**Official 2021 Prosthodontics PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats to all.
could someone tell me please how this post-match works? do I need to apply through pass again?
Check the faq of the match website. They have all the information.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations to all those who matched.

Is it really necessary to send out confirmation emails to the programs? I know it is mentioned in the Match website but I feel like it is kinda awkward.
Hey. Where is it mentioned that we have email programs for the confirmation? I thought we only have to wait for the offer letter.

Hey. Where is it mentioned that we have email programs for the confirmation? I thought we only have to wait for the offer letter.

According to their website "If you matched to a position, you should contact the program to acknowledge the Match result as soon as possible after 12:00 p.m. noon ET on November 20, 2020." Link: Applicants | Results

Though I don't have to anymore I guess, the PD already contacted me first.

Members don't see this ad :)
Indiana University has an opening for their 4 yr maxillofacial prosthetics+prosthodontics integrated program for anyone interested!

Reactions: 1 users
According to their website "If you matched to a position, you should contact the program to acknowledge the Match result as soon as possible after 12:00 p.m. noon ET on November 20, 2020." Link: Applicants | Results

Hi where did u match?

Thanks.. I missed that part. And congratulations

This was honestly a hard journey y'all. Congrats again to those who matched somewhere and even if you didn't, I'm just gonna say this was a super hard year w/ so many applicants.

Reactions: 1 user
Matched at UCSF. Congrats to all those who matched. Best of luck to those who attempt post match.

Matched at University of Rochester!! Congratulations to all those who matched!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Programs accepted less residents than previous years? In my program we should be 5, but we are only 4.

Congratulations to everyone who matched :)

Unfortunately I didn’t match. One of the programs that I ranked is available post-match. Obviously this program didn’t rank me at all. Is there any point in me approaching them for a position?
If you want to go there, reach out. You never know and they may look favorably on your interest! Good luck.

A request to any candidate that participated in the match but did not match:

Can you please post all of the post-match programs that are available?

This information helped me when choosing schools and I am sure students will crawl this thread next year looking for information.

A request to any candidate that participated in the match but did not match:

Can you please post all of the post-match programs that are available?

This information helped me when choosing schools and I am sure students will crawl this thread next year looking for information.

Someone posted this on the ortho thread

BB5948D8-7FCE-4297-8E0B-6EFDF08313F8.jpeg

If that is all, programs definitively get fewer residents this year!

Doesn’t seem to be true. According to statistics on the match website, 130 positions were available in prosth this year compared to 123 positions last year. Last year 15 post match seats were available, this year there are 12. The screenshot is missing one program.

Programs accepted less residents than previous years? In my program we should be 5, but we are only 4.
There could be a deferred applicant from this year to next year hence fewer applicants for 2024 residents..

Could anyone tell us about BU , i have done my interview on Sep 2020 and didn’t hear anything from them

Could anyone tell us about BU , i have done my interview on Sep 2020 and didn’t hear anything from them

I received an acceptance to BU on October 8th. I rejected it a week later but I am assuming they went down the list and filled up their spots by mid-October. If you have not heard back, it is safe to say that you were not selected. Keep your chin up and try again. Would also be worthwhile to email the director and ask how you can improve your application and make yourself a competitive applicant.

I matched at UAB! 🙏🏻Thank you all for your support and for sharing all the information, it really helped me get through the nerve racking process! I wish you all the best!!

Hi all, any idea how are the schools filling up the post- match positions ?

I matched at UAB! 🙏🏻Thank you all for your support and for sharing all the information, it really helped me get through the nerve racking process! I wish you all the best!!

Awesome. Can you provide us with some tips?

Hello..I also matched at UAB..

Hello All,
Anyone applying to PROS program this year? I couldn't find the thread for the current cycle?. What would be the earliest can anyone think of submitting their applications?

Hello All,
Anyone applying to PROS program this year? I couldn't find the thread for the current cycle?. What would be the earliest can anyone think of submitting their applications?
You can submit your application as soon as the PASS portal opens up! Since the portal is already open, you can even submit your application today. Don't submit your application early just for the sake of submitting it early though. Make sure it is good first.

Hello All,
I submitted mine already bc I’ve been working on getting everything together for it since March. there is a thread for this year though!

I submitted mine already bc I’ve been working on getting everything together for it since March. there is a thread for this year though!
Cool. Can you Pls post the link. Thank you.

Guys, I didn’t recieve rejection or invitation from Nova, hermanstro, Albama. Does it mean i got rejections from them 😥?? kindly reply to this.

Guys, I didn’t recieve rejection or invitation from Nova, hermanstro, Albama. Does it mean i got rejections from them 😥?? kindly reply to this.
Swapniks,

Sometimes schools sent out a second round of invitations. However, most schools do not. I am not sure if the schools you mentioned are part of the list but I would say it is, unfortunately, not a good sign. Stay motivated though! There is always a way :)

It has been rather quiet here! Feel free to update each other on your experiences at the schools you have interviewed at, and ask questions regarding the importance of certain aspects of each program.

For example, did anybody visit a program that was exceptionally strong in the realm of digital prosthodontics? If so, what was your experience and is it something that you think will be important in deciding your ranks?
Yes we need to know more about the programs please

Congratulations folks,

I know this is too late, but I want to try for the most match.

Can anyone please tell me how I should approach the Post-match positions?

Is it essential to have LOR written by Prosthodontic faculty?

What is the possibility of getting an interview during post-match as I am a general dentist?

Particularly what dental programs look onto a candidate.

Thank you in advance for the valuable information.

Last edited:
Is there any payment that needs to be done after rank certification. I have been trying to find out but no avail, please help