Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
While going through my transcript I had something I was thinking as labeling as a retake, but wanted to see what you guys thought. As of now, I have not marked it as a repeat.
I have a 5 unit "Pre-Calculus" course for which I received an F. I later have a 3 unit "College Algebra" course, for which I received an A. I compared the syllabi, and even though they are different, they are almost exactly the same.
The Pre-Calculus course is "MATH 220" and the College Algebra course is "MATH 215". They fill the same purpose, as being the class you take before Calculus, but the Pre-Calculus course is from the accelerated track.
Should I mark them as a retake? My concern is that the newer course is less units and not the exact same title.
What I've seen posted on these boards in the past is that any retake has to be of equal or greater credit hours. There are stories of people taking 3 quarter classes in hopes of replacing 2 semesters and AACOMAS denied the replacement because despite the fact that it was one year of instruction vs one year of instruction the individual classes were fewer hours.
