-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*~*~* Official AACOMAS Questions Thread 2015-2016 *~*~*
Started by AlteredScale
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I'm confused, I'm paying for them to enter my grades. So does this mean that I can't edit after I submit, as in to send for review for colleges? Or submit after I pay for them to do it? Because I have a summer quarter that I have to put in later.
The colleges you have chosen are to be submitted for Professional Transcript Entry.
Once you submit, you will not be able to edit the coursework for your transcripts.
Please confirm that you understand your transcript entry will lock after you submit:
I acknowledge that upon payment, certain portions of my transcript entry will lock.
The colleges you have chosen are to be submitted for Professional Transcript Entry.
Once you submit, you will not be able to edit the coursework for your transcripts.
Please confirm that you understand your transcript entry will lock after you submit:
I acknowledge that upon payment, certain portions of my transcript entry will lock.
did you happen to find out what to do?
My date is correct on mine.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The PDF of the app is there once you e-submit. GPA won't be there until verified.
A: GPA calculations can be viewed in the application PDF which is available from the “Program Status” tab of your application AFTER your application has been verified by AACOMAS. Click on the blue icon in the upper right of each program you have applied to to bring up your application PDF.
Oh okay got it. I didn't realize you couldn't view the PDF until after e-submitting. Thank you!!
I have a very tricky scenario. I took three classes during my freshman year at a university and got C's in all three. Then I transferred to a different university, where I retook all three and got A's in all of them. I know do schools do grade replacement, but here's the kicker: the first university counted these classes as 4 credit hours each, while the second university only counted them as having 3 hours each. How do I enter grades in such a situation? For those who are wondering, these three classes were first semester chem, bio, and stats.
I'm confused, I'm paying for them to enter my grades. So does this mean that I can't edit after I submit, as in to send for review for colleges? Or submit after I pay for them to do it? Because I have a summer quarter that I have to put in later.
The colleges you have chosen are to be submitted for Professional Transcript Entry.
Once you submit, you will not be able to edit the coursework for your transcripts.
Please confirm that you understand your transcript entry will lock after you submit:
I acknowledge that upon payment, certain portions of my transcript entry will lock.
You should be able to edit them once they are entered, at least it says in their Terms of Services.
" I will review all the coursework entries and either certify their accuracy or correct all errors before submitting coursework to any institution. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to ensure that all coursework submissions are true, complete, and accurate."
Maybe you wont be able to enter the coursework manually until they are entered by Professional Transcript Entry, and then you can review it and correct?
I want to use this feature too, so other feedback would be nice.
Last edited:
If the responsibility is still on you why not just enter it yourself? I did 3 transcripts in like an hour.
If the responsibility is still on you why not just enter it yourself? I did 3 transcripts in like an hour.
Did you do it off your unofficial transcript? Or did you have to get the official copy?
I have a few questions about the course work section:
1. I took a course called "career planning seminar". And I can't find an appropriate subject for it from the list they give us. Does anyone have any idea of which category a course like this would fall under?
2. A few schools require 2 courses in behavioral sciences. The specific school websites only listed psychology, sociology, anthropology, philosophy, etc under this category. I took a class called "human relations in organizations". Would this be considered a behavioral science?
3. I received credits for biological research, which is listed on my transcript as a class. I can't find a subject for it either. Should I just say biology?
Please help! Thanks a lot! 🙂
1. Special Topics
2. You have to call each school and ask, give them a course description, thats what I had to do
3. Yes, biology
I got officials to be safe but for my institutions the only difference is the paper it is printed on.
They will see both regardless of what u doRegarding the submit of MCAT scores, I took the test 2 times.
So should I submit both of my scores, or only the latest or the highest?
Thanks!
I spoke with a representative and was told that as long as we entered the correct date it is okay and they will figure it out. both my MCATs show a day before I took them. She said not to worry, so I'm notAnyone been able to have aacomas fix their MCAT date? When I enter mine, it shows it as one day earlier. The rep I contact said they saw the date I meant to enter, but haven't heard back since.
It shows one day earlier for me too! Glad to hear I am not the only one.I spoke with a representative and was told that as long as we entered the correct date it is okay and they will figure it out. both my MCATs show a day before I took them. She said not to worry, so I'm not
For hobbies what should we put as the title and organization name? Also the dates/number of weeks/number of hours?
Just make it up. They'll figure it outFor hobbies what should we put as the title and organization name? Also the dates/number of weeks/number of hours?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had no idea we can put hobbies ha! I am such a noob in this whole application process. Thanks all for replies and inputs, you guys are the best!For hobbies what should we put as the title and organization name? Also the dates/number of weeks/number of hours?
Do you guys think it's okay to put stuff like hiking/ painting, even though I am not a member of the official club, etc.
Mine was not working 30 minutes ago, but as of now it is.
Try closing your browser, clearing cache if needed, and reopening.
Thanks, I'll keep trying.
Question for you, How long have you been working on your application? AACOMAS said 1-4 HOURS! 😵
Ive been working on it since the 5th and just finished. Transcripts are in and letters are requested, 20 extras, awards and personal statement. Just curious seeing that you seem to reply on this thread a lot.
Do I list all of my shadowing experiences from different doctors separately, or do I list them together? If I list them together, I wouldnt be able to list all the names and contact information, but if I don't know how many entries it allows me to list them separately.
Do I list all of my shadowing experiences from different doctors separately, or do I list them together? If I list them together, I wouldnt be able to list all the names and contact information, but if I don't know how many entries it allows me to list them separately.
I don't think schools want to read 5 plus different experiences of all shadowing. Make one experience, a small description then list the doctors. At the most I would only make 2 separate shadow experience entries, maybe an MD and a DO.
I combined all of mine onto one, thats just my 2 cents
okay thanks!!!I don't think schools want to read 5 plus different experiences of all shadowing. Make one experience, a small description then list the doctors. At the most I would only make 2 separate shadow experience entries, maybe an MD and a DO.
I combined all of mine onto one, thats just my 2 cents
Oh sorry, dumb question, I assume that you list shadowing under experiences correct? Healthcare experience??I don't think schools want to read 5 plus different experiences of all shadowing. Make one experience, a small description then list the doctors. At the most I would only make 2 separate shadow experience entries, maybe an MD and a DO.
I combined all of mine onto one, thats just my 2 cents
Oh sorry, dumb question, I assume that you list shadowing under experiences correct? Healthcare experience??
No such thing as a dumb question. yes, u are correct
I had no idea we can put hobbies ha! I am such a noob in this whole application process. Thanks all for replies and inputs, you guys are the best!
Do you guys think it's okay to put stuff like hiking/ painting, even though I am not a member of the official club, etc.
Everyone will tell you something different regarding hobbies. Some will say its an application filler and others say it shows you're a well rounded applicant. If you think that hiking/painting/ etc has been beneficial in your life and has in some way contributed to you being a good physician in the future it might be worth putting it in. Just remember, EVERYTHING that goes into ur application is fair game in an interview, they're great at picking out things in your application to trip you up.
Thanks! I'm applying to >20 schools so that'll be a lot of calls to make. xD1. Special Topics
2. You have to call each school and ask, give them a course description, thats what I had to do
3. Yes, biology
Another coursework related question: I graduated from college already, but I never took sociology, which is required by some schools. I'm planning to take it before matriculating, if I get accepted of course. How do I indicate on AACOMAS that I'm planning to take a future class without being enrolled at the moment? Do I need to add a institution (e.g. a community college) where I plan to take the class?
Another coursework related question: I graduated from college already, but I never took sociology, which is required by some schools. I'm planning to take it before matriculating, if I get accepted of course. How do I indicate on AACOMAS that I'm planning to take a future class without being enrolled at the moment? Do I need to add a institution (e.g. a community college) where I plan to take the class?
+1
... me too here. I heard MUCOM requires Sociology. I haven't looked for it in depth, but can you please tell me what others require it?
But just as a guess, I would think the interaction and reporting would be more direct with the specific school (as in not via AACOMAS).
Question for you, How long have you been working on your application?
I already had my PS completed and my activity descriptions framed out.
With this done, it took a couple hours. I have been continually refining and editing though over the past week. I still am waiting on my last letter I need for AACOMAS, so I plan on submitting it mid next week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not all require it, also go on their websites. Most likely their response when you call will be "you will have to wait until your application is reviewed, select what you think will meet that requirement" They won't give u a yes or no over the phone.Thanks! I'm applying to >20 schools so that'll be a lot of calls to make. xD
Are you still able to add an extra evaluator after submitted? can anyone who submitted verify if this is possible?
I am currently waiting on two professors, and not sure which one I want to use. I was under the impression that you did not need to have your letters in, but possible could not add another one.
Edit: "add new evaluations up to the limit of six" found it. Guess I did not look close enough.
I am currently waiting on two professors, and not sure which one I want to use. I was under the impression that you did not need to have your letters in, but possible could not add another one.
Edit: "add new evaluations up to the limit of six" found it. Guess I did not look close enough.
+1
... me too here. I heard MUCOM requires Sociology. I haven't looked for it in depth, but can you please tell me what others require it?
But just as a guess, I would think the interaction and reporting would be more direct with the specific school (as in not via AACOMAS).
Rowan and LECOM do
Are you still able to add an extra evaluator after submitted? can anyone who submitted verify if this is possible?
I am currently waiting on two professors, and not sure which one I want to use. I was under the impression that you did not need to have your letters in, but possible could not add another one.
Edit: "add new evaluations up to the limit of six" found it. Guess I did not look close enough.
I spoke with AACOMAS yesterday on the phone. I was told you can add evaluators after you submit. As long as you have at least one in a the time of submission. Thats just what I was told.
So far I think MUCOM is the only one that specifically requires sociology. And here's what I found from AACOMAS:+1
... me too here. I heard MUCOM requires Sociology. I haven't looked for it in depth, but can you please tell me what others require it?
But just as a guess, I would think the interaction and reporting would be more direct with the specific school (as in not via AACOMAS).
Q: I’m planning on taking prerequisite courses in the future but have not enrolled in them yet and/or I do not know where I will be taking them. Can I still list these as planned?
A: Yes. AACOMAS does not verify these courses, and therefore does not require verification of enrollment or registration at a school. Should your plans change, however, you should update the programs you are applying to as soon as possible.
For LECOM, their website says psychology or sociology. Does the requirement differ by campus?Rowan and LECOM do
Gotcha~ thanks for your input!Not all require it, also go on their websites. Most likely their response when you call will be "you will have to wait until your application is reviewed, select what you think will meet that requirement" They won't give u a yes or no over the phone.
I dont believe soFor LECOM, their website says psychology or sociology. Does the requirement differ by campus?
When assigning pre-reqs, they ask for a minimum of 2 biology courses. I took more than 2, so should I assign all of them as pre-reqs or just 2?
Just the minimumWhen assigning pre-reqs, they ask for a minimum of 2 biology courses. I took more than 2, so should I assign all of them as pre-reqs or just 2?
For my sports team I put volunteer because I originally walked on, but I also checked compensation because I was awarded a scholarship soon after. For shadowing I plan to put volunteer.What did you put for the "type of recognition" check box?
I would be shocked if someone got compensated to Shadow. haha 🙂For my sports team I put volunteer because I originally walked on, but I also checked compensation because I was awarded a scholarship soon after. For shadowing I plan to put volunteer.
I would be shocked if someone got compensated to Shadow. haha 🙂
scribing 😉
True. However Ive heard some scribes go in prior to the doctors evaluation, gather history and then leave. Good for patient interaction, idk about doctor shadowing though.scribing 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
True. However Ive heard some scribes go in prior to the doctors evaluation, gather history and then leave. Good for patient interaction, idk about doctor shadowing though.
I have actually heard this happening too... Always struck me as odd though since scribes can take down a dictated or observed PE in the room. But hey, each physician/group/company does it a their own way
Sorry for bombarding with questions today.
I am filling out an award section, putting my Employee Scholarship that I got based on the essay I wrote. Should I paste a link in the Brief Description to my essay? It's on school website as a pdf file. Is it too much?
Also for Dean's Lists, are you putting it in awards section as well?
I am filling out an award section, putting my Employee Scholarship that I got based on the essay I wrote. Should I paste a link in the Brief Description to my essay? It's on school website as a pdf file. Is it too much?
Also for Dean's Lists, are you putting it in awards section as well?
I spoke with AACOMAS yesterday on the phone. I was told you can add evaluators after you submit. As long as you have at least one in a the time of submission. Thats just what I was told.
However, I don't think you can edit current evaluators after submission, only add them
Can anybody who has successfully submitted confirm this? I'm about ready to submit my application, but I might have another evaluation I want to add in about a month's time.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 15
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K