone is thinking about or applying into?
right now it’s gen surg vs anesthesia (to crit!care) for me. Enjoyed IR a lot too but not sure if I can tolerate the reading room for more than 30 minutes at a time. Kinda feeling the same about gas on slow days where cases are just healthy pt w MAC with quick turnover
Yeah I liked the bread and butter of gen surg way more too, plus fellowship options are crazy diverse in both lifestyle and type of workGen Surg for me. Flirted with ortho for a bit but realized on my elective that I liked the bread and butter GS cases a lot more.
Curious what everyone is thinking about or applying into?
right now it’s gen surg vs anesthesia (to crit!care) for me. Enjoyed IR a lot too but not sure if I can tolerate the reading room for more than 30 minutes at a time. Kinda feeling the same about gas on slow days where cases are just healthy pt w MAC with quick turnover
Plastics with very strong regional preferences (I clearly like to make it difficult on myself).
Anesthesiology gang day 1... But have that few minutes of panic thinking of switching to radiology each day.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 585
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 873