*** Official Case Western (CWRU) School of Dental Medicine Class of 2024 Thread ***

Are they sending out interview request again?

According to last year thread, they sent out an interview invite on New Year's Eve for January.
So I hope they do same but I don't know :( I am still checking email every 30 seconds

Members don't see this ad.

Status just changed from application complete to under review after filing out the survey.
my status went to under review without any survey? what does this mean? I submitted my app first week of dec

my status went to under review without any survey? what does this mean? I submitted my app first week of dec
I would assume they're reviewing you app? Survey was for applicants who applied earlier, they just wanted to know if we'd still be interested in an interview as a lot of people received acceptances so they maybe didn't want to be considered at any other schools. As to basically not waste their time reviewing applicants who will not accept the interview invite anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone, who got the spring semester availability survey in beginning of last month, gets interview invitation, please let me know :'(

Reactions: 3 users
Is there any point in calling to ask for an update on our application? Has anyone done this?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I received a survey asking if I was still available/interesting in early december and I called the school asking if this was a blanket email to everyone or if it was sent out to people they are interested in interviewing. I was told that it was only sent out to select few they are interested in interviewing. Haven't heard a thing since. Has anyone received an interview since?

Reactions: 1 user
I received a survey asking if I was still available/interesting in early december and I called the school asking if this was a blanket email to everyone or if it was sent out to people they are interested in interviewing. I was told that it was only sent out to select few they are interested in interviewing. Haven't heard a thing since. Has anyone received an interview since?
I also received that email but have not heard back yet.

Same :(

I didn’t get a confirmation that I turned down my seat until this past Friday. So it seems like they’re back and probably catching up on things. Hopefully, they’ll be sending them out to you all soon. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone gotten an interview invite for post-december??

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received an email inviting you to CWRU's alumni reception? I got an email from Brian Sherman saying that I'm invited to the reception since it's being held in my area (Boston). I have not received and interview yet and in the email it states that my attendance will not hurt/help the admissions decision, but the dean will be there to answer any questions I have.

• Haha
Has anyone gotten an interview invite for post-december??
So according to 2017-2018 thread, they sent out invitation on 17th. So... hopefully we hear back soon this week?

Just got a rejection email from Brian, so maybe they are prepping to send out interviews soon?

Rejection w/o interview. Odd, I’m at 6 interviews and 3 rejections w/o interview. Wonder how schools choose who to interview when your stats fall into at least their averages. I had a strong application too.

still havent heard back, interviewed back in september

got an interview this morning. I applied really late in december.

It was by email and yes, it did change to "invited for interview" on the portal.

got an interview this morning. I applied really late in december.
Congrats! Would you mind to share interview offer dates?

Has anyone else gotten an invite? I got an email of "are you still interested in"l but I have not heard anything yet :(
This makes me so nervous.

In the email they emphasized that the process of interview scheduling is confidential, so I'm not quite sure if I can share the specific dates. I heard that people get interviews until April so I wouldn't worry too much. I didn't receive an email of "are you still interested in" but I got an email last Friday saying that they will start reviewing my application.

Congrats! Would you mind to share interview offer dates?

Has anyone else gotten an invite? I got an email of "are you still interested in"l but I have not heard anything yet :(
This makes me so nervous.
Interview invite today. I was asked if I was still intrested via survey in December. SO excited!!

There were a bunch of dates though. Don't get your hopes up just yet - especially if you haven't recieved a rejection!

Last edited:
Also got an invite this morning, but will be declining it! Best of luck to you guys that are still waiting!

Interview invite today. I was asked if I was still intrested via survey in December. SO excited!!

There were a bunch of dates though. Don't get your hopes up just yet - especially if you haven't recieved a rejection!
has case sent out rejections?

Anyone got an acceptance after December 2nd???

What month does Case Western finish sending out interviews?

Just got an interview this morning

Reactions: 3 users
I guess the survey was for January interview invite is a rumor :(

• Sad
I filled out the survey and didn’t get an invite yet
Same... but then agajn they interview till April so hopefully we’ll hear something soon

Reactions: 2 users
Their interview day is pretty standard: you get a tour, go to some info sessions, and interview. It’s 2 separate interviews, both one on one. Very casual, just be yourself

Does anyone know how often they will be offering interviews or sending rejections from this point on?

Can you please tell me how was the interview like? What kind of questions do they ask? What should I expect?
As PreDent said, it’s pretty laid back. I colored for most of my interview day, no joke lol. There are two interviews and one was about my app and portfolio and the other was literally a conversation. He didn’t ask me not one question. This was the most laid back interview I had by far. Just know your app and be yourself and you’ll be fine!

Are the interviewers gonna know my grades beforehand? some schools have interviews where the interviewer will have interviewee's grades and others where the interviewer would have no idea who the interviewee is.
both interviewers know

Are the interviewers gonna know my grades beforehand? some schools have interviews where the interviewer will have interviewee's grades and others where the interviewer would have no idea who the interviewee is.
Both of my interviewers had seen me entire file. One interview was more geared towards my app and the other conversational, but yes they had seen my app.