*~*~* Official AACOMAS Questions Thread 2015-2016 *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@juice31 I'm assuming some schools fit two sessions in at different times in their summer semester...I just put summer 1 for my school that has one session
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how strict the guidelines are for "extracurriculars"? I have a few extracurriculars that weren't through my college...
 
Does anyone know how strict the guidelines are for "extracurriculars"? I have a few extracurriculars that weren't through my college...
I thought extracurriculars was pretty much anything outside of school (i.e., shadowing, volunteering, jobs). I may be wrong.
 
hmm well the application instructions say:

Extracurricular Activities
Any sports teams and other activities through a college or university.
 
I have one semester in college where on the official transcript it says:

fall 2005
in-absentia univ 4000 0.0 units

Do I need to input this as a term under my coursework? and if so how?
 
i am still really confused on how to use interfolio with AACOMAS. can someone please explain this in first post on this thread
 
Copy and pasted from another thread:

Great success! I was able to use the fake emails that interfolio gives you to request my LOR in AACOMAS application. Contacted interfolio about it, but everything went through smoothly. Got the confirmation from AACOMAS that all letters were received.
step by step instructions please lol
i'm so confused
i found this link
https://help.interfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/204497143

but there's nothing on aacomas
 
Any 100% clarification about combined Lecture + Lab courses?

My combined courses do not mention "lab" in the description. How do I go about indicating that?
 
So my school incorporates our lab grade into our lecture grade but on my transcript it looks like this:
General Biology Credits: 4 Grade: A
General Biology Lab Credits: 0 Grade: [its just blank]

I entered it in the coursework as:
General Biology Credits: 4 Grade: A
General Biology Lab Credits: 0 Grade: N/A

Do you think that's okay? I'm assuming its implied that my lab grade is incorporated into my lecture grade but I'm not sure.
 
What are y'all putting as "Grade" for AP courses? Is it okay to put exactly what the school has? One school says "TCR" and one says "AP" for me.

Also, if two schools gave your AP credit for the same course, should you list it twice?
 
Any 100% clarification about combined Lecture + Lab courses?

My combined courses do not mention "lab" in the description. How do I go about indicating that?

Q: How do I list Lab courses?
A: If your TRANSCRIPT lists labs separately, then they must be listed separately on your application as well. Please record the lab as it appears on your transcript, with the title, prefix/number, amount of credits, and grade given. If your transcript combines lab/lecture courses into one class on a transcript, they should be reported as one entry on your application.
 
How exactly do I send the transcripts in? Do i have to go to each individual school in person because it is asking that i print the page and have them send that in with the transcript, or can i do this online via schools transcript services?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not to oversimplify, but all you need to do is rack up some great grades, do well on your MCAT, and you are on your way. Your "life story" is extremely moving, to me at least, and I think your essays could do a number on an admissions committee. If you want to be a doctor, go follow your dreams, buddy!!!


More or less. My ug has a section to upload a face sheet but my post bac doesn't so I had to go there in person.
 
Quick update for those using the "Document Email" strategy with Interfolio.

I called to check on my deliveries and the representative confirmed that the initial deliveries to "AACOMAS" were successful. The secondary request generated from "CAS" is a duplicate request that is automatically generated by the application. I was told that I could safely ignore the second pending delivery from "CAS".
 
How exactly do I send the transcripts in? Do i have to go to each individual school in person because it is asking that i print the page and have them send that in with the transcript, or can i do this online via schools transcript services?

That depends on your school.

I have six schools with transcripts and each has transitioned to online transcript requests. They either allowed me to scan and upload the request form or fax/mail it in.

Your best bet is just to go to your school's registrar page for transcript requests. If they don't allow you to scan and upload the cover page, then you may have to print a cover letter (from the school) and attach it to your transcript request form - then mail or fax it to your school. I am sure you can also go in if needed, depending on the school.
 
How exactly do I send the transcripts in? Do i have to go to each individual school in person because it is asking that i print the page and have them send that in with the transcript, or can i do this online via schools transcript services?

That depends on your school.

I have six schools with transcripts and each has transitioned to online transcript requests. They either allowed me to scan and upload the request form or fax/mail it in.

Your best bet is just to go to your school's registrar page for transcript requests. If they don't allow you to scan and upload the cover page, then you may have to print a cover letter (from the school) and attach it to your transcript request form - then mail or fax it to your school. I am sure you can also go in if needed, depending on the school.

This, but you can also send transcripts without the form.

IMPORTANT: If you are requesting a transcript online, we understand you cannot include the transcript request form. Instead, include the word “AACOMAS ID#” and your FULL AACOMAS ID# when you are typing our address into the field for where you want the company to mail the transcript. This way, your AACOMAS ID# will print onto the transcript as part of the address label and we can match your transcript to your application.
 
lol one more, does a research presentation ( poster presentation) go under my research in experiences or does it go under achievements? cause theres "presentation" category there...
 
What are y'all putting as "Grade" for AP courses? Is it okay to put exactly what the school has? One school says "TCR" and one says "AP" for me.

Also, if two schools gave your AP credit for the same course, should you list it twice?
anyone?
 
Put whatever your school says, so TCR and AP. There is no grade affiliated with either.

List it once, it explicitly states not to re-list coursework that was transferred. So enter it in the original school that gave you credit.
 
Some schools require behavioral science. As of now, I don't plan on taking it. If I submit my app without the behavioral science prerequisites and get an interview for these schools, can I just take in next spring/summer? Or do I have to have it listed as "planned coursework" to get an interview?
 
Do you guys know if we are suppose to make one shadowing experience for all physicians that were shadowed or make one experience for each physician that you shadowed?
 
Did anyone see that they now offer Professional Transcript Entry $55 for 3 transcripts?! I had already entered my courses in. Not sure if I should still use their services to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. Was this offered last year?
 
I have a few questions about the course work section:

1. I took a course called "career planning seminar". And I can't find an appropriate subject for it from the list they give us. Does anyone have any idea of which category a course like this would fall under?

2. A few schools require 2 courses in behavioral sciences. The specific school websites only listed psychology, sociology, anthropology, philosophy, etc under this category. I took a class called "human relations in organizations". Would this be considered a behavioral science?

3. I received credits for biological research, which is listed on my transcript as a class. I can't find a subject for it either. Should I just say biology?

Please help! Thanks a lot! 🙂
 
Last edited:
am I the only one experiencing difficulties with selecting programs? (the first step to the application?) When I select a program and click "done" it does not show me a list of the programs I had JUST selected...
Anyone?
 
@FloresMD I believe you can do either:

Q: I have similar experiences. Should I list them out separately or group them together?
A: You may enter them in whichever manner you feel best represents your experiences to your programs.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the prereq section do we have to click every possible bio class we have taken or just meet the minimum requirement to get the check mark?
 
Is there any other way to access the Instruction and FAQS other than the link in the application? Like a PDF? I've tried accessing it on 3 different browsers for the past week and it won't load. Anyone having this problem?
 
So if we use interfolio for LORS, we should just click "I am not adding any evaluations"? I am aware of bypassing aacomas and utilizing Interfolio within the application but I would rather avoid any future problems.
 
That is your computer issue then.

Delete your cache and cookies then try again. I just tested it on Firefox, Chrome, and Safari - worked on all.
 
That is your computer issue then.

Delete your cache and cookies then try again. I just tested it on Firefox, Chrome, and Safari - worked on all.

I tried that earlier and still had no luck. Also had my gf try on her laptop and it didn't work. Also tried on my phone and had success once, but haven't had luck since. Have tried on multiple wifi connections.

I think it's a problem on their end, but I could be wrong. Not very tech savvy.
 
I mean, it's definitely not a problem on their end, as I can pull it up from that link or the link in the application.
 
How do enter pass/fail courses? Passes are listed on my transcript as "S" so should I put "S" as the grade or P so that aacomas can understand it?
 
Does any one know if we are required to submit LORs through the application in order to get verified and complete?
I have all my letters with my UG letter service and just figured I would have my UG mail my letters when I submit secondaries.
 
also, are you guys just putting "volunteer" for any EC that's not "compensated", "academic credit", or traditional "volunteer" work?
i.e. sports
 
Does any one know if we are required to submit LORs through the application in order to get verified and complete?
I have all my letters with my UG letter service and just figured I would have my UG mail my letters when I submit secondaries.
You are not required to use their letter service. Your app will be verified without any LOR's in their system.
 
Is anyone experiencing issues paying for the programs that have been assigned prerequisites? I don't see the blue "pay now" box and the school status bar is stagnate at about 98%. Any help would be appreciated.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Regarding the submit of MCAT scores, I took the test 2 times.

So should I submit both of my scores, or only the latest or the highest?

Thanks!
 
Well if anyone gets a fix to the paying button, can they post it here?

It sounds like more people are having the same problem, so it is likely an error on their end.
 
Regarding the submit of MCAT scores, I took the test 2 times.

So should I submit both of my scores, or only the latest or the highest?

Thanks!

You don't have a choice - so both.

AAMC will release all your scores when you send them.
 
Well if anyone gets a fix to the paying button, can they post it here?

It sounds like more people are having the same problem, so it is likely an error on their end.

Yea, even more convincing that it's an error is that schools without prereqs needing to be entered are not turning "blue" either. I'll try to find out from them and I'll post here
 
Status
Not open for further replies.