*** Official BU Henry M Goldman Dental School C/O 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

is there a facebook page yet?

Members don't see this ad.

hey all,

i have my BU interview next week..any advice or things i should be aware of before my interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I'm new to SDN, but I accepted my offer to BU. I'm creating the Facebook group, and I need to be friends with at least one other person in order to create it. If someone could PM me, we can add each other of Facebook and get the group started.

group is called: Boston University Henry M Goldman School of Dental Medicine Class of 2021!

Interview invite! Scheduled for 1/24.

Withdrew acceptance offer and deposited for UCONN. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Were you originally accepted to UConn or did you get moved from the waitlist and decided to withdraw your acceptance for BU? Just wondering what made you change your decision.

Originally accepted to both uconn and bu. I am at BU undergrad now and want a change of scenery!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just declined my interview. I hope the invite goes to a lucky hopeful here! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Are there any Canadians here that received interview invites?

I received an invite yesterday for 02/03 (Fri). Really excited for the chance to visit BU and Boston!

I received an invite yesterday for 02/03 (Fri). Really excited for the chance to visit BU and Boston!
Nice! Get some sticky buns from flour. 2 blocks from the school.

The office of student affairs will make the official page for you, that will have all the information you need for orientation and other things you need to know.

Interview invite 1/31!! Anyone that has interviewed can give me an idea of what to expect??
I had an interview in the fall and it was super relaxed. I basically just had a 30-40 minute conversation with a member of the admissions staff. She asked me a few classic dental interview questions, but there was never any pressure.

I had an interview in the fall and it was super relaxed. I basically just had a 30-40 minute conversation with a member of the admissions staff. She asked me a few classic dental interview questions, but there was never any pressure.
Is the lunch with a dental student 1:1, or does the whole interview group have lunch with one student?

How many students were in your interview group? And what was the discussion with "a representative from student affairs" like?

Sorry for asking so many questions, and thanks in advance! I'm really looking forward to my upcoming interview there!

Is the lunch with a dental student 1:1, or does the whole interview group have lunch with one student?

How many students were in your interview group? And what was the discussion with "a representative from student affairs" like?

Sorry for asking so many questions, and thanks in advance! I'm really looking forward to my upcoming interview there!
The lunch was with your fellow interview candidates and a few current dental students as a group, pretty much just eating chilling and you can have casual conversation about the school

Got an invite just now!

Any advice successful interviewers can share? Really want to do well

What were some of the questions you were asked? Did they ask about specific grades, work, extracurriculars or was it more relaxed like tell me about yourself?

Based on my personal interview, my interviewer talked throughout the entire thing... Every time I tried to get a word in, he would just stop me and keep going on and on, which is not a bad thing...but it was just hard to explain yourself. But at the end of my interview, he asked me two questions...

1. If you were accepted, would you go here? (IMO...Be honest, they'll see right through you)
2. What do you want the admissions to remember about you?

My biggest advice would be to just be kind, polite, conversational, and be yourself. I was honest with all of my responses and I got accepted.
Nonetheless, it was a very relaxed and there is nothing to worry about. Everyone is very kind and welcoming!
Good luck!

Reactions: 5 users
Feb 3!

I was lowkey looking forward to meeting a fellow Texan up in Boston... oh well
Oh no :( that's so lame. I have yet to meet a Texan at my interview! But maybe down the road we may become classmates haha wishful thinking! High key sad doe

Hey, you never know what the future holds! It may happen (fingers crossed)!

also another tip...dont rent a car. just use uber to the interview.
hotels charge you for parking. BU charges you for parking. everything charges you for parking. easier just to take the T to where you are staying and then take an early uber to the school

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if they are still sending out interviews? I haven't heard back yet. I'm OOS and interviewing at Tufts Monday

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone know if they are still sending out interviews? I haven't heard back yet. I'm OOS and interviewing at Tufts Monday

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
On Monday I got invited to interview on Feb. 6th. My stats are below. Do you mind telling me when you got invited to Tufts and what your stats are?
4.0 sGPA 3.9 oGPA 22AA on DAT