*** Official Case Western (CWRU) School of Dental Medicine Class of 2024 Thread ***

Nov 5, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Are they sending out interview request again?

According to last year thread, they sent out an interview invite on New Year's Eve for January.
So I hope they do same but I don't know :( I am still checking email every 30 seconds

Apr 11, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
my status went to under review without any survey? what does this mean? I submitted my app first week of dec
I would assume they're reviewing you app? Survey was for applicants who applied earlier, they just wanted to know if we'd still be interested in an interview as a lot of people received acceptances so they maybe didn't want to be considered at any other schools. As to basically not waste their time reviewing applicants who will not accept the interview invite anyway.

About the Ads
Nov 5, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
If anyone, who got the spring semester availability survey in beginning of last month, gets interview invitation, please let me know :'(

Reactions: 3 users

imKarim

2+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Is there any point in calling to ask for an update on our application? Has anyone done this?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Jan 5, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I received a survey asking if I was still available/interesting in early december and I called the school asking if this was a blanket email to everyone or if it was sent out to people they are interested in interviewing. I was told that it was only sent out to select few they are interested in interviewing. Haven't heard a thing since. Has anyone received an interview since?

Reactions: 1 user

imKarim

2+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I received a survey asking if I was still available/interesting in early december and I called the school asking if this was a blanket email to everyone or if it was sent out to people they are interested in interviewing. I was told that it was only sent out to select few they are interested in interviewing. Haven't heard a thing since. Has anyone received an interview since?
I also received that email but have not heard back yet.

Mhzzz

2+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2018
Same :(

Jun 19, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I didn’t get a confirmation that I turned down my seat until this past Friday. So it seems like they’re back and probably catching up on things. Hopefully, they’ll be sending them out to you all soon. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads

Dr Dimbsa

5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Has anyone received an email inviting you to CWRU's alumni reception? I got an email from Brian Sherman saying that I'm invited to the reception since it's being held in my area (Boston). I have not received and interview yet and in the email it states that my attendance will not hurt/help the admissions decision, but the dean will be there to answer any questions I have.

• Haha
About the Ads
Dec 11, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
It was by email and yes, it did change to "invited for interview" on the portal.

Nov 5, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
got an interview this morning. I applied really late in december.
Congrats! Would you mind to share interview offer dates?

Has anyone else gotten an invite? I got an email of "are you still interested in"l but I have not heard anything yet :(
This makes me so nervous.

Dec 11, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
In the email they emphasized that the process of interview scheduling is confidential, so I'm not quite sure if I can share the specific dates. I heard that people get interviews until April so I wouldn't worry too much. I didn't receive an email of "are you still interested in" but I got an email last Friday saying that they will start reviewing my application.

aylakay

2+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Congrats! Would you mind to share interview offer dates?

Has anyone else gotten an invite? I got an email of "are you still interested in"l but I have not heard anything yet :(
This makes me so nervous.
Interview invite today. I was asked if I was still intrested via survey in December. SO excited!!

There were a bunch of dates though. Don't get your hopes up just yet - especially if you haven't recieved a rejection!

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Also got an invite this morning, but will be declining it! Best of luck to you guys that are still waiting!

imKarim

2+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Interview invite today. I was asked if I was still intrested via survey in December. SO excited!!

There were a bunch of dates though. Don't get your hopes up just yet - especially if you haven't recieved a rejection!
has case sent out rejections?

About the Ads
Nov 29, 2019
Their interview day is pretty standard: you get a tour, go to some info sessions, and interview. It’s 2 separate interviews, both one on one. Very casual, just be yourself

imKarim

2+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Does anyone know how often they will be offering interviews or sending rejections from this point on?

Jun 19, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Can you please tell me how was the interview like? What kind of questions do they ask? What should I expect?
As PreDent said, it’s pretty laid back. I colored for most of my interview day, no joke lol. There are two interviews and one was about my app and portfolio and the other was literally a conversation. He didn’t ask me not one question. This was the most laid back interview I had by far. Just know your app and be yourself and you’ll be fine!

Jun 19, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Are the interviewers gonna know my grades beforehand? some schools have interviews where the interviewer will have interviewee's grades and others where the interviewer would have no idea who the interviewee is.
Both of my interviewers had seen me entire file. One interview was more geared towards my app and the other conversational, but yes they had seen my app.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads